1860s - SAY or ASK WHATEVER U WANT !! (....in a KIND way...)

Users who are viewing this thread

The Dark Robin said:
Where can I find the music used in this mod? Is there a full playlist on youtube or something? It is very good. :smile:

I don't feel like converting all the .ogg files, so do you have them in .mp3 format or on youtube? I would like to listen to the music in other situations than playing the mod. :razz:

Gruumsh said:
* And speaking of "Crumbs", the racism in this mod is pretty obnoxious.  If you can't figure out why costume hands and headdresses which turn you brown are racist, I can't really explain it to you.
I don't understand this.
You want to know why there are costume hands and headdresses instead of 'skin colors' for players? Because it is a lot less work to implement it that way, and Gabby, who uses only tweaks and recources and not a Module System already has a lot of work with this mod.
You can ask just as well why there are black people in native Mount & Blade Warband.
Also this mod tries to portray the different 'races' (whites, Indians, Mexicans, Chinese...) with DIGNITY and with Respect. I personally can't help but compare this mod with the game Bioshock: Infinite; this game has racists as the bad guys, but it portrays a Chinese NPC (one of the good guys) in a stereotypical way, speaking bad English and such. In this mod, people from 'other races' seem to be portrayed more positively.

Last but not least: Your critisism wasn't really constructive.

The playability is low in this mod

1-Mostly because of the unnecessary and useless huge size of the map. It should be more dense and less towns, villages.
2-Rifles should be much better at range

Tried the mod not too long ago! I felt it only right to give the creator kudos; It's people like him that are the few remaining reasons that games remain fun and innovative, even if the mod isn't without issue here and there. The broken stats make the mod unplayable, but the effort is still appreciated.

EDIT: After reading through the thread, Gruumsh or whoever was largely right, and Gab, your reply to him was disgustingly arrogant and self-congratulatory. I'm likely just not even going to bother playing anymore, knowing that this is the sort of person who made it. It was a bunch of egotistical nonsense.

Good luck in your future endeavors, I won't be playing any of them but regardless, you clearly work hard.

Neuronyx said:
EDIT: After reading through the thread, Gruumsh or whoever was largely right, and Gab, your reply to him was disgustingly arrogant and self-congratulatory. I'm likely just not even going to bother playing anymore, knowing that this is the sort of person who made it. It was a bunch of egotistical nonsense.

That was....unnecessary....

GreedtheGreedy said:
Neuronyx said:

That was....unnecessary....
Eberyone's granted an opinion.

I tried the mod and downloaded it yesterday and played a little while on it. There are a lot of problems with the map, like the text for the villages and cities are about the same size making it hard to find a city to sell my loot or do other things. Also there are no visible bridges crossing over rivers, your party will just walk over the water in certain places. There are some other minor things but I won't go nit-picking at every problem I see.

One of the biggest problems is the English translation. To be honest it isn't that great. There are lots of spelling and grammatical errors making the game a little hard for me to understand. And as insomniac pointed out, the rifles are terrible for long range (when they should not be). I was attacking some farmers and I shot one from a good distance and hit him, however I was sad to see it only did one damage. I moved up on my horse and got real close again and it did 30 something damage and it killed him, which is probably what should have happened the first time.

However, that being said, this mod is not all bad. It seems like it was too hastily thrown together. I think it could have been way better if they invested more time and effort. But some of the good shines through if you aren't too busy looking far all the negative things about this mod. The gun sounds and music are excellent. I actually felt like I was in the wild west.

I guess I might play this mod every once in a while, like when I'm really craving a western adventure. But I can't really get into it that much with all the problems ruining the mood.

ZQFMBG said:
  I tried the mod and downloaded it yesterday and played a little while on it. ........
Thx for the apreciation that U had, nevertheless ...but.be sure that U dwlded the very last Version.
Ur description sounds like an old version, not the latest.  :wink:
Gab

I just checked and I do have the very last version of this mod. Does it not work as well with the latest version of Warband?

I mean this in the most respectful way possible, I love your mods but do you ever finish them? Its like an "almost there" feeling with all of them. I only ask because they are exactly what I'm looking for and I greatly respect the work put into them.

ZQFMBG said:
I just checked and I do have the very last version of this mod. Does it not work as well with the latest version of Warband?
Be sure it is 0.99 Z.
Most ppl that sent PMs to me about problems still refered to 0.99 T.
That is why I asked  :wink:

smallpox42 said:
I mean this in the most respectful way possible, I love your mods but do you ever finish them? Its like an "almost there" feeling with all of them. I only ask because they are exactly what I'm looking for and I greatly respect the work put into them.

ABSOLUTELY TRUE, unfortunately.  :neutral:
When I started 1755 I never thought I could get so far, actually.
Just loved the last of The Mohicans movie and wanted to make a humble Mod about it.
At that time (2011) it was extremely innovative (first game ever in 3rd person about that period time in America  :grin: ) and was one of the most voted of 2011 on TW.
But so many pushed me on a new release about 1776 American Revolution, that I gladly pointed to that new project.
Then so many asked about making 1776 but also adding many many new issues, so that me and my old Team tried to please all those requests, ending up with a good product but that had some problems and things that needed a long and continuos maintenance.

HAH! I disagree so much with those Trolls that accuse me, sometimes... because I was ALWAYS and even TOO MUCH available to criticism and suggestions...and I often ended up adding TOO MANY issues and stuff to my original projects... :twisted:

Then life took its part in my free time and it was really a miracle that I got even to the point that I am now with my projects, see... :neutral:

Also those many and different updates (1.143/1.15:cool: really tried my energy and enthusiasm.

Not last is also the genuine Support that I get from my progressing in my mods...and that s why I concentrated so much efforts on 1860s lately...

This is more or less the story... :oops:

Gab

My brother and I were 'cuates' - Spanish word for, erh, "twins" who are of opposite gender. I don't know what's the word for that in English, sorry.

Back to the point, we both loved board games. As small children we used to spent a lot of time playing, you know, RISK, Monopoly and a game called 'Tourist'. When we grew older our likings on those board games changed, though not at all - we began playing Merchants & Marauders, Settlers of Catan and many others, but specially we loved Wargames since the moment we discovered them because those were the ones we thought were just the best. We even joined a Wargaming group, and proposed once to try Brytenwalda's Wargame out. It was pretty cool, by the way.
Our love for such games which contained an immense quantity of strategy and action and adventure became so big that we both decided to give it a go on creating boardgames and Wargames of our own. We sure noticed it would not be an easy task, and so we began 'Modding' the one and only game for us of all time: RISK. We searched on the Internet for variants to the rules and we changed some of them; we also draw a lot of pictures and illustrations, and even began taking a little course of how to make small plastic figures at home; we did a hell of a research over the years taking every single piece of information with us... Our proyect took 3 years to complete. Damn 3 freaking years. My brother was very proud of our work, and so was I, when it ended up being a RISK + Empire TW + Wargaming + D&D + Monopoly beast.

But well, what does this have to do with your Mod, Gabrilduro?
You have been saying a lot of times that you (and your team; but specially you) have worked very hard to create this Mod for free, and that it kinda lets you down -that you feel dissapointed, exhausted; that you don't feel motivated to continue- when you recieve a "bad" review from another community member. "Bad" between quotation marks because, from my point of view, every comment which points out a big or small flaw out here is just taken as "comments based on nonsese", calling the speakers "haters" or "trolls".

Now I'd like to emphasize what you've said: not feeling motivated to continue.
Going back again to the story of my brother and I, I can tell you that him, you and me are pretty similar: we're 'Mod' makers; you make Mods for M&B while we did the same for a board game. Practically the same, really. Now, we also felt like you did: sometimes we didn't want to continue our work because, like you, we did not feel motivated (because we were lazy as ****) or because we found a big problem we thought we couldn't solve out. Also, not a single time our relatives praised our work, but instead told us we were just "wasting our time", and that we "were old enough to leave games like those behind and find a (********) job or smoething else". We heard that kind of comments almost everyday, spcially from our parents, instead of the kind of comments some of your followers have expressed liking your work and such.
However, our love for this little hobby saved us and our proyect many times. I talked to my brother many times telling him we couldn't just give up and leave our proyect half-finished. We felt the same way, and everytime we thought we could not continue, for this or that reason, we told ourselves: "Well, **** everyone! We're gonna finish this and play it, even if it's only us who do".
We didn't give up, despite of the aforementioned nor despite my brother's disease, and I didn't stop when he left. At tthat moment I felt terrible and threw everything away. That was a hard blow, and I never thought I'd be working on our proyect again, like, ever.
Nonetheless I am. And that's for two reasons: one, my brother's "we did a fine game, *****"; and two, my love for board games.

That's my point here, and I'm sorry for making this such a long text: if you really love your work, the only motivation you need to continue is that, and no more.
You don't need to ask for your followers to praise your work everytime, nor ask them to give your work a high rate on thir or that page.
If you really love your work, if you have passion, you'd continue despite whatever happens, that being either trolls or haters or whatever.
That's what I did, and what my brother would've done and told you if he was still around.

I must clarify I don't hate your work, nor you, nor any of your team members.
I really liked 1755OF, though I would've liked to see more varied American Indian tribes, and maybe a few tweaks here and there. I also liked 1776AR, but felt something was missing. And when I played 1860OA, it was clear to me that the Mod wasn't really worked on - not as the ones before.
I understand: you might not have had the time to work on your latest Mods as when you did when yu released the first, and that you could've experienced some problems which held your work back. I know, because it also happened to my brother and I; with school and parents and a lot of things going around which made it very difficult for us to work.
But I repeat, if you really loved your work and did not worry about anything else (ego, trolls, etc.), you could've achieved anything you wanted and not leave things as they are right now.

Take this as a tip from one Modder to other - that's the intention.
Thanks for taking your time to read my wall of text.
And sorry for the foul language! :razz:

Pjoft said:
My brother and I were 'cuates' - Spanish word for, erh, "twins" who are of opposite gender. I don't know what's the word for that .......

Thx for the time that U invested.
I feel that U tried to be helpful, really.

But c'mon...lets be honest here...
I do not consider positevely at all, those people that ONLY talk bad and denigrate a Modder or a Mod.
A constructive criticism is an objective review of good and bad things.
Anything else is just a speech thrown there to bug somebody and his work.
...expecially when is refered to OLDER versions of my Mods.
(did U notice that most of those Ultra Bad Reviews on MODDB are so old that they refer to 3/5 previous versions than actual 0.99 Z?!  But they never changed them, right? And U say that is a "honest" behaviour :mrgreen:  )

Fact is that I built my mods BASING them on the many suggestions and requests that I had from the "objective" criticism...just check and play the first Versions and see the huge amount of changes/fix and additions that I made.

And yes...Haters and Trolls!
U do not have even a small idea of what is behind all that.
Or what I went through and still am going through, on the net and ...on Personal Messaging...  :roll:

But whatever, U know...I m tired of all this.
If things are not clear after so much time that I repeat them ...well...honestly, I do not really know how to explain them better.  :neutral:

My Mods are whatever they are and I am whoever I am...but as one guy said time ago: "They maybe are cluster**** but they are so much fun to play!!"
And that s the best news for me, really!  :wink:

TheDoctorOfEpicness said:
Hey, does anyone here know how to use the "dropdown cannon"? I found it in a chest, but I don't know how to use it.

Thanks,
TheDoctor

Pls check the Guideline Topic and those Vids that were made on purpose on that.
Gab

Hello I am a big fan of the reg mount and blade, but obviously im a bit nooby with this stuff. I dont know how to download stuff because it confuses me when they say extract files to zip to rar or whatever. I downloaded this and I dont know how to get it on warband still, if anyone could explain how i can download all these mods properly onto it and if you could in a simple way? thanks

Socwalker said:
Hello I am a big fan of the reg mount and blade, but obviously im a bit nooby with this stuff. I dont know how to download stuff because it confuses me when they say extract files to zip to rar or whatever. I downloaded this and I dont know how to get it on warband still, if anyone could explain how i can download all these mods properly onto it and if you could in a simple way? thanks

Download that.

Unzip that - either using WinZip or WinRar.

READ THIS
I have WinZip, and whenever I download something I am given the "Unzip with one click" option.

With it, a new folder will be created in your Dowloads Library in your computer with the Mod's name. Copy/Cut that new folder and paste it in the following path:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules
*It could be different, according where you installed Warband.

You're done with that.

Also, there are several -if not thousands- of threads which contain the same info, and even in a simpler way, of how to do what I just explained. Look for them if my instructions were not clear enough.

EDITED; because I confused programs and .... Sorry.

Hope that Pjoft explaination was useful.

Don t know why some "bad words" were used by Pjoft...so I removed them.

In my  Threads  I DO NOT encourage bad language so pls do not use it.

Gab

So i downloaded the mod, got the winrar for my 64x bit. I tried extracting this mod to my mount and blade warband save games folder but it doesnt seem to be working. Am i extracting the folder to the wrong place????

Back
Top Bottom