SP Sci-Fi 2132 - [dead]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dark_blade said:
is this still alive?

yes.

panzermaster said:
its a big topic don't want to find my answer so ill ask.
Warnad won the poll, but will it get ported to M&B by any chance?

I'll likely release it for M&B first. most of the TLD members don't have Warband yet (some of us took a vow of celibacy until TLD is released :razz: )

I have great confidence in this mod and think you have a good advantage because of the idea.

I'd suggest highly that you make this mod for M&B the original as there is already Lunar War for Warband it just seems better that you had kept the idea original and make it for The Original.

Moses IV said:
I'd suggest highly that you make this mod for M&B the original as there is already Lunar War for Warband it just seems better that you had kept the idea original and make it for The Original.
good pint, Lunar War will be a lot better. Making it for M&B 1.011, you will be the only one with that type of mod.

panzermaster said:
Moses IV said:
good pint, Lunar War will be a lot better. Making it for M&B 1.011, you will be the only one with that type of mod.
Pretty ridiculous to say one mod is better than the other when the mods arent even released... (LW isnt released yet, right?)

I highly suggest to make the mod for WB

faradon said:
panzermaster said:
Moses IV said:
Pretty ridiculous to say one mod is better than the other when the mods arent even released... (LW isnt released yet, right?)

I highly suggest to make the mod for WB
that mod will have vehicles, explosives, and a bunch more. Also a huge team.

as I already said, likely a release for 1011 first, then a simple port to warband, with some special battles thrown in MP.

and yeah, if you're looking for vehicles and all that, LW would be "better". Rize is doing a great job over there, no disrespect to him.

honestly, if I wanted to do robots and space battles, I would have started an ExoSquad mod (which is what I originally wanted to do- but decided against it) with E-Frames and such. I considered trying to do stuff like tanks, vehicles, etc. in the 2132 universe as well, but eventually decided I wanted to have the game focused mostly on simple infantry warfare, which I think is unique to the "space mods" out there. 2132 has a linear storyline, rather than "sandbox" gameplay. the mods have different aims, so I'd stray from saying one is "better" than the other.

Lunar War is on a long hiatus, so saying it's better is somewhat absurd. I'm also not sure where you get this idea about 'a huge team'. There are two people working on it, Rize and myself. Rize doesn't really count, because he's wrapped up in school.

I would highly recommend Warband, it will just allow for a more expansive mod.

No, it means less work. With 1.011 you have to form elaborate work-arounds for pretty much any script involving hard coded mechanics.

In Warband, it's a lot easier; less is hard-coded and it includes more commands for modders to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom