Obtaining a Crown

Users who are viewing this thread

I've seen faction rulers and also some nobles wearing crowns in their civilian outfits. As I am my own king of my own faction, is it possible to buy one for myself in the current patch version, or do I have to loot it in battle like a common bandit? Can I even loot one?

The game has crowns and battle crowns marked so they don't appear in shops or battle loot. Each king/queen has their own crowns. If you want to be able to purchase them, you will have to change the xml. There is a file that contains all head armors. Find the crown(s) you want and change the attribute is_merchandise="false" to is_merchandise="true". Then you could obtain the crown, by chance, when defeating the king that wears it or eventually it will show up in one of the towns for you to purchase. You can speed up the chance of it showing up in towns by changing one of the shops in towns to a Smithy. While you are in the xml, look for the culture attribute of the crown you like. Find a town, in the culture that the crown will originate from, with the highest prosperity, and buy a shop there and change it to a Smithy. Keep it or sell it after you change it. When I get some free time I'll make a mod for this. Or someone who reads this can make one...

The game has crowns and battle crowns marked so they don't appear in shops or battle loot. Each king/queen has their own crowns. If you want to be able to purchase them, you will have to change the xml. There is a file that contains all head armors. Find the crown(s) you want and change the attribute is_merchandise="false" to is_merchandise="true". Then you could obtain the crown, by chance, when defeating the king that wears it or eventually it will show up in one of the towns for you to purchase. You can speed up the chance of it showing up in towns by changing one of the shops in towns to a Smithy. While you are in the xml, look for the culture attribute of the crown you like. Find a town, in the culture that the crown will originate from, with the highest prosperity, and buy a shop there and change it to a Smithy. Keep it or sell it after you change it. When I get some free time I'll make a mod for this. Or someone who reads this can make one...
I got in one gameplay clown from tournament i don't remember from where, Sturgia or another kingdom but nice looks.

Pity we don't have legendary set or legendary npc to find somwhere.

Per a post I saw on Tik tok, you can get a crown by having a child then once your child comes of age 18 years old they will have a crown that you can take and wear for yourself.

it should be possible to order a crown and armor for the ruler.
Yeah I think at the very least the ruler should give you that privilege. It would be nice if you could commission things like clothes, armor, etc, maybe regardless of whether or not you're king.

I got in one gameplay clown from tournament i don't remember from where, Sturgia or another kingdom but nice looks.

I'll keep a look out for that. I haven't seen any but I've mostly been in Empire territory during peacetime.

Per a post I saw on Tik tok, you can get a crown by having a child then once your child comes of age 18 years old they will have a crown that you can take and wear for yourself.
I've also seen this suggested elsewhere too. I'm not sure that I'll get that far in my current game, but if I do that'll most likely be my source.

I've heard this too. I think there is more than just having a child come of age. I think you have to be the ruler of a kingdom for this to work.

I've never seen this. I would have guessed that the tournament prizes look at the is_merchandise attribute too. I'll look at the code later and see if that's the case.

an editor where you create your clan or the characters you can meet. Possible attire of kingdom members. Fiestas and feasts would be something interesting. Some fights while drinking. women's mud fights, etc. additional events.

I've heard this too. I think there is more than just having a child come of age. I think you have to be the ruler of a kingdom for this to work.
I can confirm this works. I started my own kingdom and all of my kids wore a crown as they came of age.

The oldest kid was about 2 when I started the kingdom (peacefully, bought a Vlandian town for like 12 million denars :shock: ). I felt more like an Emperor by the time the first kid arrived with a crown (I probably owned half the map by then). Something like that would be appreciated... hint hint.

I did not wear the crown as it had poor defense stats. I particularly liked crowned helmets I used in several of the Warband mods back in the day.

I did not wear the crown as it had poor defense stats.
I created a mod that provides better defense to the "best" looking armor pieces. (I say the best, but it's my personal option.) I found the highest defense armors in the game and tweaked my favorite armor pieces to have that defense.

Was it the crown helmet civilian crown and do you have a way to show what they look like I'm on console btw so no mods available

Ok, I have seen several crowned helms recently that had decent defense stats and looked cool (defense in the 40s or high 40s I think). Did I miss these in earlier playthroughs or were they added in the latest patch??

Either way, great job devs :party:! I keep delaying my first use of mods because I keep finding more great things in the base game :iamamoron:.

(I am delaying the use of mods as long as possible. Once I started using them in Warband, there was no returning to vanilla :lol:. I clocked a good 4000+ hours using the mods in Warband over the years, according to Steam :shock:, and that is not counting official mods that were separately run programs, like Fire and Sword)

Back
Top Bottom