SP - UI Add companion attributes to the encyclopedia

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings Developers!
I would like to suggest a new feature to be added in Bannerlord.
The encyclopedia is a good way to help players to choose what companions they want to go and search for.
Listing the companions best skills in the encyclopedia is avery usefull thing to have.
But I myself would like to also be able to see their attributes. When I choose a companion I think their attributes are also important to consider because they only get 1 every 4 levels. To explain how this can be usefulI let me give an example. I've found companions with 1 in cunning and 140 scouting and companions with 1 inteligence and 80/100 in medicine.
So please add companion attributes to encyclopedia and tavern (when you right click an companion).

Last edited:
I support this, it is weird how we are allowed to see their skills but not their attributes.

If you don't mind modding/until this is implemented, this is a feature of the hero page in Equipment In Encyclopedia, when hovering over a skill the skills effects are displayed instead of description and the attribute and focus values are shown.

Honestly, given how silly the attribute distribution is IMO the solution isn't to show the, but it's to strip them off that attribute stuff altogether and just give them hidden attributes of 10 on everything so you can respec / grind them properly. It's just a chore to turn them into something decent now and you constantly run into learning limits, or having to farm them on skill X just so you can get the attribute / focus points to increase them on skill Y that you actually want.

Honestly, given how silly the attribute distribution is IMO the solution isn't to show the, but it's to strip them off that attribute stuff altogether and just give them hidden attributes of 10 on everything so you can respec / grind them properly. It's just a chore to turn them into something decent now and you constantly run into learning limits, or having to farm them on skill X just so you can get the attribute / focus points to increase them on skill Y that you actually want.
Since we are sharing opinions and also mods, here is a mod that introduces respec for heroes: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/378 Although I should add that I was only able to use campaign.respec_perks console command with this mod to respec perks, The other commands on the mod page crashed my game.
Also I have posted my opinion on the way attributes are distributed to companions in this thread:
Maybe you can leave your own opinions there, because they are more likely to be taken in consideration that way.

Last edited:
I can't get this mod to work. What I did was: I placed the mod in modules folder and activated it in the game launcher.
Is there anything else I'm supposed to do? The mod only shows troops equipement, but I was a mod to see companion attributes.

Last edited:
I know there's mods 'fixing' this... its just that I think its problematic enough now that it deserves changing in general.
The mod not working is probably because it simply got broken due to the recent updates and it has to be updated for it to work again. In my last playthrough I just didnt bother too much trying to micromanage my companion skills and just used a console command to set their skills at a high level.

In general this is all sympthoms of the underlying problems with the character development system, its just that on companions its even harder to work around the problems than on your own character (since you cannot level a lot of the other skills to earn level to gain attribute / focus points).

Back
Top Bottom