Add Character Body Weight Slider to Customization?

Users who are viewing this thread

No worries man, also to aztec no you can't edit your character weight and build by pasting it back in from the notepad, although I think having high combat stats might increase your characters build value but this is just a guess

One thing I noticed when I created my first character, the character creation menus don't have a body weight / Body build slider. I can't make my character skinny, ripped or significantly fat, it's kind of a bummer! The addition of a character body weight / Body types for character customization would be much appreciated in future updates.

+1

It was already featured in previous video before released, i do not know why they removed this feature.

I am kind of annoyed that these types of fundamental (and relatively "basic" in terms of balancing) features are being withheld in favor of endlessly derping around with the economy.

It's possible that the way the gear is setup is that adding those kind of sliders would take a lot of work. Far as I remember the height slider merely scales your character, so i don't think they actuallysupport that kind of deformation?

The answer is no. There is a mod called detailed character creation that adds the sliders for weight and build in so if modder can do it, I am not sure why Taleworlds can't. The only thing the mod can't seem to handle is a characters appearance changing with age so it is possible that Taleworlds is having some issues with that and that is why extra sliders aren't part of the vanilla game but it doesn't seem like something that would be that much of a issue.

The answer is no. There is a mod called detailed character creation that adds the sliders for weight and build in so if modder can do it, I am not sure why Taleworlds can't. The only thing the mod can't seem to handle is a characters appearance changing with age so it is possible that Taleworlds is having some issues with that and that is why extra sliders aren't part of the vanilla game but it doesn't seem like something that would be that much of a issue.

We know that body size deformation/scaling works for equipment because of the botched NPC height/weight update a few days ago.

Your bodyweight is affected by your athletics skill.

Interesting, never thought of that. However, isn't this just another example of a system that is much too complex for its own good? I mean it is a single player game and I want my character to look like I want him to look. I don't want him to be all skinny and paper thin just because I don't want to invest points into athletics (due to the fact I don't fight on foot).

Of course I also hate how bulky NPCs from high tier units look. I don't care if they have a high athletics because I don't associate being muscle bound with being athletic. I mean gymnasts are just as athletic as a strongman competitor and I perfer more normal looking soldiers instead of them all looking like the Mountain from Game of Thrones.

Interesting, never thought of that. However, isn't this just another example of a system that is much too complex for its own good? I mean it is a single player game and I want my character to look like I want him to look. I don't want him to be all skinny and paper thin just because I don't want to invest points into athletics (due to the fact I don't fight on foot).

Of course I also hate how bulky NPCs from high tier units look. I don't care if they have a high athletics because I don't associate being muscle bound with being athletic. I mean gymnasts are just as athletic as a strongman competitor and I perfer more normal looking soldiers instead of them all looking like the Mountain from Game of Thrones.
I don't disagree. I see what they're going for by attaching the weight+muscles to your athletics skill, but I'd rather just customize my player's weight however I see fit. If I want a fat dude with high athletics then why not?

Well the bodyslider mods don't work, nor does detailed character creation for 1.4.3. I really hope the devs will add the full on bodysliders, age, and all of that stuff that we need to fully customize our male or female characters. Otherwise, we'll have trouble getting a spouse. Wife for males, husband for females. Also hope they will readd the copy and paste feature in the base game for custom banners.

Back
Top Bottom