Resolved Message "This Application Faced A Problem" on saved game load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: as title
How to Reproduce: Attempting to load "Kane" save file
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related): Unsure
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
GPU Driver Version: 31.0.15.3667
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
RAM: 16 GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Motherboard: Intel Corporation DB75EN
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1SB10C

I was playing my main save until a large army was headed towards Marunath, the Brittiania faction had no castles or settlements left so a lot of their vassals were running around. I had my party running around the large army when they lost cohesion, I started picking off smaller parties when another army came, and my allied army attempted to engage. The game then crashed, and I got the title message, I uploaded the files and tried to load my previous save. This didn't work and caused the same message, as did all my saves on that file. I started a new game and that worked fine, but i couldn't load into my main save. I tried verifying the integrity of the game cache, changing to a beta version, uninstalling and reinstalling, but the game still fails to load the save. It still shows my character, not a black silhouette so the file isn't corrupt, but i can't load in.

On which version are you playing? We are not supporting v1.0.1 as of now. Could you try if you are also facing this on 1.1.6 or 1.2.6? It would be great if we can also get a crash dump ID.
To help you further and continue our investigation of the reported issue, we need the crash report identifier. You should see a pop-up window when the game is crashed. Please follow the instructions there to complete the upload and get the crash report identifier. It will be copied to your clipboard automatically. You can find more info about the crash report identifier here. Trying the workarounds for common crashes detailed here can also fix your issue. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

On which version are you playing? We are not supporting v1.0.1 as of now. Could you try if you are also facing this on 1.1.6 or 1.2.6? It would be great if we can also get a crash dump ID.
My mistake, it is version 1.1.6, I misread it.

I sent another crash report, 2023-12-13_14.20.47_7e167bf345b958fe0e691bee81f2f62b

I will try those other fixes in the meantime and let you know how they work.

Back
Top Bottom