About Horses

Users who are viewing this thread

Mercenary88

Sergeant
1. Dismount

Has anybody ever thought about what it would be like if it were possible to dismount at a speed faster than 0? It would not make sense at full speed but at half speeds or slower it would add a lot to the game-play. There are many situations in which its is useful to dismount quickly and having to wait for a complete stop by either pulling on the reins (S) or pulling harder causing the horse to rear (Ctrl + J) just doesn't cut it. Even with Ctrl + J one must wait for the horse to plant all fours to get off.

Perhaps the speed at which one is able to to dismount would be determined by the riding skill. Realistically speaking in horse cultures such as the Khergits soldiers were known to be able to things a lot more complicated than dismounting off a galloping horse. Surely a full armored knight would not be capable of accomplishing such acrobatics. The whole concept could be balanced out, determined and regulated by riding skill as mentioned already and perhaps the type of equipment the rider is wearing.

Any thoughts?

~Merc88

I dont think this is needed, just turn around while pressing S will do the trick enough.

I dont see why you would like this?

But why would anyone use it?
It might improve realism, but i dont see the use of it.

Back
Top Bottom