867 A.D. - Lords of War +++ RELEASED FOR 0.903 +++

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Markus II said:
Ok, with a lot of help from Raz, I'm managed to position the banners correctly. The shield position isn't perfect, but it at least means that the soldier holding it can carry a weapon instead of attacking with the banner.
I'll put my ignorance on display: What's meant by shield position?
Can the soldier hold a shield and  a banner in the left hand?

Adorno said:
I think he means that the banner is, from the code point of view, equipped and treated like a shield.

...does that mean that the soldier will parry blows and block arrows with his banner, Marcus?

Maan said:
Adorno said:
I think he means that the banner is, from the code point of view, equipped and treated like a shield.

...does that mean that the soldier will parry blows and block arrows with his banner, Marcus?

Adorno, the shield position simply refers to the item being rotated in Wings3d so that it fits in the left hand, then it is given shield-like stats in module_items.py

Maan, the banners can be used to block blows, but i've lowered the 'size', so most projectiles will still strike the player/troop.

darklon7 said:
cool, are you sending private beta invites or is it just the team?

darklon7, I've already picked the playtesters and playtesting is nearly complete.

About playtesting: I don't have time for about four more days, and then I'll try to get some fun into my life.

Banners look great, by the way.

Updates:

+ Added new parties - Cornish Raiders, Norweign Vikingr and a Peasant Uprising party.
+ Fixed NPC stats.
+ Added two new saxon NPC's.
+ Added new artwork for encounters with the new parties.
+ Fixed some faces that went retarded for some reason... :neutral:

I'm doing the last batch of playtesting myself. Hopefully, (fingers-crossed) the release will be bug-free.

I'm aiming for a public release in the next couple of days.

The banner used as a shield looks like a good compromise. :smile:

Markus II said:
I'm doing the last batch of playtesting myself. Hopefully, (fingers-crossed) the release will be bug-free.

YAY!

...the children will be happy!  :mrgreen:

...what?
No, son, sorry. I said I would be sacrificing a little child per day until mod release. The mod is not yet released, so you're going into the pool anyway. Tough luck.

*splosh!*

Can't bloody wait - well I know I have to but you know what I mean. :grin:

Good, but the lack of the formations makes me sad. That looked a lot of fun.

I hateth rapdishare. Bloody cat codes.. I don't get why people use it when there are dozens of other free webhosts out there.

Dain Ironfoot said:
Good, but the lack of the formations makes me sad. That looked a lot of fun.

Dain,

Once NCrawler is done updating Mirathei's Formation script, I'll release a Formation patch for the mod.

Woohoo! Getting it right now! Will be very awsome no doubt. Let's go find that helmet of mine  :mrgreen:

A question: did you rig armors yourself or did you just do retextures of existing armors?

*Cough* It appears I am at an impasse with your mod....
It gives me the following error whenever I try to load it up:
RGL ERROR-
Attempt to Reregister texture retex.dds

.... Help?

iamahorse said:
*Cough* It appears I am at an impasse with your mod....
It gives me the following error whenever I try to load it up:
RGL ERROR-
Attempt to Reregister texture retex.dds

.... Help?

It's likely that's because you've already used retex.dds in your M&B Native folder. Did you install Stoned-dude's weapon pack at any stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom