29th Infantry Division

Users who are viewing this thread

And on another note, BCT's will be on hold during the holidays, so if you are interested and don't want to wait till the January 10th, now's the time :wink:

Sir Prince said:
Well I might be if it wasn't american.

I don't think he means the player composition, friend.

I think he means the fact that your group is an American one in-game, instead of a Russian or a German one. I know I'd like a Russian one quite a lot. The weapons seem more enjoyable for one, after some intense playing sessions.

Oh, my bad :smile: Be that as it may, it's really the experience of realism and comradeship in the unit that is the fun part :wink:

And the Garand is a beast compared to the other rifles so I guess that helps as well. :razz:

But yeah, I'd join. Have to start liking Red Orchestra again, though. For some months now it has kinda passed through my system. I am sure it shall find its way back somehow, however.

I want a Canadian/British unit :p

Also, has the Darkest Hour mod improved? When I last played it it had some buggy maps and some of the maps were bloody huge (Omaha... needed at least 200 players tbh).

Well I might join up after getting some experience on RO, I just bought it. Would like to play as the British too.

Experience is no factor :wink: In BCT you will be taught many things, shooting and all of that stuff is of course amongst those things. The DI's (Drill Instructor) are most patient and helpful.

It envolves target ranges, CQB Arenas and Scrimming, things like calling out targets, CORDs, moving as a squad, all that good stuff :wink:

The scale of FPS gameplay

(Arcade)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(Realistic)
              ^              ^^                                                                        ^    ^    ^       
            TF2        BF2    COD                                                          RedO  AA  WWIIOL                                     

Arcade: bulletproofiness, bunny hopping, Ramboism, short engagment ranges, simplified balistics

Realism: Frailty, long engagement distences, does not gloss over game-changeing inconveniences.

Hmm that sounds like something I could get into. I'll have to look into it this weekend. Hope it's cheap, seeing as christmas is coming up and I have eyt to buy anything for... anyone:sad:

AA= Armed Assault I think. Also I didn't think any game got any more realistic than that?

I actually bought RO recently.

Played it ages ago when it was first released and saw it a week ago in the bargain bin at my local GAME.

Problem is my free time is fairly limited, especially around Christmas, so I don't know how well I would be able to adhere to any timetables if I were to join your realism thingie.

Great news for any Euro players interested in joining, the creation of Able Company has been confirmed and will take place during January, meaning that Euro players get their own Company, and not just a platoon :smile:

Sushiman said:
AA Being? Also, RO is superior to WW2OL, for the fact that it's only a one off payment, and not a subscription.

Price is not related to the realism of the gameplay and as such is not part of that scale.

As for DoD, that game is AWFUL! Its just to the right of TF2 on the arcadey scale (TF2 however, is supposed to be arcadey and it WORKS, DoD is just dumb).

Back
Top Bottom