2h units are useless unless archers get nerfed

Users who are viewing this thread

Don't put them in your shield wall and you'll be fine. Once your other infantry has engaged the enemy they'll wreak havoc.

2-handed warriors are meant to destroy infantry; shield infantry is meant to stall or counter archers archers should counter light calv and 2-handed infantry, but should be countered by heavy cav. I feel like some archers are doing to much damage to armored heavy cav and heavily armored units in general. I don't want to say any names, but *coughs* heroes *coughs* fian.

everytime i spend ages finally upgrading troops to 2h units i take them into any battle that has archers and they get massacred they are always the first units to die so now i just go with shield units only any one else find they have this issue?
There IS a reason that the only 2h weapons that really became battlefield staples were pikes and other polearm types.

There IS a reason that the only 2h weapons that really became battlefield staples were pikes and other polearm types.
well the main reason for that was the fact that it took ages to teach someone to wield a 2h sword propperly and you could basicly give someone a spear and send him into battle right away, making it a much more usefull weapon to give to peasants who did not have the time to learn how to wield a weapon propperly

you know how often talesworld told us they will give us the release date at the end of the year. This **** wont come out of EA in the next 2 years at least. Except they just leave it unfinished.
i think this is verry pessimistic view, the original game was a mess, they finished it and warband was a good game. and given the rate at which they have been releaseing patches (5 in 1 week) i would say it will take less than 2 years.

Yeah, giving 2-handed infantry their own squad would make it easier to avoid getting them killed. So it could be like this archer squad, infantry squad, 2-handed infantry squad with 2-handed being spearman and 2-handed sword or axe users, calvary squad.

I think skirmishers get their own squad from archers already, so idk why its not done for 2-handed infantry.

Send your 2handers my way then please I will gladly take them! I send my 20 peasants out as fodder for the archers and let my 2handers wipe the floor with the enemy infantry.

Archers have a hard time shooting over their own troops so typically you just need to engage the enemy infantry for your 2H to be effective.

If you can’t get strategize around archers you just need more practice with RTS games I suppose cause not charging your shieldless DPS melee troops in first is like Battle Tips 101 ?

Just make a shieldwall in front of the 2h units?

you can already do that?
in the party screen select the unit you want in a different group than click the orange banner with the roman numeral in it.
(This image is resized so looks horrible, this is no representation of the games graphics)
yvL93HO.png
Had no idea that was even there, they don't make it very obvious.

Had no idea that was even there, they don't make it very obvious.

Honestly, the last thing you can expect in early access is full tutorials or help menues/tooltips. Let them get the other stuff figured out first.

to OP: I guess armor should be more relevant,to force maces/ armor piercing weapons.

Realistically, arrows and bolts have a lot of drag, losing much of their energy fairly rapidly.
The difference between a close, and long-range hit is pretty massive.
I hate how people keep making the realism argument in favour of unrealistic things.
This happens though. I was long range sniping with the best bow and arrow in the game, barely did any damage.

But hey, if you charge your army of 2-handed swordsmen into an archer line, you are asking to be decimated, and you deserve it.

you can already do that?
in the party screen select the unit you want in a different group than click the orange banner with the roman numeral in it.
(This image is resized so looks horrible, this is no representation of the games graphics)
yvL93HO.png

You're misunderstanding, in Warband with most mods that had the formations enabled, when you ordered a shieldwall, even if all infantry was in a single group, the highest tier units with shields would move to the front row, and those without shields would move to the back rows.

you can already do that?
yvL93HO.png
These settings dont seem to hold for me. My u its are frequently reset to the default. Additionally, there aren't any custom name slots, which would be nice for organizing. Its useful when it works but it is heinously annoying to have to reset them.

You're misunderstanding, in Warband with most mods that had the formations enabled, when you ordered a shieldwall, even if all infantry was in a single group, the highest tier units with shields would move to the front row, and those without shields would move to the back rows.
so basicly you want to take away the tactical aspect of the game and just turn this into a hack and slash?
there are so many fights in which you do not even need to fight and just command your units, with your sollution all you have to do is press 2 buttons and than wait untill the fighting is done
you are commanding troops in this game, command them

These settings dont seem to hold for me. My u its are frequently reset to the default. Additionally, there aren't any custom name slots, which would be nice for organizing. Its useful when it works but it is heinously annoying to have to reset them.
I did have this happen, i found out i made a mistake. if i have 1 battanian youth and 1 battanian warrior, upgrade the battanian highborn warrior and than the battanian youth (in that order) than the new battanian highborn warrior will no longer have the selected group with him any more. the reason is because when i upgraded the battanian highborn warrior to a battanian hero, the battanian highborn warrior did not excist in my army untill i upgraded my battanian youth. does this make sense? its a bit hard to explain
P.S for some reason hero's (normal heroes, not the battanian unit type) seem bugged and they do not stick to their role no matter what i do, they always end up in group 1

Not quite. It's not ever mentioned in the tutorial, nor is it obvious what the Roman numerals indicated.

The game, in general, needs a lot of additional work on giving the player feedback on what's going on and how to work with the intricacies of the systems presented.
I thought it was pretty obvious

Yea you sadly have to redo custom groups every time you load the game, also vlandian levy crossbowmen think they are infantry...

Yea you sadly have to redo custom groups every time you load the game, also vlandian levy crossbowmen think they are infantry...
weird bug, works fine for me except when upgrading the last unit of a type that i assigned a group to. considering there is now more than 1 person that has the issue i think we can officially call this a bug

Back
Top Bottom