Almost no bows in single-player loot

Users who are viewing this thread

Crench

Recruit
Hi.
I'm playing the single-player campaign on the latest game build and after reaching level 15 and killing many, many, many, many Steppe, Forest, Mountain and Desert bandits I have only found exactly (1) longbow and (2) Hunter's bows in all the loot that I've recovered. This seems like a technical issue yes? I'm soloing right now and have taken down enemy parties that were 30+ in size. I've found a lot of high end armor, weapons, and horses but the bows just aren't there. It's very frustrating to go 1 vs. 20 Steppe bandits and not find one bow afterward so that I can finally have one better than the Hunter's bow I started with.

And no I'm not just going to buy one. I have over 100k gold but buying equipment goes against my code of "being good enough to never have to buy your ****".

Please fix this.

Great game otherwise.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Well, at least you're remaining positive. I personally never experienced this in the main game. Are you testing out the beta?
I'm playing what was released and has been updated as "early access", so yeah, I take the bugs in stride lol.

I'm on -
Native: e1.0.0
Sandbox Core: e1.0.10
CustomBattle: e1.0.10
Sandbox: e1.0.10
Storymode: e1.0.10

Hmm, for comparison, bows are a relatively rare drop... I don't think I got any in small bandit parties (less than 30 size). However if I fight multiple large bands of forest bandits (size 40+) I would expect to get one or two. I assumed because bows are highly valued this was intentional; arrows are similiar, you have to take on multiple large parties to get drops. If you want a bow though don't waste time with bandits, take on a mid size lord party (50+) that is archer heavy, then I pretty much always get a drop. I'll be honest though, dropped bows (and arrows) are generally crappy. I bought most of my bowsfor this reason. The best drop bows I've gotten to date are like two Simple bows and I think one of the Nordic bows, but my worst equipped companion has better than this, so by that time I just sold it with the other loot.

Hmm, for comparison, bows are a relatively rare drop... I don't think I got any in small bandit parties (less than 30 size). However if I fight multiple large bands of forest bandits (size 40+) I would expect to get one or two. I assumed because bows are highly valued this was intentional; arrows are similiar, you have to take on multiple large parties to get drops. If you want a bow though don't waste time with bandits, take on a mid size lord party (50+) that is archer heavy, then I pretty much always get a drop. I'll be honest though, dropped bows (and arrows) are generally crappy. I bought most of my bowsfor this reason. The best drop bows I've gotten to date are like two Simple bows and I think one of the Nordic bows, but my worst equipped companion has better than this, so by that time I just sold it with the other loot.
Yes, this is pretty much what I'm experiencing. I've gotten lots of arrow drops from engaging parties in the 15~30 range. Probably over 100 based on my recollection of how many quivers I've sold (b/c I only keep (4) in my inventory to keep weight down). Regular arrows and barbed in fact.

This is the 3rd character I've started, and a previous one had the same issue but managed to get a Kerghit Recurve bow dropped from a large party of Steppe bandits. That was an improvement at least and I only needed one so I was happy. But on this playthrough there's just nothing. It just seems like a bug based on how often bows dropped in Warband.

Back
Top Bottom