An idea to make Bannerlord sieges more immersive and unique

Users who are viewing this thread

So this idea can be implemented with the condition that the player is trying to join an ongoing siege battle by two parties and the player is helping the defending castle.

The feature will have 3 stages:

• The player can only break into the castle when no battle is ongoing, if there is one, then the player has to fight a field battle against a "division" of an army (the logic is that the other half is taking the castle). The castle mentioned can be seen on the horizon, behind the opposing army.

• When that battle is won, a battle on the besieger's camp (could be fortified) will commence, that battle should be defender sided in my opinion, like taking a castle.

• And when *that* bloody fight is over, the player could finally aid the castle garrison by attacking what's left of the besiegers from two sides. Possible scenes could be:

1. While the attacking party is still moving their siege equipment, the defending garrison sallies out the moment the player's relief party reaches a certain distance.
  2. The attacking party already has their siege equipment landed, the player's relief party rushes in to help as much as they can.

//notes:

Not all stages are required to be included though; depending on the besieger's party strength and ai, they could consider their army composition (i.e. missile superiority) and not take that field battle against a stronger cavalry force and instead bunker down in their siege camp. The attacking army commander could be confident and rash and places his whole army into attacking the castle.

This could also be a good idea for a quest given by a clan leader whenever one of their settlements is being besieged; He/She invites the player to join their army and after the siege has been lifted, a reward is given by the player.

I know it sounds hard, given the code, art, and manpower needed for a feature like this, but I believe this would give a refreshing, new, and complex take on the siege aspect of the game. Instead of copy and pasting previous mechanics from Warband, new and unique ones should be implemented not just for player satisfaction, but added identity to Bannerlord.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk :smile:)

Back
Top Bottom