A question about weapon skills

Users who are viewing this thread

dunnno said:
The only exception is the crossbow, it only increases accuracy and reload speed but not damage.

I see. So the crossbow sucks in a variety of ways at the higher levels (it has no Power Draw or Power Throw equivalent to increase damage either), eh?

Not really, the heavier crossbows are quite powerful in and of themselves and can be quite deadly especially in sieges (just ask Rhodok or Swadian Sharpshooters). Crossbows are there to give melee players the option of some ranged capability without having ot build their entire character around it.

Crossbows are very handy if used well.  I mean, they are so accurate that you can be going for headshots almost immediately. They shoot slow, but they offer a big slug of damage up front.  They are the best ranged weapon option for characters who don't want to invest skill points in ranged weapon skills, and they can highly effective if you're smart about when you reload and you show some discipline in regard to when you pull the trigger.

Momaw said:
They are the best ONLY ranged weapon option for characters who don't want to invest skill points in ranged weapon skills.
FTFY. :razz: The only other options are throwables and bows, both of which require Power skills to be effective (yeah, okay, and guns, but those don't exist in Native anymore and tend to dominate any mod they are included in).

Ringwraith #5 said:
Not really, the heavier crossbows are quite powerful in and of themselves and can be quite deadly especially in sieges (just ask Rhodok or Swadian Sharpshooters). Crossbows are there to give melee players the option of some ranged capability without having ot build their entire character around it.

This is an extremely realistic aspect of the game.  The crossbows was always the weapon of choice when trying to field ranged troops without investing in specialized training.  I personally love the fact that I can knock a bird out of the air with my xbow and didnt have to invest any skiill points in anything to get good.

Back
Top Bottom