1860s - SAY or ASK WHATEVER U WANT !! (....in a KIND way...)

Users who are viewing this thread

My texture and resource folders have some items that are corrupt . can you or can someone give me a download link for texture and resource folder..I really want to play this..one more thing...I have 1.5 ver. Of it. Ty.

I appreciate your work very much, but to be honest, I don't like how this mod looks like...

Firstly, Mexican Empire have ONLY French soldiers. What with Mexicans who supported Maximiliano? Second Mexican Empire looks like French colony, not country. Also just one Indian faction, why there are not divided Indiand factions like Comanche, Apache, Chayenne, Dakota, Cherokee, Cree ect? American settlers as factions looks terrible, I must to say. Also, map is awful - just half of Mexico and rarely located cities in USA and CSA. It looks very bad. I did'nt play normal game yet, but for this moment ias for the matter of appearance and Mexican Empire faction it is very bad...
I used to play 1866's mod, who have many schortcomings (like names from Caladria, Vaegirs for Mexico, Khergite for Apache's, Praven for San Antonio city ect), poor fight options, but there was also a lot of interesting ideas like Gang's factions, Confederates and Mexican Imperialistas as bandits, and also game was very pleasant! I will se, maybe your mod is also good inside, but first impression is very bad.

Yea... this mod is a real confusing one. Basically it only has two things going for it. One is the choice of music and the other is the gunplay. But those two things, especially the gun mechanics are absolutely fantastic. And than everything else basically sucks because it's in what amounts to an alpha state.

So from my point of view there really is no point trying a proper playthrough. Rather the way to enjoy this mod is to load it up every so often for a hour or two of blasting waves of bots with your martini rifle. And than, eventually, when that gets boring pack it up again and switch to other stuff.

I've spent countless hours playing this mod. Most of the time I sided with the CSA so I think there's still a lot of stuff to explore.
I really loved the line battles that occured, when the I fought both US-factions. Well, the battles with the settlers were a little cavalry-heavy. But still absolutly awesome, if you ask me!  :grin:
It's a little hard to say how much fun this mod was so far. English isn't my native language. There's a lot of stuff that's just awesome like the uniforms, the guns, a lot of the town or siege-scenes...

There are some things, that bothered me though.
The map looks kinda empty sometimes and there aren't any big bandit-groups arround. A group or two with 30-50 deserters or something would be nice at least sometimes. Some faction patrols would be great too so it isn't always a fight between two character's armies.

Also I would love to have the opportunity to get a look at all of the clothing items. Especially the uniforms. I would love to know if there's something like a Zouave Officer's uniform for the CSA, so the dude I chose to take over the role of the captain of my zouave company doesn't have to run around in an artillery officer's uniform no more. ^^

saltjunkie said:
**Not sure where to post this, so as per your directions, I posted it here. It's a big THANK YOU, plus two side questions.

Thank you all for a wonderful mod. Specifically, thank you GABRILDURO. Not only is this a fun mod, it's also important because it's the ONLY Warband mod that covers the civil war AND has a single player campaign (correct me if I'm wrong). I love the amalgamation of the Civil War theme with the Wild West theme; often they're covered as different topics, but ultimately they are eras that are inextricably linked. I also adore the soundtrack; soundtracks are often not given the attention they deserve, esp. considering how important it is for creating a mood for a theme. Your soundtrack definitely adds to the overall atmosphere of the game. What's more, I'm impressed with little elements that you incorporated from various civil war and western films, such as Tombstone. Honestly, I could be listing neat elements of your mod for several paragraphs, so I'll end my praise with mention of all the great new skins employed in your work -- gear, horses, and MANY weapons of the period. THANK  YOU.

Hello once again, GABRILDURO. It's been a few years since my last foray into the Civil War/Wild West genre, but I'm back in the saddle, and I knew that I had to revisit your mod. I have played and loved many mods for Warband, but I never played any of them for as many consecutive months as I played yours... what a good time. I'm very excited to see that you're already up to version 1.05, and I can't wait to try it out. Thank you for all of your hard work.

Mod liked it, very nice atmosphere of the Wild West, especially liked the tournaments. But there are several BUT!) First, in tournaments (battles) sometimes the gun does not see bullets, only those that are in the revolver remain. Still fighters of the battle in the tournament do not have melee weapons and they wag their fists .. Give them axes that-whether or knives, it would be much more epic to fight "!. Then something with prices .. They are well very low .. And there are still no restrictions on wearing clothes .., horses have a ride, it makes no sense to rock, as all horses do not require any riding skills ..(I'm talking about the version of 1860. Old America)

In general, the mod really likes, corrects only the prices and stats for carrying things, horses, weapons. It may be sensitive to strengthen some general things, to give these things a worn out condition, for example, in a morgue I made all things 5-6 viszha their condition, things up to the noble, so much more interesting) A little patching up the translation and finishing the fighting in the arena and it will become almost a candy!)

The mod author repeatedly suggests rating his mod and posting feedback, so I attempted to do so.  Unfortunately, my first attempt was wiped by the forum when it decided to check my browser settings rather than post my reply.  This attempt at a reply will be shorter.

After a couple of in-game months, traversing the continent from end to end, and seeing most of the towns and villages, I'm really at a loss to give this mod a single rating, because it's both great and terrible at the same time.  The effort that went into the towns and villages, as well as the terrain and various items, places it in the ranks with several highly rated mods, yet the absolutely horrible balance of the mod (if balance was even attempted) renders it close to pointless, although still quite "playable".  The frustrating thing is how close it is to being a great mod, yet it fails so horribly.

As an example of pricing, one town sells a bag of wheat for 9 dollars, and will buy one for 6.  The next town over wants 43 for it, but will only pay 8, which is ridiculous.  They both sell comparable sized bags of corn for several THOUSAND dollars, with practically no difference in price from one town to the next, and I have yet to figure out how to make a profit on anything expensive that your troops will eat along the way.  Many of the standard food items cost more than bars of gold or silver, while weapons and armor are dirt cheap compared to those basic food items.  300 for a decent rifle, or 3000 for edibles?

Balance is way off in stats as well, with weapons having insta-kill damage at short range (often over 200 for a single shot), but that drops off rapidly to the point where you need 5-10 hits at long range to take down that same opponent...not that hitting is difficult with 100 accuracy on most weapons, and only a couple points less on the few items that aren't at 100.  Reload time seems to be the only meaningful stat.  Price has no relation to real-world prices, nor to the in-game stats of the weapons.  NPC stats are also in need of work, and most of the companions (what's up with the "GABRILDURO" in capitals in all of their greetings?) that you can hire will start out at Level 20, carrying top-end equipment.  Basically, there's no room for improvement when everything is already maxed out.

If the same level of passion and attention to detail that went into the scenes and equipment were put into game balance and playability, it would be a great mod, but as it is, it's more of an interesting curiosity to see once, and then leave.

Dear Gabrilduro , is everything going well ?

A much improved  " final version 1.7 " ( as per your post 22 Dec 18 ) could be truly great !  Is it really on its way ?

PS  13 Oct        No, then ?

Yeah, this mod is dead. 2 years, no update. Either the author of the mod is too busy, or he doesn't have the passion to continue. I'm still waiting for 1.6 or 1.7 but it'll never come. I wouldn't keep my hopes up if I were you.

Thanks a lot for this wonderful mod!!! Most beautiful Indians ever!!! Awesome battles, sieges, battlemaps and shootouts! Great atmosphere overall! And very nice characters from Caine to Django! If I could suggest an easy improvement I would let start companions on lower levels for more opportunities of character developement...

Back
Top Bottom