Allow vote kick of throwing teamates

Users who are viewing this thread

Boxxyy

Recruit
Teamates who throw the game, Either by TKing, Getting in the way of you making you TK, or just standing around hiding should be able to be kicked. I just got into a game with a queue of 5 people and they all continuously kept intentionally getting in the way of me while I was meleeing and on horseback using a lance. They would purposely bodyblock enemies when I swung in an effort to make me TK. A votekick option would help prevent this (Not in my case of the 5 man queue, But in other cases).

I dont really believe that ppl let themselves killed by you intentionally. Maybe you need to aim your swings better. And sometimes this just happens in war.
Maybe a votekick would be good.
On the other side I think it will also be used when ppl dont do the exact way as others want them to.

Extremely disagree. Multiple games i've had teamates openly just running in front of me body blocking hoping I hit them. Its not an accident when you run and jump in front of a couched lance, Looking at it, And do it 3 times in a game while blocking up (The duel signal)

chances are those same people would just use the feature you are asking for to votekick you. It was the norm in Warband, we need custom servers with admins to make that even remotely viable. Taleworlds has already admitted they are way too bogged down to police their own servers actively.

Its really not that complicated. If a player currently has negative score, allow a player on the server to initiate a votekick against a player. Votekick requires majority, maybe even a supermajority. Votekicked players are banned from matchmaking for 300 seconds for first offense, doubling each time they are votekicked in 24 hours up to 30 minutes, until they manage to not be votekicked for 3 days. This way, asshats can stop ruining people's weekends, and it will be extremely difficult for abusers to target people with votekicks.
If your votekick vote fails, you can't initiate a vote against any player for 5 minutes. I already get matchmaking banned for 5 minutes for leaving a game with a griefer, so these mechanisms are already there.

If a player leaves a server before the votekick ends, they still get matchmaking banned if the vote goes through.

For this to be abused, a majority of players would have to be griefers/trolls/stupid, which is just not the case. A majority of players will want to see the players ruining the experience removed, and being banned from multiple games in 48 hours will increase the time it takes for anyone to see you.

Votekicked players can still go play TDM or custom servers, since those are more difficult to grief, but Captain is becoming completely unplayable. With such a small player pool already and matchmaking taking so long, its pretty annoying to spend 10 minutes looking for a match just to get griefed.

As it stands, griefers control the game and the current state is untenable.

edit: If you ever have -15 kills in a Captain Mode game, just autoban the player. This can't happen on accident, and even if it does, you should probably think about your life.

Its really not that complicated. If a player currently has negative score, allow a player on the server to initiate a votekick against a player. Votekick requires majority, maybe even a supermajority. Votekicked players are banned from matchmaking for 300 seconds for first offense, doubling each time they are votekicked in 24 hours up to 30 minutes, until they manage to not be votekicked for 3 days. This way, asshats can stop ruining people's weekends, and it will be extremely difficult for abusers to target people with votekicks.
If your votekick vote fails, you can't initiate a vote against any player for 5 minutes. I already get matchmaking banned for 5 minutes for leaving a game with a griefer, so these mechanisms are already there.

It is not hard to troll a person, and still have a positive K/D. It will help sure, but since it works under an automated rule set its easily avoidable. GK Siege in Warband had their own version of it, and it only worked in the most extreme cases. Tt had issues when it was set to only catch people with kills, because they would only go around "wounding" instead of killing. So they changed it to track the amount of team damage instead. Which of course led to a ton of people getting autokicked because in hectic melee brawls, everyone gets hit accidentally with dozens of people swinging, and GK Siege always suffered from that, along with pretty much almost every other game-type. In the end it was the admins who had to go in and clean up the trolls who were intentionally getting themselves hurt by team-mates to get people auto-kicked, and they were harder to prove.

Active admins are required for "advanced" trolling or whatever you want to call it. Since TW is too overloaded for it, private servers are needed.

It is not hard to troll a person, and still have a positive K/D. It will help sure, but since it works under an automated rule set its easily avoidable. GK Siege in Warband had their own version of it, and it only worked in the most extreme cases. Tt had issues when it was set to only catch people with kills, because they would only go around "wounding" instead of killing. So they changed it to track the amount of team damage instead. Which of course led to a ton of people getting autokicked because in hectic melee brawls, everyone gets hit accidentally with dozens of people swinging, and GK Siege always suffered from that, along with pretty much almost every other game-type. In the end it was the admins who had to go in and clean up the trolls who were intentionally getting themselves hurt by team-mates to get people auto-kicked, and they were harder to prove.

Active admins are required for "advanced" trolling or whatever you want to call it. Since TW is too overloaded for it, private servers are needed.

I totally agree with you and understand where you're coming from, I do remember playing GK Siege and I did get kicked occasionally if I was playing sloppy. I think right now though, we're at the worst of both worlds. Private servers would absolutely be a solution to this problem, but I imagine this problem needs to be approached from more than one direction, and some kind of Vote-Kick with parameters could at least take care of the worst offenders or force them to be slightly less obstructive. I'd love to see Private servers as well, but I'm not sure Bannerlord presently has the community/population to support them, and a Vote-Kick stopgap could help it get there.

Back
Top Bottom