A nord invasion as an end-game disaster?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sheer boredom from quarantine I guess?
In my specific case I'm home 24/7 anyway due to a disability it's either playing Bannerlord or watching every contrapoints or Hbomberguy, Lindsey Ellis again (I've watched Hbomberguy's videos 5 times or so, some Lindsey ellis video's I've watched 6 times), or watching the Netflix shows that interest me for a second or in some cases third time.

Tomorrow Disney+ is launching in my country so I'll have something else to do

(All this after bringing the kid to school, tidying up, doing the dishwasher etc...)

EDIT, according to steam I have spent 897.6 hours in Bannerlord

lol damn thats alot of warbanding :smile: but hey its a great game for sure... Think i have some 1k or so but its just because i was doing other random stuff in between at the time applying for the Legion and our team almost won the division playing American Fotball irl :grin:
Ooh nice i enjoyed every second in every m&b game probably not to mention my like 1.2k hours in the original mount and blade

Ooh nice i enjoyed every second in every m&b game probably not to mention my like 1.2k hours in the original mount and blade

Cool :smile: One thing i regretted really bad though was that i didnt had the time to try out the Napoleon war. Looked like so much fun and luckily i could follow it on youtube with clips and was an enjoyment every time

Cool :smile: One thing i regretted really bad though was that i didnt had the time to try out the Napoleon war. Looked so much fun and luckilly i could follow it on youtube with clips and was an enjoyment every time
You missed out then i wasnt the biggest napoleon player but my 400 odd hours there were definetly very fun

I don't understand how people could play for many hundreds of hours, have their saves and mods obsolete in a matter of days, restart a new game, keep going, restart, repeat, and go on that cycle.

I have well over 1K hours and I've only had a single save break. That was because of a mod being naughty, touching the savefile without telling me. That said, I don't mind restarting a playthrough.

What I do know is that M&B is a long term game that is supposed to have many different possibilities, instead of the same linear path every time. Or at least it should, the only full experience in the game shouldn't just be the same path of quester, following into bandit hunter, mercenary, lord, and then king.

You don't have to do that in that order. Lots of people skip questing and merc work. It doesn't really affect you as long as you know what the hell you're doing. A few others go right from hunting bandits and minor factions to starting their own kingdom. There isn't really an end boss or anything so you can take your time doing whatever.

I mean, as long as their isn't a massive Nord invasion coming, in which case, yeah, you might wanna follow the rails because otherwise you'll be ****ed at endgame.

I have well over 1K hours and I've only had a single save break. That was because of a mod being naughty, touching the savefile without telling me. That said, I don't mind restarting a playthrough.
A thousand hours and only one save break? I don't know how you did it. I had several saves breaking because of patches or mods, or poor performance or issues that were addressed in patches that I simply could not keep myself from not updating to, which of course would break the game. If Bannerlord somehow against my predictions becomes the best game ever, with mods most likely in such an outcome, I'd rather have a fresh experience.
You don't have to do that in that order. Lots of people skip questing and merc work. It doesn't really affect you as long as you know what the hell you're doing. A few others go right from hunting bandits and minor factions to starting their own kingdom. There isn't really an end boss or anything so you can take your time doing whatever.
I don't necessarily mean that exact order, but it is usually the same end result of a King or a Lord. I just wish Bannerlord had a wider horizon of choices and opportunities. You get me? I have 1,200 hours in Warband over a seven-year span, so obviously there are ways of shaking it up, but only to an extent. I expected TW to not just remake the same exact game, much less expecting it to be not even as good.

In my specific case I'm home 24/7 anyway due to a disability it's either playing Bannerlord or watching every contrapoints or Hbomberguy, Lindsey Ellis again (I've watched Hbomberguy's videos 5 times or so, some Lindsey ellis video's I've watched 6 times), or watching the Netflix shows that interest me for a second or in some cases third time.
Shhhhh, you'll trigger the conservatives :lol:.
I get you though, I'm home myself pretty much everyday all day. Moving back to Florida from Norway was a mistake. I'm just taking college courses online and staying fit and bulking as well as paying attention to politics in most of my spare time, I'm a bit video-gamed out at the moment. I like some of those youtube channels, and I assume you watch them for the politics, and I'd reccommend watching political videos from other perspectives, not your Ben Shapiros and Steven Crowders, but people more intelligent and educated, not quite as sensational and mainstream right-leaning, like Jordan Peterson or Victor Davis Hanson, a great military historian. With politics, I don't agree with a lot of their politics myself but they're intelligent and I still have something to gain from it. You're not American I'm guessing, and it always amused me how dumbfounded my Norwegian friends and family are at the absurditiy of American politics these days. It's worth hearing both sides, it's not black-and-white and is a complex ****storm. Anyway, this is very off-topic, and I don't want to turn this thread into politics, Bannerlord is political enough as it is.

If you guys are bored you should play or replay old games like I've been doing since uninstalling Bannerlord, I've had a lot of fun with SWAT 4 and GTA IV, I'm still not finished with the DLC stories of that game.

Did you update the game every time or did you keep an old version?

I've always updated. But I usually play on the stable branch, not the beta branch. One exception was 1.5.1 beta and that was where the problem was -- not due to the beta branch itself but the mod author changing something.

I've always updated. But I usually play on the stable branch, not the beta branch. One exception was 1.5.1 beta and that was where the problem was -- not due to the beta branch itself but the mod author changing something.
Huh. Most people seemed to have the same problem as me with saves being broken, you're a smart man. I just didn't care and did not enjoy Bannerlord enough to try to play a really long save after like the first two.

If we were all living in a happy Arcadia, where Bannerlord already had the combat and naval transport features in place, this kind of late game event would make much more sense.

Imagine playing a campaign within the current map boundaries. When we reached the year 1100 (for example) a board would appear warning us that the Nord invasion was taking place. When you click on that panel, the map will expand its boundaries to the north, making the Nordlands area playable and accessible by ship.
This should be the Native.

A proper dlc, would be to add the factions of which they spoke to us in the lore in previous deliveries (Balion, Geroia, etc) and their territories (enlarging the campaign map).
giphy.gif

If only...

Back
Top Bottom