(268) 268 B.C. suggestions and ideas / item requests

Users who are viewing this thread

JankoMega said:
The main suggestions that i have to tell ealabor about this new mod are:
-about phalangites
1.:Warband doesn't have a correct spear thrust(FOR THIS MOD) so the first thing about phalangites is changing the animation of thrusting with the spear or sarrisa.
2.Mod "Timeless Kingdoms" has a phalanx formation, but it isn't good.In that mod phalanx pikemen move everywhere around the battlefield,so i wouldn't like to see that happen in Hegemony 268. B.C for Warband,i would like to see the phalangites stand in some place and wait for the enemy while in phalanx formation.
3.Ealabor,don't listen to people who tell you to make phalangites in this mod without shields...i saw one of your comments where you said that you will give them bronze hoplon shields and i agree.The Greek, ancient Macedonian,Ptolemaic or Seleucid phalangites always had shields for protection.Maybe you can give them some smaller shields like Aspis,Hoplon or something.
4.And the Spartan or any other hoplites SHOULDN'T have the overhand spear thrust and course not like in Native for Warband :grin:.

I'd like you,ealabor,to agree with some of these suggestions for this BEAUTIFUL MOD for BEAUTIFUL GAME called M&B Warband. :smile: Thanks...

It was my bad for 4th suggestion :grin:...Hoplites in this mod should have both spear thrusts(overhand and lower) if possible.
-But anyway it's gonna be a BEST MOD THAT ANYONE HAVE EVER SEEN, if all those changes from 0.960 version of this mod will exist like:shield holding,sounds during the orders to your troops,MUSIC,armor...

ealabor said:
To Janko's points:

The phalangites have shields already, and of course I will try to get the right feel with their formation.

:eek:
Thank's for reply E.  :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see some screens when it's done,i think it's gonna be a revolution of time when this mod get's out.
Good luck.:grin:

P.S:And Edward,i think you uderstood what i wanted to say...just to help you for this mod and to tell you the problem that so many people,who i know,wouldn't like to see in 268.B.C. from "Timeless Kingdoms" where pikemen move everywhere instead of standing and waiting the enemy. But best mod anyway. :smile:

ealabor said:
To Janko's points:

The phalangites have shields already, and of course I will try to get the right feel with their formation.

By the way ealabor,i've read that warband has a better modding system then Vanilla M&B... Warband gives a better formations,animations and everything important to Hegemony 268.B.C like unit details,weapons,maps etc. so i think you could use that opportunity for this great mod.

And how's the process going on?
-In last time no informations about it on this forum.

And E. i was recently playing Hegemony 268.B.C on 0.960 version with Macedonians and i noticed when i press J to give them order to form phalanx they don't deploy right (i mean they don't make the normal square (phalanx)).And when it happens that phalangites deploy right in the phalanx formation and wait for the enemy and when the enemy approaches,every single unit of the phalanx thrusts at the enemy.I think that just the first line should thrust the enemy while other lines of phalanx should be waiting.You should think,when making a phalanx formation in Warband version for this mod,to fix that and make them stand in a real square and wait for the enemy, not move around the map and make just a first line of that formation thrust while the other lines wait behind the first. Complicated right? :lol:

-I do not wanna be an insulting bastard,but i think that's an issue which should and must be fixed for the Warband version of your mod.

ealabor said:
JankoMega said:
i think that just the first line should thrust the enemy while other lines of phalanx should be waiting.

Oh? Just one line?

So... Phillip had it all wrong then?
:lol:

My mistake by the way,you were right...leave it that way.Just make them form a real phalanx not some unknown formation of troops who don't deploy right.That issue which should be fixed is from 0.960 version of 268.B.C.I wouldn't like to see it in Warband version of this mod.

-And ealabor please!!!Post some pictures of Warband Hegemony phalanx.

...and did you see the overhand thrust from Lynores' Peloponnesian War mod?You could make it like that....just a suggestion E.

JankoMega said:
...and did you see the overhand thrust from Lynores' Peloponnesian War mod?You could make it like that....just a suggestion E.

So now we've gone from having the sarissa phalanx attacking with just the first rank, to now having them use an overhand animation?  :grin:

I'd hope you are just suggesting to use them on standard hoplites, for which I already have overhand animations.

ealabor said:
JankoMega said:

So now we've gone from having the sarissa phalanx attacking with just the first rank, to now having them use an overhand animation?  :grin:

I'd hope you are just suggesting to use them on standard hoplites, for which I already have overhand animations.

I didn't tell you to make the phalanx pikemen use the overhand spear thrust,they should use standard two-handed polearm sarissa thrust with shield on the left hand.
.But hoplites,as you said ealabor should have the overhand thrust,anyway there's no use of telling you that cause you already have done that.

By the way why do you hate me so? I'm just trying to help.

Er, I don't hate you, I just found your commentary on phalanx questionable after the suggestion to just make the first row attack.

After that it was open season on factual basis, and wasn't sure if you were trying to suggest to make them overhanded.

heh.

ealabor said:
Er, I don't hate you, I just found your commentary on phalanx questionable after the suggestion to just make the first row attack.

After that it was open season on factual basis, and wasn't sure if you were trying to suggest to make them overhanded.

heh.

:grin:

So the final answer is?

Hoplites have overhand spear animations.
And phalangites?

-I know i'm a annoying,but i'm so exited about this mod.
-Please reply E. :mrgreen:

JankoMega said:
So ealabor???

What kind of sarissa animations do phalangites have in Hegemony 268.B.C mod for Warband???

-I said PLEASE reply or post some screenshots if you have them...you nothing  :cry:

Hold your horses there pal, find a nice big breasted woman that will bring you cold beer and try to get entertained while you wait for the mod to be released.

Then, all your questions shall be answered in a deeper and most expanded level, so you can base more of those requests.

now onto the point: I may be wrong here, but I'm guessing why you won't have a macedonian phalanx using overhead spear.

This is a greek hoplite:
Greek-Hoplite.gif

You see that spear? It's around 2m (6, 7 feet) long.

This is a  makedonian phalanx formation:
phalanx.jpg

Now look at the size of that weapon. It has to be held with both hands. Let alone the fact that each soldier carries about 40kg of gear, I dare anyone in this forum to hold, single-handedly, one of those spears in a overhand position for more than 5 minutes.

According to wikipedia:
the shields are smaller and lighter than with a traditional hoplite phalanx, the sarissa is twice as long as the traditional spears

And finaly, the most important lesson on this forum:
NEVER, EVER, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT pressure modders on granting your wishes. They obviously aprecciate your help and suggestions, but don't get it wrong, you get to ask them to show some things if they have them and if they want to, and if they don't, you don't get emotional asking if they hate you or anything.

Be patient pal, it will come to us at some point.

Random_Norman said:
JankoMega said:
So ealabor???

What kind of sarissa animations do phalangites have in Hegemony 268.B.C mod for Warband???

-I said PLEASE reply or post some screenshots if you have them...you nothing  :cry:

Hold your horses there pal, find a nice big breasted woman that will bring you cold beer and try to get entertained while you wait for the mod to be released.

Then, all your questions shall be answered in a deeper and most expanded level, so you can base more of those requests.

now onto the point: I may be wrong here, but I'm guessing why you won't have a macedonian phalanx using overhead spear.

This is a greek hoplite:
Greek-Hoplite.gif

You see that spear? It's around 2m (6, 7 feet) long.

This is a  makedonian phalanx formation:
phalanx.jpg

Now look at the size of that weapon. It has to be held with both hands. Let alone the fact that each soldier carries about 40kg of gear, I dare anyone in this forum to hold, single-handedly, one of those spears in a overhand position for more than 5 minutes.

According to wikipedia:
the shields are smaller and lighter than with a traditional hoplite phalanx, the sarissa is twice as long as the traditional spears

And finaly, the most important lesson on this forum:
NEVER, EVER, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT pressure modders on granting your wishes. They obviously aprecciate your help and suggestions, but don't get it wrong, you get to ask them to show some things if they have them and if they want to, and if they don't, you don't get emotional asking if they hate you or anything.

Be patient pal, it will come to us at some point.

Tnx to you too...and that thing was the same what i wanted to say (hoplites-overhand spear thrust,phalangites-two handed spear thrust with a smaller shield tied on the left hand of the phalangite).That was about thrust.
And about formation:They should stay put in some position in phalanx formation and when the enemy approaches phalangites should brace the sarrisas and make the enemy stabbed (killed).

-Btw i don't want to insult and pressure ealabor on MY wishes,for 100th time I WANT TO HELP him make this mod best there is.Surely this mod is going to be best of course. :lol:

I hope the Macedonian phalanx will look like in that picture.

Back
Top Bottom