Another captain player lost faith in TW

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree, captain mode has poor balance and let me not start on how useless archers can be and how easily manipulated. Games usually come down to which side picks a mix of shield with spears and two handed, that is a winning combo every time and location really doesn't matter, there is no real strategy apart from stick together and shields charge first, 2 handed right after if you want to win easy. Flanking unless you manage to do it with archers is not important in this game, just blob up shields and 2 handed and charge and you will win.

Warband Napoleonic wars had much more fun and interesting gameplay and strategy so personally I don't think bannerlord multiplayer will keep a big and healthy community for long. I do love SP campaign though so there is that.

I agree, captain mode has poor balance and let me not start on how useless archers can be and how easily manipulated. Games usually come down to which side picks a mix of shield with spears and two handed, that is a winning combo every time and location really doesn't matter, there is no real strategy apart from stick together and shields charge first, 2 handed right after if you want to win easy. Flanking unless you manage to do it with archers is not important in this game, just blob up shields and 2 handed and charge and you will win.

Warband Napoleonic wars had much more fun and interesting gameplay and strategy so personally I don't think bannerlord multiplayer will keep a big and healthy community for long. I do love SP campaign though so there is that.
That may be the case in many matches, but I think when you have two teams who are on coms and willing to play the game as it was intended (without just playing troop respawn skirmish) you have some really interesting things start happening.

Of course if you just have infantry armies running towards each other blindly, well thats what you have... But in my experience there are a lot of really fun strategies that can take place where your moving troops quietly into position to flank the enemy once they have been drawn into your trap at the other end of the field.

That's where the game is just fun for me... Sometimes in the scenario above it's very hard to get some egocentric players to drop the whole I play captain as skirmish or nothing play style, but maybe once they do, they will realize there is actually a really fun game mode buried deep within this ****sville which has become most captain matches that are willingly left to otherwise devolve into what it has culturally become these days

I particularly used to enjoy coming up against KoV in random matches because I knew they were going to be choosing interesting units and setting up traps to lure the enemy into.

Last edited:
The captain mode community have been very clear about the direction we would like the mode to go. But, after 400 days of one update after the other, destroying and degrading the mechanics and balance of the mode it's finally sinking in. There simply must be, someone in charge of the mode inside TW, that disagrees with the community, or just don't give a ****.

Meanwhile, 2-3 skirm players complain about throwing spears, AND BAM!!! All throwing spears, in all modes, will be nerfed with 1.5.10!!!!! Guess what we have been crying for in cap mode for ages?? BETTER RANGE MORE DAMAGE!!!! NOT THE OPPOSITE!!! Frustrating af to be ignored like this....

I completely agree. In the closed beta test, the captain's mode was more interesting, more dynamic and more interesting than it is now. Within a year, the developers destroyed the mode that distinguished their game from other competitors. Captain mode - is Bannerlord №1, developing only skirmish developers will create only Mordhau №2 or Conqueror's Blade №3 ... If earlier in captain mode the skirmishers were rubbish, now almost everything has become disgusting: it has become disgusting to shoot from a bow, new maps are not interesting and there are few of them, it is sick to look at a spearman against a horseman ... I became reluctant to play, all my friends threw it into play.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom