867 A.D. - Lords of War +++ RELEASED FOR 0.903 +++

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus II

Knight
867 A.D. - Lords of War
A Modification for Mount & Blade​

867 A.D. - Lords of War is a Mount & Blade modification depicting the Danish invasion of England in the 9th Century. With a strong focus on infantry combat, 867 A.D. - Lords of War hopes to depict the brutal combat of the shieldwall where Saxon and Dane struggled to kill one and another with axe and sword over a shield's rim. The modification is based on the Native module and includes a complete overhaul of all of the original troops, many of the items and much of the dialog in order to be authentic to the period chosen.

Having said that, 867 A.D. - Lords of War does not aim to be a 100% correct historicial modification. Room has been made for some of the more fanciful elements of Danish and Saxon sagas, including the Ulfhednar, the wolf-skin wearing Berserkir's of legend. Those with a greater grip of historical literature will have to forgive me my indulgences, mistakes and simplifications, though I fully expect (and welcome) the pointing out of any historical shortcomings.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

867 A.D. - Lords of War (MBRepository)

VIDEO TRAILER:

867 A.D. - Lords of War Video Trailer (YouTube)

COMPLETED FEATURES:

A new map covering the land of England, stretching from the kingdom of Wessex through to Northumbria.
Five new factions, including the Kingdoms of Wessex, Mercia and East Anglia, as well as the Britons and the Danes.
A new troop tree for each of the factions. Command the Saxon Fyrd, Thegns, Danish Bondi, Ulfhednar, Briton Bonheddwyre and more.
New parties, including Scot Raiders, Christian Bands and Vikingr.
The return of old parties, Scouts, Foragers, Patrols and Prisoner Trains.
The ability to capture (and free) Kingdom Lords.
The addition of 16 new NPC Heroes.
Expanded dialog choices for parties.
A revamped character creation process, including faction allegiance and faction-specific starting troops.
New Towns (with walls and without) built from scratch - No more native!
New Siege scenes - against walled and unwalled towns.
New Quests.

SCREENSHOTS

Seven New Towns:

Hill Fort:

Some of the new menu screens:

THE MOD TEAM:
Markus II - Lead Designer, Scripter and Scene Editor
Stoned-dude - 3d Models and Textures (Weapons)
James - 3d Models and Textures (Town Icons & Helmets)

THE PLAYTESTERS:
Stoned-dude
James
Spongly
Justiciar
Naridill

THANKS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: (Thus far...)

+ Thanks to James for his release of the Sea Raider Expansion Pack items. (His Viking Shield Model was retextured upteen times to make all the round shields!)
+ Thanks to Llew2 for allowing me to use his armour retextures (Priestly Robes and the Merchant Outfit) that he created for the Hundred Years War mod.
+ Thanks to Mirathei for helping me implement his Formation scripts. (Formations aren't currently included in the mod)
+ Thanks to Chel for allowing me to use his Death, Injury and Recovery script. (The Death, Injury and Recovery script isn't currently included in the mod)
+ Thanks to Njiekovic for allowing me to use his Spangen Helmet.
+ Thanks to Raz for his Wings3d help and advice.

+ Thanks to all those who contributed and supported the mod during its development. Without your continued interest and feedback, this mod may well never have seen the light of day.

UPDATE HISTORY:

Tuesday, 29th January, 2008 - First posted on Taleworlds forum.
Wednesday, 30th January, 2008 - Added Death, Injury and Recovery Feature - Courtesy of Chel.
Friday, 8th Feburary, 2008 - Added new character creation system/menus.
Wednesday, 5th March, 2008 - Added new weapons, new helmets, new armour, new town and town siege scenes.
Monday, 21st April, 2008 - Beta testing begins.
Monday, 5th May, 2008 - Mod is released for M&B 0.903.

BECOME A 867 A.D. - LORDS OF WAR SUPPORTER!

Just add the banner below to your signature to help gain support for the mod!

banner1gq2.jpg

Or cut and paste the following code into your signature for a banner that links to this thread:

Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,31937.0.htm][IMG]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3164/banner1gq2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I know that tastes are tastes,but what's wrong with my mod to make a new one on the same exactly things??.
If you haven't checked it out,here's the link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,28965.0.html .
Good luck anyway.

Two mods about one year in history :shock:. That's weird, but mod is sounds great!

This looks really awesome. I think you must've read The Last Kingdom and perhaps the following books by Bernard Cornwell, as I have always wanted to see a mod made about this kind of period. If you would like, I would willingly give any historical advice as I am greatly interested in the period and location. If you want place names or armour/weapon descriptions or concept artwork or source material of any kind for that period, please dont hesitate to ask. Would like to help/speed up the process of this mod and make it as good as it can be because I cant wait to play it  :grin:

Cheers

Some of the dialogues has a somewhat disturbing language :razz: Anyway i really like the "By Odin! this land is full of foes weaker than piss!

hellbound said:
Some of the dialogues has a somewhat disturbing language :razz: Anyway i really like the "By Odin! this land is full of foes weaker than piss!

i love those!

why don't you join the forces with the other 867 mod, Markus?

Love the idea and the screenshots are great, especially the new conversations.

I do think a merge of this and FerdiadITA`s great mod would be excellent.

Looks good. I hope Mordecai is being sarcastic. I find his dialogue slightly offensive.
One little thing - he'd actually be more likely to say 'goy' instead of gentile, but people might not understand that.

FerdiadITA said:
I know that tastes are tastes,but what's wrong with my mod to make a new one on the same exactly things??.

Ferdiad,

When I started making 867 A.D. (late November, 07) I was unaware that you were in the process of building your own. At the time the only forum I frequented was The Forge, struggling to learn how to use the Python scripter. Had I, at that time, seen your mod, I may have contributed to it instead of building my own.

Of course, there are a number of differences in the way that both mods depict the time period and cultures/armies involved. Enough, I think, to define them as seperate entities.

Senta said:
why don't you join the forces with the other 867 mod, Markus?

Cuireach said:
I do think a merge of this and FerdiadITA`s great mod would be excellent.

Senta and Cuireach,

A few months ago, I would have been agreeable to the idea, but at this point I have a better idea of what I'm looking to do with 867 A.D. As such, I'd rather push on as an independant party. That being said, once 867 A.D is released, I'd be happy to share any and all resources with Ferdiad and further development of his mod.

Kealac said:
This looks really awesome. I think you must've read The Last Kingdom and perhaps the following books by Bernard Cornwell, as I have always wanted to see a mod made about this kind of period. If you would like, I would willingly give any historical advice as I am greatly interested in the period and location. If you want place names or armour/weapon descriptions or concept artwork or source material of any kind for that period, please dont hesitate to ask. Would like to help/speed up the process of this mod and make it as good as it can be because I cant wait to play it  :grin:

Kealac,

Spot on with the Cornwall comment, I've been a fan of the author since the Sharpe series. Hence the names of some of the NPC Heroes - as well as the type of in-your-face dialog that will be present in the final release. :wink:

Many thanks for the offer of assistance. Any concept artwork that can be included in the game would be great, as I still need to replace the in game artwork with more suitable images. Place names (with the Saxon/Danish spellings) would be an asset. I've already converted the majority of towns and castles to their period spellings, but I do have a few gaps here and there. I'll post up a full list later on.

Orj said:
Looks good. I hope Mordecai is being sarcastic. I find his dialogue slightly offensive.
One little thing - he'd actually be more likely to say 'goy' instead of gentile, but people might not understand that.

Orj,

Haha, I know full well the meaning of Goy and Goyium. My Jewish girlfriend throws it at me everytime she exposes my ignorance of Jewish traditions! :wink:

And yes, sarcasm is the point, a play on the prejudice directed at the Jewish community in England at the time. (Despite the few records of substantial Jewish communities or laws regarding such communities until after the Norman Conquest, when many Jews settled in England)

Naridill said:
The year 867 is getting mighty crowded.

The more the merrier Naridill.

hellbound said:

I should probably mention that the mod contains occasional (well, frequent really...) coarse language and sexual references....

OMG, other interesting mod... I have read Cornwell´s books, Derfer is one of my favorite names for games...
I wish you make a very good mod, and I hope enjoy it soon.

P.S. Great, we are going to capture lords!

Markus II said:
When I started making 867 A.D. (late November, 07) I was unaware that you were in the process of building your own. At the time the only forum I frequented was The Forge, struggling to learn how to use the Python scripter. Had I, at that time, seen your mod, I may have contributed to it instead of building my own.

Of course, there are a number of differences in the way that both mods depict the time period and cultures/armies involved. Enough, I think, to define them as seperate entities.

If you need any help I will happily give you a hand,and also TDA source is available for everyone.
Good luck with this mod,then.

FerdiadITA said:
If you haven't checked it out,here's the link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,28965.0.html .
Good luck anyway.

You just can't get enough viking mods :grin:

I've just added Chel's Death, Injury and Recovery script with a few small changes.

The items (Life Charms) that help to prevent/lower the chance of death have been removed, as has the Ghost Helm. I'm currently trying to figure a way to get the game to revert back to the title menu screen upon death of a character, to no avail thus far.

Kolba said:
That's ok. When we can expect first release or beta?

Hard to say. I'm aiming for a limited playtesting release within 3-4 weeks, with all features aside from the new town/castle scenes included. Learning how to rebuild towns will likely take some time and effort, hence the reason they'll be left out until the final release. Of course, that is providing that some bright spark doesn't offer their services in the mean time... :wink:

Another mod with scots? Another mod which will let me chew on meaty saxon chunks?  :grin:

Edit: Did you get Cadfeal from that wierd monk program brother Cadfeal.
2cnd edit: I'm going to have to make a female character now just so I can tell Hild that I have a mind to defile her.

just waiting to see uthred now and you may as well call it a Cornwell Mod

keep up the good work

peace

Death and injury should be optional. At least death. Yes, I'm a sissy. :neutral:

Would you consider providing the player more starting options re:

- religion (i.e. Christian, Norse, other) 

- allegiance

- background  (i.e. monk/priest/nun-in-training, berserker, banished child, bastard)? I know this entails more scripts/dialogues...

I've read/re-reading The Last Kingdom, by the way.

Hussah! Another vikingy mod for me to admire! Can't wait to see the finished result, sir.

I can't stand, and yet at the same time love Cornwell's books. I don't know which I like least.. his workmanlike way of writing, the small but constant mistakes, the butchery of history, or his inability to keep mention of the oh-so "eternally super" London at bay. Though for all the flaws, man tells a good story.

And don't go calling all Englishmen Saxons, either. That's a bleedin' Celtic mistake. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom