SP - General 143 things to improve in Bannerlord (Singleplayer + Multiplayer)

Users who are viewing this thread

A yeah, the sexist "historical" nazis coming out underneath their rocks. Dont use the word historical on Mount&Blade, the argument is useless. Its based on our medieval times, but only "based".
My God......
Like I could explain you all of the wrong things that you might believe in, but I want this thread for my points only alright? I stated my view on the thing and the reason for it, so please now stop it

Didn't Harlaus and Isolla both mention that there were Swadian warrior queens before in Warband? This seems to hint that Calradia (or at least Swadia) used to be a lot less sexist. Also, you guys should remember that Sword Sisters are a thing back in Warband, so female warriors aren't exactly new to Calradia.
Well we are talking here about all of the women

This game is a prequel off of M&B Warband which is 210 years later. So I found it weird that in Warband the thought of a women being on the battlefield was unheard of and you would often be critic for being on the battlefield or made fun of by the other Lords or Kings (In fact it was harder to become a vassal because no King wanted to be the first to make a woman a vassal). However in Bannerlord they are everywhere, each faction has like 3-5 and the Southern Empire is ruled by one.

In doing the female play through in Warband I came to think that you being the only woman Lord in the game was empowering to women because there was often times where you could shut the mouth of those arrogant lords by testing your might on the battlefield against them or even beating them in a duel. I agree that I think female lords should be taken out for the integrity of the game but still allowed to be that strong female Lord that doesn't take no crap from anyone that continues to prove that stigma is mistaken and in fact women can lead too.
The queen actually makes sense. Her profile says that her husband died, so of course she took over. I don't think she is a warlord, either, I think she didn't have any weapon stats.

As it is, we need more female nobles, and less warlords. A female warlord should be interesting... not commonplace and boring. You should also distinguish cultures by how likely female warlords are to appear. That might be in place already... where seemingly every Sturgian woman is some kind of warlord (because no other kind of woman matters, apparently...).

Why tf is everyone so up in arms about women being in the game. Does it really ruin your experience? I'm not a feminist but I don't mind a few lords in each faction being women. Taleworlds have stated that the game is historically INSPIRED but it's a LOW FANTASY setting, in multiple devblogs. You don't have to cry that 1-2 lords for each faction are female, it's not like it never happened in real life (not saying it was common). I too like history but seriously calm yourselves down. Also it doesn't make sense that only the player could ever become a female lord. You all sound like incels to me.
+1 that’s the thought process I have towards the idea, and someone saying it’s 210+ years after warband has me thinkin “they can’t progress as a society and let women lead?” Who cares if women lead or not they’re just another ally or enemy. However I think OP is right, we should get off this topic and look at his other points, personally I think we need hella more dialog and companion options and I think we deserve some different looking female characters, and some more attractive ones, I got Ira and like two others and they all looked the exact same just different heights, and they all have a lazy eye thing goin on.

Considering how this opinion of mine was already **** on by others recently, I'm expecting this quite likely here as well:

We need some late medieval gear as well. Current gear is pretty bland and lacking in many departments.

I personally want to see a proper Teutonic Great Helm in the game. I understand they followed the "era" and all, but the fact that they had concept art of the early Crusader helms? Nah I wont buy that excuse lol

Outside of that, game feels epic to play. Sieges finally feel like sieges. I actually have to take cover not to die and all.

I dunno homie, I was just quickly reading the comments, if it’s before warband then it makes no sense seeing as the idea of a female lord was so wild
I think it makes sense. For example, in Scandinavia, while paganism was still the dominant religion women were basically equals to men but when Christianity came, it changed. (Not saying anything against christianity, they got rid of slavery) so that is an example that society doesn't necessarily always move forward.

T
I think it makes sense. For example, in Scandinavia, while paganism was still the dominant religion women were basically equals to men but when Christianity came, it changed. (Not saying anything against christianity, they got rid of slavery) so that is an example that society doesn't necessarily always move forward.
Ah true, man you make some valid arguments. I dunno I don’t really see the problem with female lords anyway, it never even crossed my mind that people think they shouldn’t be on the field until this post.

Considering how this opinion of mine was already **** on by others recently, I'm expecting this quite likely here as well:

We need some late medieval gear as well. Current gear is pretty bland and lacking in many departments.

I personally want to see a proper Teutonic Great Helm in the game. I understand they followed the "era" and all, but the fact that they had concept art of the early Crusader helms? Nah I wont buy that excuse lol

Outside of that, game feels epic to play. Sieges finally feel like sieges. I actually have to take cover not to die and all.
Dude I agree, I think the axe heads all look and feel small with the exception of the executioners axe which is the only badass axe, gimmie a huge war axe that it alone gives off a powerful vibe

T

Ah true, man you make some valid arguments. I dunno I don’t really see the problem with female lords anyway, it never even crossed my mind that people think they shouldn’t be on the field until this post.
I don't get it either, they are just sexist idiots. Most people are fine with women. Or maybe tHeY jUsT wAnT hIsToRiCaL aCcUrAcY. It's a god damn video game. When the games out, I'm sure they can just download a mod to remove women. I value historical accuracy when it comes to arms and armour etc., I don't like dumbass double bitted axes or horned helmets, but these anti women "historical" dudes are fine with that, but not with women.

I dunno homie, I was just quickly reading the comments, if it’s before warband then it makes no sense seeing as the idea of a female lord was so wild
Yeah, it's immersion breaking in every possible direction. The Devs are apparently planning to differentiate a female playthrough, with prejudice, to make it more interesting... but that is just going to seem annoying and out of place, if there are dozens of female warlords taking castles in every direction.

It also makes the concept boring and commonplace, and seems to suggest that female nobles who aren't warlords are of no importance, which is very disappointing.

Sadly, you have been misinformed. No, women weren't equal to men... anyone who tells you that is a laughable historian.
When a chieftain died, all the chieftain's men had forceful relations with one of his slave girls (his slave girl WIFE in fact) after getting her drunk for several days under guard, before strangling her and stabbing her at the same time, then burnt her with his body. When a female noble died, do you think they abused a male slave then executed him?

Women have always had some rights, in all societies, and generally those rights have been poorly misconstrued as "equality" by whatever hack wants to say Egyptians were feminists or whatever.

I don't get it either, they are just sexist idiots. Most people are fine with women. Or maybe tHeY jUsT wAnT hIsToRiCaL aCcUrAcY. It's a god damn video game. When the games out, I'm sure they can just download a mod to remove women.
Maybe you should try learning some actual history, before deciding you hate it? History is pretty interesting, and is very good for widening your perspective. Something many people need these days, as often when faced with an idea they don't believe in, they react biggottedly and insult people and strawman them.

Did they take out the plate armor? Hadn't expected that.

Certainly, it is hard to say. Anyone who is in favor of female warlords everywhere should have no issue with this, when their arguments is "it's fantasy," so they're just lying hypocrites if they turned on you. Heck, if the argument is that it's a fantasy, we should consider adding dragons and orcs (I like those things, so we should have them).

Of course, we need to consider the issues of an authentic setting. Calradia did a decent job of being more like historical-fiction, rather than two-bit fantasy-novel tripe. It's one of the few games that put some effort into making a believable alternate medieval world. If they're making an effort to have the gear be plausible to an era, I'm hesitant to go against that.

Yeah, it's immersion breaking in every possible direction. The Devs are apparently planning to differentiate a female playthrough, with prejudice, to make it more interesting... but that is just going to seem annoying and out of place, if there are dozens of female warlords taking castles in every direction.

It also makes the concept boring and commonplace, and seems to suggest that female nobles who aren't warlords are of no importance, which is very disappointing.

Sadly, you have been misinformed. No, women weren't equal to men... anyone who tells you that is a laughable historian.
When a chieftain died, all the chieftain's men had forceful relations with one of his slave girls (his slave girl WIFE in fact) after getting her drunk for several days under guard, before strangling her and stabbing her at the same time, then burnt her with his body. When a female noble died, do you think they abused a male slave then executed him?

Women have always had some rights, in all societies, and generally those rights have been poorly misconstrued as "equality" by whatever hack wants to say Egyptians were feminists or whatever.

Maybe you should try learning some actual history, before deciding you hate it? History is pretty interesting, and is very good for widening your perspective. Something many people need these days, as often when faced with an idea they don't believe in, they react biggottedly and insult people and strawman them.
Holy mother of god. That's actually worse treatment than I actually thought! That will probably give me nightmares.
But outside of this horrifying sacrifice thing, women in pagan religions were treated way better than those under christianity in the same age. Shieldmaidens are least enough proof. Tho this horrid sacrifice thing is pretty eye opening. Damn.

Did they take out the plate armor? Hadn't expected that.

Certainly, it is hard to say. Anyone who is in favor of female warlords everywhere should have no issue with this, when their arguments is "it's fantasy," so they're just lying hypocrites if they turned on you. Heck, if the argument is that it's a fantasy, we should consider adding dragons and orcs (I like those things, so we should have them).

Of course, we need to consider the issues of an authentic setting. Calradia did a decent job of being more like historical-fiction, rather than two-bit fantasy-novel tripe. It's one of the few games that put some effort into making a believable alternate medieval world. If they're making an effort to have the gear be plausible to an era, I'm hesitant to go against that.
Problem is, the very fact that castles already by themselves are built way too advanced (structure, design etc) that is already out of question. Also, trebuchets werent used in Europe till 1216 AD so...YEAH, I dont buy the bull**** excuse by whoever it is used.

Holy mother of god. That's actually worse treatment than I actually thought! That will probably give me nightmares.
But outside of this horrifying sacrifice thing, women in pagan religions were treated way better than those under christianity in the same age. Shieldmaidens are least enough proof. Tho this horrid sacrifice thing is pretty eye opening. Damn.
Horses and dogs get brought to war... slaves were taken to war as porters and servants. So what makes you think bringing a woman to war is a sign of respect? If it was... is treating less than 1% of the female population with respect considered good feminism (based off twitter, seemingly yes)? From the same account,
they were having sex with their slave girls in the street, and passing them from man to man, strangers walking up to join in.
I'm not sure what kind of depraved things you're assuming Christians did to women, to compare... do you think that the third most common death for a Christian woman was being burned as a witch, or something?

Also, does the game use an actual 13th century trebuchet? I only knew about the little catapults you tend to see in cartoons (not sure what design it is based off of). Hadn't looked too closely at the castles, but it is likely they got many details wrong as most developers do.

Horses and dogs get brought to war... slaves were taken to war as porters and servants. So what makes you think bringing a woman to war is a sign of respect? If it was... is treating less than 1% of the female population with respect considered good feminism (based off twitter, seemingly yes)? From the same account,
they were having sex with their slave girls in the street, and passing them from man to man, strangers walking up to join in.
I'm not sure what kind of depraved things you're assuming Christians did to women, to compare... do you think that the third most common death for a Christian woman was being burned as a witch, or something?

Also, does the game use an actual 13th century trebuchet? I only knew about the little catapults you tend to see in cartoons (not sure what design it is based off of). Hadn't looked too closely at the castles, but it is likely they got many details wrong as most developers do.
Trebuchet is one of the usable siege engines. Varies by how long you spend building as well as what you build.
As for castles, to put it simply, the details are simple to research. The castles should have a far more rougher construction and far less "optimizations" in its construction. Honestly, it's really hard to explain the whole gist without going into paragraphs and all

My main thoughts are you’re talking about our history, not theirs. Wouldn’t it be best to judge it off the history in the game? And I think my mans had the right idea with the “progression isn’t always forward” idea. Because it’s loosely based off history doesn’t mean it has to follow history ya know?

also I think taleworlds is afraid of SJW backlash if they didn’t add female lords, because in our day and age that would happen 100p

And everyone knows that they ditched the warband style treatment of females just so they don't get flak from journalists who will never even play the game. [edited by moderator]
I think they dropped it just for the EA phase of the game, to lower weight on equality balancing in the game. I wouldnt be surprised if this aspect was harder to implement

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom