Resolved AI handing every captured fief to player

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary: Since the latest 1.8 update every captured settlement/castle is given to player by faction leader (Vlandia) in spite of low clan strength, many fiefs already. Financial ruin ensues
How to Reproduce: Just be a vassal of Vlandia I guess
Have you used cheats and if so which: Cheats, no. Mods - Improved Garrisons, Improved Party AI, True Noble Relation
Scene Name (if related): n/a
Media (Screenshots & Video): n/a
Computer Specs: n/a

Hmm to be honest it sounds more like a Mod issue. Or it seems to be a very rare bug. Did you try a vanila Playthroug with 1.8 did (do) you have the same issue?

Hmm to be honest it sounds more like a Mod issue. Or it seems to be a very rare bug. Did you try a vanila Playthroug with 1.8 did (do) you have the same issue?
I do not have any mods dealing with this, so it is not a mod causing the issue. And it is not so rare. In 1.7.2 (stable) I had a similar situation where Garius (Western Empire) was handing me almost every fief. The difference is that I was clan tier 5 and could afford the fiefs.

The only game where I ran into that (a while ago) was when I was taking fiefs in an area the empire had no other holdings, so because I was awarded the first in that area, and because the kingdom did not immediately add other lords, I kept getting the holdings attached to it because no other lords were adjacent to it. When the kingdom took fiefs in other areas I wasn't granted them. I'll also note that sometimes cheats/mods can inadvertently affect things they aren't designed for.

The mechancis in play on who gets which fief is too be blunt "lacking".
Too many things that the AI empahsis instead of "fairly distribute it around to the lords" to put it that way.
Proximity, wealth, influence etc. (I cant recall if it was a video by Stan or Flesson19 that had a breakdown on how it works).

That said once you get'em you can just give'em back to the kingdome and other lords should grab them.

Just how many fiefs did you get and have at the same time?

From my observations is when I get like 4-6 in the same area, then they will start to focus on giveing them to other lords.

But alot of the issue also to some degree can be that the other lords will vote for you, cause typically the relations between the player and other clans is better than ai vs ai(some of the clans have really bad relations ingame at start(Example Raganavad and Olek in Sturgia Kingdome)

Yes, I agree the mechanics are "lacking"> I would suggest/expect that the sieging force members have the first 'right to refuse'. They have after all done the hard work to capture the fief. I am being handed fiefs when I am not even in the kingdom (chasing the main quest banner pieces).
The only way around it at present is to constantly hand the fiefs back, yet even that is skewed as only a small number of lords ever get selected.

The game AI should be programmed smart enough to allocate fiefs based on:
1. involved in siege to capture fief: yes (+1)/no (0); army commander (+2)
2. have another similar fief already: yes (-1), no (+1)
3. Have town/city/settlement: yes (+2), no (+1) - as having a large settlement greatly enhances the ability to pay the expenses of a newly captured castle (e.g. garrison, militia, wall, siege engines, etc)
4. Number of fiefs owned by clan should be taken into account. >4 (-1), >5 (-2), >6 (-3) - this allows even distribution and removes corruption.
5. Clan strength: 1 (0), 2-3 (+1), 3-4 (+2), 5-6 (+3). Richer clans can better afford more fiefs, larger clans have more members needing fiefs.

Yeah, I hate it when I have 15 clan members and 3 fiefs, then some other clan has 3 clan members and 5 fiefs. I'll also say though that I don't think companions should be considered clan members and probably young clan members (maybe under age 16) should also not be considered in the calculation. I think if someone is 'coming of age soon', but not yet an actual lord its OK to count them, but not at age 2 or something.

I completely agree that companions should NOT be clan members. They are paid hirelings after all. Perhaps the current system where you can grant them their own fief when you have your own kingdom can be reworked so you can instead (or also) invite them to be a part of your clan - so you can arrange marriages for them, etc. May be an improvement to the current system imo.

I have this issue too on an unmodified 1.8. I'm also a Valandian vassal, and all the other lords keep voting for almost every new capture to go to me. I have seen fiefs go to other lords, but they were Battanian fiefs not near any of my already owned fiefs, so they were right next to the territory the other Valandian's already had. I've also seen recaptured fiefs be given back to whomever owned them before the enemy captured them. So it's not every time, but so far I've been given all of Sturgia's territory, and it's continued into the Khuzaits and Northern Empires territories.

I do not have any mods dealing with this, so it is not a mod causing the issue.
Hey, this is irrelevant. Once you install a mod to the game, it is modded, thats it. We will not offer support unless you can reproduce the issue on a new campaign after manually removing all the mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files because there is no way for us to know which code it has altered.
I have this issue too on an unmodified 1.8. I'm also a Valandian vassal, and all the other lords keep voting for almost every new capture to go to me. I have seen fiefs go to other lords, but they were Battanian fiefs not near any of my already owned fiefs, so they were right next to the territory the other Valandian's already had. I've also seen recaptured fiefs be given back to whomever owned them before the enemy captured them. So it's not every time, but so far I've been given all of Sturgia's territory, and it's continued into the Khuzaits and Northern Empires territories.
Hey, can you please share the save file with us via Ticket so we can further inspect the issue? To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hey, can you please share the save file with us via Ticket so we can further inspect the issue? To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
The save is long overriden by now. I started my own kingdom with all my fiefs and haven't had the problem again.

Back
Top Bottom