1812 - Single Player Remake - Vympel's Beta II (Released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Vympel

Grandmaster Knight

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BETA II : http://www.gamefront.com/files/21736923/1812BII.exe

Latest patch not supported at this point although if you pick "commoner" you should be able to play , this is for 1143 MBW .

This mod needs more contributing members who are willing to dedicate their time . PM Vympel if you think you have what it takes . Glory awaits !! .

BETA Version II .

-Pick a starting army if you are not happy with default French one (in the folder "STARTING ARMIES" pick what you want , overwrite)
-Start game say no to "Assemble NPS's" and no to "Bandit Heroes"
-In camp menu go to "PBOD Preferences" >> "Formations Battle AI " >> choose "Formations AI" nothing else . Change any other options you like for diplomacy or whatever else .
-Compare your battlesize (max number of men on the battlefield) with the value in the PBOD menu (it's in the camp menu). They should be equal.
-Start the game through "Unlimited Corpses.ink" if you want unlimited corpses on the battlefield (Buggy , but works ).
-Factions included France , Britain , Prussia .

Modding outsourced to the community (or things I wont bother doing myself  )
Need a texturer to re-texture existing textures to add Prussian Grenadier , Jager , Shutzen uniforms and shakos .
Adjustment and/or total revamp of the map (angrynewbie is working on this)
Implementation of 3 rank formation forced on the AI "Archer" group and/or fixing the existing formations scripts (Some progress has been made here)
Making of realistic siege scenes
Just  these for now , the rest I can do myself shortly . Plenty has been done already but only after the above mentioned points are taken care of can anything be released .

Planned Features :

- realistic formations 3ranks for line infantry . (New archer formation is now 3 tight ranks so when you tell archers to form to their default formation they do this Thx to Caba'drin for his code injection , and motomataru for the help .
- Realistic/challenging battles
- Total troop stat re-balance for realism , cavalry reworked , officer , veteran , flag carriers ,dummers , sapper ranks
- Realistic Musical background and ambiance
- Atmospheric tweaks to smoke , blood and body count (unlimited corpses) (DONE)
- Realistic troop trees with realistic names in original Languages
- Simulation of Napoleonic order of battle and command structure
- Total weapon re-balance and the way AI employs it  (DONE)
- Realistic economy and troop maintenance , challenges of maintaining a Napoleonic period army (DONE)
- Realistic size/feel battle maps (DONE)
- New animations (DONE)
- Mercenaries and bandits accurate to the period
- Realistic morale in battles (DONE) Thx to Idibil.
- Faction dependent item availability

CREDITS :

Bismark ( Base Source)
Poomtang (Textures/Models)
Idibil          (Mentor)
Motomataru (Code)
Caba'drin (Code)
Count of Flanders (Textures)
Keryyn (Textures)

SCREENSHOTS

Had to scrap the original build was too buggy have to start from scratch based on Native Expansion or Florins .

Gas attack  , western front ...

I'll help out when I can, Vympel I just have to scale down what I contribute, I just don't have the same amount of available  time to put into it.

Back
Top Bottom