4.55c has been uploaded (release very soon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclohexane

Knight at Arms
I just uploaded 4.55C.  All we need now is Twan or von to download and post on repository (I could but then there would be multiple versios & I don't have the bandwidth to place on my free server). 

Heres a list of changes / performance fixes:

Quick Summary:
1.) Lods for all new SOD items
2.) Lods for the majority of native items that were missing them
3.) Updated Villanese (all new graphics and a few stat tweaks)
4.) Updated Zerrikanians (a few units)
5.) Updated Antarians (a few units)
6.) Updated Marinarians (a few elite units with heraldic gear)
7.) Updated all hero companions (dialogs, stats, skills, gear, but kept names the same so interactions are the same)
8.) Updated stats on royal artifact items
9.) Updated strategy advisor screens (had a couple errors)
10.) More smaller stuff listed in spoiler below…

1.)  Delete the following textures from Sod 4.5 Gold folder (no longer needed because items removed):
Brassboots (moved to antplate3 texture to save space)
Brassgauntlets (moved to elephant_guard_glove texture to save space)
cloaks_1 (removed all old style cloaks, may need to fix jester item cheat category – just take out)
cloaks_2
decor_hammer (moved to a elephant_clergy texture to save space)
dvor_lamellar1 (moved to a new texture to save space)
dvor_lamellar2 (moved to a new texture to save space)
eagleplate (moved to a noble_spiked_helm texture to save space)
elephant_guard_sickle_1 (moved to a brassarmor texture to save space)
elephant_missiles (moved to a elephant_clergy texture to save space)
legion_armor_1_spec (removed and combined with legion_armor_2_spec)
legion_greaves (removed and combined with legion_armor_4)
legion_greaves_spec (removed and combined with legion_armor_4_spec)
legion_helm_02 (was similar to legion_helm_03)
legion_helm_02_spec (was similar to legion_helm_03_spec)
legion_helm_09_spec (removed and combined with legion_armor_08_spec)
legion_helm_12_spec (removed and combined with legion_armor_08_spec)
jester_glove (moved to a new texture to save space)
jotnar_clan_armor_7 (moved to a new texture to save space)
jotnar_clan_armor_8 (moved to a new texture to save space)
marboots1 (moved to a new texture to save space)
marboots2 (replaced on troops with darkboots)
marboots3 (moved to a new texture to save space)
red_surcoat_over_mail (moved to boyar_armor1 texture to save space)
serpent_host_armor_1 (moved to oprichnik_mask1 texture to save space)
serpent_host_armor_4 (moved to a new texture to save space)
serpent_host_armor_7 (moved to a new texture to save space)
slavers_2 (moved to slavers_1 to save space)
surcoat_bur_05 (moved to kanobou_iron texture to save space)
surcoat_comp_1 (moved to a new texture to save space)
surcoat_comp_24 (moved to kanobou_wood texture to save space)
surcoat_dav_03 (moved to a new texture to save space)
vilboots1 (moved to a new texture to save space)
vilhelm1 (moved to a new texture to save space)
vilchain2 (moved to a new texture to save space)
vilchain3 (moved to a new texture to save space)
berdiche
berdiche_mask
helm_rajputi
oprichnik_mask3
dvor_archer_mask2

2.)  module_scripts.py: 
Replaced itm_marboots2 (#marinian lords) with itm_marboots1 
Replaced itm_margloves1 with itm_darkgauntlets  (3 times:  marinian start gear, strategy advisor gear, marinian lords 1-10 gear)
Replaced itm_villchain3 with itm_vilarmor_9 (vill start gear)
Replaced itm_villchain2 with itm_vilarmor_10 (strategy advisor and vill lord)
Replaced itm_villchain4 with itm_vilarmor_12 (vill lord 11-20)
Changed starting vill horse from war horse to villanese warhorse (itm_vilhorse1) for starting character and strategy advisor

Added nomad bow and arrows as starting equipment for zerrikanians. 
Changed zerrikanian lord equipment (11-20) from itm_bashkirmitten to itm_black_army_leather_gloves (deleted bashkirmitten)
Deleted references to trp_sod_ant_knight, trp_sod_ant_paladin, trp_sod_vil_knight
Replaced itm_oprichnik_mace with itm_mace_pear (zerrikanian lords)

3.)  module_skins.py:
Added 15 new Villanese war paints

4.)  module_items.py: 
Deleted all Villanese cloaks and chain mails (to much clipping and made new armors with capes / hoods so same theme)
Deleted itm_marboots2 (looked like itm_darkboots so swapped out on troops)
Deleted itm_margloves1 (looked like itm_darkgauntlets so swapped out on troops)
Added lots of Villanese armors, helms, and faith armors

Changed reference of some meshes to link to files with lods
Tweaked many item stats and continued to verify length of items correspond with measured length in OpenBRF
Gave twohandedmace blunt thrust damage (so when give command to Slavers to use only blunt, the slavers do not stand there)
Changed zerrikanian axeman helmets and gear same as scout cavalry (save item space and remove berdiche equipment).  Used old  axeman gear as hardened axeman equipment (and made a new mask)
Fixed greathammer (added thrusting damage)
Deleted bashkirmitten (no lods and can use another glove)
Replaced itm_oprichnik_mace with itm_mace_pear
Deleted gothictwophand (mesh twohanderb and twohanderbscaba)
Balanced black army (reduced armor slightly)
Balanced elephant guard (increased armor)
Boosted muskets

5.)  module_troops.py:
Updated Antarian Javelins (slightly better armor, increased levels, shield skill, athletics, more power throw, and small power strike)
Made Villanese scouts ranged cavalry.  Fits theme (logical to have a counter to heavy cavalry when infantry archer main army) and makes them more useful (like steppe bandits)
Swapped itm_marboots2 with itm_darkboots on troops
Swapped itm_margloves1 with itm_darkgauntlets on troops
Made many changes to faith troops to make them more unique and added new armors
Changed noble tier vills from chain mail to new capped chain mail armors
Added Villanese & Jotnar clan war paints
Adjusted lords skills (gave powerthrow to Nords and horse archery, power draw, and power throw to all player lords so depending on faction selection, the lords can fight)
Changed upgrade path of slave from farmer to henchman.  Now when Slaver Guild parties spawn 9or hired), there will be no regular mercenaries (hired blades, swordsmen, etc.) in the party messing up the blunt weapon arrangement. 
Gave more heraldic gear to Marinarian troops (makes look more unique)
Made a few more tweaks and balance features
Removed and replaced a few zerrikanian items
Removed all weapons with peircing thrust damage on Slavers (so when give command to use only blunt, the slavers do not stand there)
Changed Black Army cavalry to use hunter horses and reduced shield skill on iron guard
Elephant guard (added athletics and shield skill, more armor, and higher tier units use longer shields)
Gave zerrik cavalry archers black leather gloves instead of bashkirmittens (better model)
Deleted trp_sod_vil_knight, trp_sod_vil_knight1, trp_sod_ant_knight, trp_sod_ant_knight1, trp_sod_ant_paladin, and trp_sod_ant_paladin1
Replaced itm_oprichnik_mace with itm_mace_pear (already in base native weapon_meshes1.brf and not needed)
Gave zerrikanian cavalry a morningstar and one handed axes so will not be such a high prisoner turnout (but will still get some)

6.)  module_dialogs.py:
Updated mercenary guild texts (grammar and fill in the blanks for later as well as references to “Romans”)
Changed trp_sod_vil_knight with trp_sod_vil_high_chief (deleted trp_sod_vil_knight from troops) - marshall skirmish
Changed trp_sod_ant_knight with trp_sod_ant_honor_guard (deleted trp_sod_vil_knight from troops) - marshall skirmish

7.)  Resource files: 
Added lods to every single item added to the game and even added some lods to native items
Reorganized a lot of these files to keep items in the right categories and had to copy native items and reference new mesh so new lods will be used. 

Added lods to every single weapon, shield, horse, helmet, and lots of armors
Increased length of royal antarian 2 handed sword
Reorganized some of the items in the files (moved all shields from sod_item_sets to sod_shields file

8.)  Module_simple_triggers.py
Fixed text:  “@The Invaders are come to Calradia!” to
“@The Invaders are coming to Calradia!”

9.)  module_strings.py
Made the hero companion dialog match their new background.
Updated retirement dialogs.

Great! Warband singleplayer seems too easy. Moreover I have to kiss a lot of asses to get married.  :sad: 

The content in Sword of Damocles is unmatched.

Warband fills empty and bland.

It is true that it has superior potential, but it will take months untill it fully realizes.

Looking forward to this, the mod is very impressive in scope but virtually unplayable for me, hoping this improves it a bit :smile:

To Install the patch do we just downloand and replace the files?  Also, I just downloaded Gold v4.5 and haven't downloaded 4.55B or any other patches, should I download them as well or are they included in 4.55C?

A stupid question: where have you found 4.55c? I've been unable to locate it neither in main thread nor in mbrepository.

I' uploaded it for the team and von is going to post it in his thread.  There are people out of town.  Probably wont be till next week.  If he is gone next week also, I'll try to post on Repository myself but Twan should be back by the. 

I've been working on this for like 7 months without a real game (see only my changes and not everyone elses) but just started a new one up.  Here are some of my first impressions :

Wow!
I haven’t sleep good in 3 days now!  I played till 4:00AM last night.
1.) Bad boy is awesome, lots of interaction and much more challenging.  I never have down time, always fighting and something interesting.
2.) Villanese are so much fun to play and they look great.  IMO, just as good as Zerriks. 
3.) Laws look so interesting for strategy,  On day 130 and just now getting to point need it. 
4.) Economy is so much better and more challenging.  I’m always struggling for money, last version I felt was to easy.  Much better now. 
5.) New map is not as much fun as it looks.  I’m a fan of old map. 
6.) Still a little buggy with quests (final release broken quests will be fixed or removed)
7.) New heroes are so much fun and more useful. 
8.) Didn’t really use the strategy advisor.  Of course I know all the troops  because I made them.  My main concern is cant talk to him from party menu (have to go to camp).  This will be fixed by final release. 
9.) The game plays in battles as smooth as Native now with same graphics settings on my machine.  I have only had one crash (200 battle size in forest with max graphics and formations).  I bet I could lower graphics to nothing and get really large battle.  Unfortunately it does not fix the save game error.  That is definitely something with coding.  Perhaps when some of these bugs get fixed, it will fix itself.  However it is not common.  I am on day 130 and had 1 save game crash at a random time. 

Even with the flaws, I felt like I was playing a completely new game.  Even the way you start is new doing quests to get merc guilds on your side.  Definitely one of best games I’ve ever played. 

The funny thing is that you've been modding the game and never tested/played the changes you've made. Congratz  :mrgreen:

Cyclohexane, you have done great work! By the way, what programs did you used for making LODs? I've read this topic, where you finding how to make animated LODs. I think, what obj2smd, which was recommended to you, is not very good for making animated objects. OpenBRF is faster, you only need to import all your "*lod*.obj", Ctr+C on original animated model, then select all "*lod*.obj", edit\pastle rigging. Thats all.
P.S. Sorry for my English  :oops:
P.S.S Can you put fix in some rapidshare. Can't wait a week(I need to replace original models by first\second lods to make giant battlesizer  :twisted: ) Warband single is really boring :cry:

So, will our save games transfer from v4.55b to .55c?

I presume they will, considering we're only replacing the data files and whatnot, but isn't there a chance that bugs will be created 'cause of everything you've already gotten on SoD v4.55b? :sad:

Curtis, save games will not transfer from 4.55b to .55c. An enormous amount of stuff has been changed, much of it critical. There arent many changes you can make without causing problems for previous saves.

Segd, the LODs were made by Cyclohexane, TheRighteousMan and myself. The program that I used is 3ds Max.  I use the inbuilt Multires tool to lower the polygon count and create the LODs. I think TheRighteousMan and Cyclohexane use a combination of 3ds Max Trial Version and Wings3d for theirs, plus a custom built rigging tool. There might also be some gmax involved, but they may have stopped using that. The limitation with 3ds Max is that it cant natively import or export .smd or .MD3 files, with M&B uses for non-rigid meshes such as quivers and torso armor, which means you have to use Wings3d for it.

Oh, come on... I was so hoping it would get released before Easter, so I'd have a week of fun :razz:

AuliX said:
The funny thing is that you've been modding the game and never tested/played the changes you've made. Congratz  :mrgreen:

I test everything, just don't have time for a real game because there is so many things I wanted to change. 

Segd said:
Cyclohexane, you have done great work! By the way, what programs did you used for making LODs? I've read this topic, where you finding how to make animated LODs. I think, what obj2smd, which was recommended to you, is not very good for making animated objects. OpenBRF is faster, you only need to import all your "*lod*.obj", Ctr+C on original animated model, then select all "*lod*.obj", edit\pastle rigging. Thats all.
P.S. Sorry for my English  :oops:
P.S.S Can you put fix in some rapidshare. Can't wait a week(I need to replace original models by first\second lods to make giant battlesizer  :twisted: ) Warband single is really boring :cry:

I’ll look into that.  Especially if we pick up SOD for Warband because from my understanding, brfedit does not work. 

Curtis said:
So, will our save games transfer from v4.55b to .55c?

I presume they will, considering we're only replacing the data files and whatnot, but isn't there a chance that bugs will be created 'cause of everything you've already gotten on SoD v4.55b? :sad:

Definitely not, take a look at the spoiler at everything changed. 

Whitestrake said:
Well, "Very soon" in the dictionary translates to "1 month" in the SoD dictionary.

Well the patch is complete from my perspective.  Yes there are still bugs which are mostly noticeable with merc guild quests but this patch is orders of magnitude better than previous versions due to the performance gains in new resource files. 

I haven’t heard from vonmistont in a few weeks.  I have no idea where he went.  I’m trying to allow him the opportunity to post the patch but if he remains gone for a few more days, I’ll go ahead and upload.  I’m really interested in getting some feedback to all the work done.

If it's done, can't you just post it :sad:

I've stopped my current game since last friday because the saves won't port over, yet we can't start a new game yet ><;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom