SP - General A Shield for a Empire

Users who are viewing this thread

so directly to the point i fell the empire not have a impression of empire you know the achiteture it awesome i fell a part of a empire but the kite shields in the legionaries and in the overhaul imperial troops are making me to have nigthmares its like the vladians units

please make a new shield for the imperial soldiers, like some oval shield or even a more large in the legs kite shield or something like a scutum or wicker improved shield

so i dunno if i am doing it rigth or if my post is in the rigth place, but i iam actualy playing as a loyal imperial of our empress and savior Rhagaea because thes west and north have fallen in my 635 day (because of the battalians and vladians) só make us be a little more diferent

The Empire are meant to be more Byzantine than Roman, so I think their shields fit them just fine. From the pictures I've looked at, Byzantine Skutatoi used kite shields.

++ scutum!

The Empire are meant to be more Byzantine than Roman, so I think their shields fit them just fine. From the pictures I've looked at, Byzantine Skutatoi used kite shields.

That is true, but they feel like just another faction rather than an empire. Something like characteristic shields would make a whole lot of difference in regards to that. And the Romans are obviously way cooler than Byzantians..

++ scutum!

That is true, but they feel like just another faction rather than an empire. Something like characteristic shields would make a whole lot of difference in regards to that. And the Romans are obviously way cooler than Byzantians..
Meh, the Byzantines are badly under represented, nice to see them around instead of the pop culture Roman. I won't be mad if they were given oval shields instead, but I don't mind them as they are.

As far as shield models for the empire are concerned, the percentage we find is not bad. We can implement all of these:

unknown.jpeg

Ingame current available types

Now, I personally miss two. There are oval shields in Bannerlord, however nothing like the elongated oval and round semi-oval with curved convex edges of the late period. All of them with metal boss and central grip.

11roman.jpg
11byzan33%2B%2528500x261%2529.jpg

The classic Roman shield (dura europos scutum) I wouldn't actively implement it (in troop unit gear), but if we have ancient iron age Germanic/Celtic shields for battania, why not that for empire?

I take this opportunity to remind of what could plausibly be included as regards shields for Battania and Sturgia. The other factions I consider to be sufficiently equipped; perhaps within the Aserai and Khuzait panoply type include a pair of round metal shields decorated... in a very secondary way.

Battania - H-shaped pictish shields and square bucklers.

PICTGB5.jpg
PICTGB02_Pict_Shields_Square_Design_16_40808.jpeg

Sturgia- Rectangular shields with blunt edges.

f715b4d2fea515b0a01338b8dbcad94c.jpg

a oval shield will be nice as much, something what just make the empire more distint on troops and formations and etc, we have in game the desert oval shield what was decent and could be easy implemented on troops because well the troops are quite different but the kite shield just ruin the vibe of a old empire, and more shields to Battania will be nice as much too

Back
Top Bottom