29th Infantry Division

Users who are viewing this thread

Maximus183

Knight
Realistic, team-based gameplay is what the 29th Infantry Division is all about.

29th Infantry Division
44752207.png
To summarize the 29th:

• The 29th is a Realism Unit based off the mod "Darkest Hour" for Red Orchestra.
  • The 29th features the real ranks of the US army at the time of WWII. And rising through them takes dedication.
  • The 29th currently consists of three Companies. Able Company, Baker Company and Charlie Company. Each company has two platoons. Each platoon has 2-3 squads.
  • The 29th has roughly 260 active members at the moment.
  • The 29th will teach you how to stand in formation and perform CORDs (Close Order Rifle Drills), tactics, and new methods of playing.
  • You can always sign up :wink: The 29th is recruiting every day of every month of every year. So go ahead, you won't regret it :wink:
  • Be ready to take orders from higher ranking members. If this does not suite you, the 29th is not for you.

A Realism Match is an organized match of DH where you have team/squad leaders and no respawns. Once you're down, you're gone. The 29th ID hosts several scrims, both public and closed for 29th only purposes. In order for a Public Realism scrimmage to start, the Co. Server (Or Euro Server) needs to be filled up, with at least 1/3 players being 29th members. At least one SNCO (Senior Non-Commissioned Officer, SSgt. and higher) is required to host the scrimmage. Once it has been announced that a scrim will be held, wait for the scrim leader to switch to the map which is to be scrimmed on. You will be asked to join the allied team, grab the rifleman class and stay in spawn once the map has switched. The faster you can do this, the sooner the scrim will start. Once everybody has finished connecting, you will be asked to form a line in spawn, then taking your grenades out. This will make your character stand with his hands at his side, making you stand at attention. When you are standing at attention you are not to look around, move around or speak out of order. If you have a question or suggestion, you type PTS (Permission to Speak) in teamchat. Once the line has been sorted out, the scrim leader will set up a scenario. Once the scenario has been decided, the scrim leader will ask for volunteers for leading a team. Note that only 29th members are to lead at scrimmages, so don't ask if you can do it. It's nothing personal. The teamleaders will then decide together on weapons restrictions and pick team members for each side. Once that has been done the weapons will be assigned on each team and the team leaders will start briefing their teams on the plan. Once that is done Live will be called and the round begins. This is similar to the 29th only Drills and scrims so if you're liking what you're hearing, go ahead and enlist.

There is usually a Public Realism Scrim every Friday evening, so stay tuned!

Becoming a member of the 29th is easy. Just go to the website (www.29th.org) and hit enlist. Then follow the steps explained. Most anyone gets accepted into BCT (Basic Combat Training) but if you do not meet the standards you will flunk the POA's (Proof of Ability, a test). Should you want to know more, check the website or shoot me a PM :wink:

Anyone that enlists and gets accepted; READ THE CADET HANDBOOK! several times. I cannot press the importance of this enough. One cool little thing is that you get a jacket with your name tag on it, along with any medals/badges you've earned, as such:
76561197983718966.png

Here's some screens of vanilla Red Orchestra:
RedOrchestra%202006-12-03%2014-35-16-80.jpg

RedOrchestra_NympH_Ownage.jpg

Red_Orchestra_25Shot0239.jpg

Red_Orchestra_13Shot00195.jpg

3349194335_b8ac99a83b_o.jpg

Now here's some shots of the Darkest Hour mod:
tiger2_v3_1280.jpg

FJInGame.jpg

fallschirmjager

Standing in formation:
06dba5d8347d63df2e9a35867fae673a83979b47.png

Euro Server: 217.163.23.215:7757
Company Server: 8.18.92.11:7757

If you have any further questions, feel free to post in this thread or contact me on Steamfriends:
sgtzainali
Now go my friends! Tell them PFC Johansson sent ya! :grin:

wantubannerw.jpg

When you sign up, if I want my name to be Pvt. Crikker, does it already assign me a rank or does it just say Pvt. Crikker. Because I don't want my name to be Pvt. Pvt. Crikker.

Follow the steps :wink: Meaning make it just Crikker :wink: The name will change as you rise in rank. Make sure to put Pvt. Johansson as recruiter :grin:

Now I have to buy the game before the 13th and I have no money. Anyone up for buying it for me haha.

Oh but I am. I'll just conduct a huge conspiracy on the American goverment through a well planned attack force made of the most elite troops in the world. Hopefully I can get $15 bucks out of it. Or I am screwed.

And Elton John and the Beatles and maybe Aerosmith.

There is a platoon with all européean players. Charlie Company, Third Platoon. Soon Able Company will be created, which will be a Euro Company, so thats not really a problem :wink:

Back
Top Bottom