SP - General 143 things to improve in Bannerlord (Singleplayer + Multiplayer)

Users who are viewing this thread

That said, you might want to add something on topic, since we're making an effort to ignore them and get back on topic :smile:

Anyway, we got way off track, hopefully that settles the earlier stupidity that took over @FrozenArthas thread. Thanks for working out all this feedback, by the way.

One idea of interest is "117. After a won tournament make some perhaps random encounters where some noblewoman likes my combat ability and starts to flirt with me "

Because it reminded me... In Warband, after you won the tournament, weren't you automatically invited to a feast that would take place at the end of it? Because I tried going to the keep after winning a tournament, and they turned me away. So yet another thing dropped from Warband, which we can hope is added back in.

But yeah... we seriously need tournaments to be a bigger deal. People we fought in them should comment about our fight. Romance-able women should get a relations buff, and other characters in general should compliment us on our fight, and maybe get a relations buff.

Yeah I tried for like my first five tournaments to get into the keep, now they just feel like a massive cash grab, 1.5-2k plus whatever dog**** item they wanna give you, I think the best item payout (out side of camels and horses) is a helmet with the value of 5.8k? And the stats aren’t even that great I think it’s 40 odd armour. The 3.0 renown is nice though.. some tournaments aren’t worth it, especially if you end up fighting paytr and thoras, those guys are way to ****in Tanky

I definitely agree that tournaments are missing some important aspects. At first, I was getting whooped by Cataphracts, etc, but after a while they aren't even hard to win.
- Scaling of difficulty based on rewards would be cool
- Flirting with the noblewomen after winning was always an essential part of Warband, needs to be in this game too
- needs some better balancing around bringing in your own armor, etc. I do like the concept, but now it is kind of awkward that the hardest opponents are my companions whom I've kitted out. (Not to mention that once you have good armor, you either steamroll or just shield bash you way to victory)

I definitely agree that tournaments are missing some important aspects. At first, I was getting whooped by Cataphracts, etc, but after a while they aren't even hard to win.
- Scaling of difficulty based on rewards would be cool
- Flirting with the noblewomen after winning was always an essential part of Warband, needs to be in this game too
- needs some better balancing around bringing in your own armor, etc. I do like the concept, but now it is kind of awkward that the hardest opponents are my companions whom I've kitted out. (Not to mention that once you have good armor, you either steamroll or just shield bash you way to victory)
Big true

as someone who values immersion above most other things, I think you’ve absolutely hit the nail on the head with so many of these suggestions. This game is sorely lacking in that word you kept using. FLAVOUR. Flavour and attention to detail and expansive player choices and occurrences all lend themselves to making everybody's game experience unique to them. Right now it seems like almost everybody playing is having the exact same experience (more or less).

dont agree about female lords as women play this game too, and as I don’t play female characters, I can’t see them wanting to play men or be the only women in a world of men.

since this game isn’t much different from Warband at its core, I felt like there would be so many new little interactions and details and things to do as they could focus more on stuff like that since the blueprint of Warband already existed. In that, I’m so far disappointed but I haven’t lost hope. Like you said, even 1/3 of your suggestions would make this game utterly outstanding. Even more? I couldn’t control myself.

Also, you guys that are complaining about women and the SJWs and saying to get back on track... you’re still talking about Women and the SJWs and not getting back on track. The modders will handle women for the game, let’s focus on having TW implement as many of these awesome suggested features as possible so the modders have one less thing to worry about!

It was gotten back on track, until someone came along and attempted to start it up again by telling us what women want from the game.

Jesus dude it was one line in a comment I made wherein I praised ALL of his other ideas. it was just my passing thoughts, and was very clearly not the main point of my reply. You’re now dragging attention back to it AGAIN simply to be antagonistic.

Funny, I don't normally double-post when I'm just passing through, or dig up an argument that ended hours ago, ignoring the subject that replaced it.

Why did you draw attention to it, and not to our discussion about tournaments needing to be more important? Were you trying to drag attention back to it so as to be antagonistic? If not, then please stop posting about it, as you have been doing. I got the conversation to end, until you showed up.

I kinda want a “stay ranged” option for my archers, I just pulled off a bottle neck strategy against an army double my size, the only downside was my archers went melee and didn’t sit back shooting arrows

Is that a BL oddity? In M&B, I had no trouble positioning my archers up on a hill and raining arrows on the enemy as they approached.

Is that a BL oddity? In M&B, I had no trouble positioning my archers up on a hill and raining arrows on the enemy as they approached.
It was a super small and tight bottleneck i couldn’t back up the archers any further and the enemy got in their melee range so they just automatically swapped

I said it was my passing thoughts. As in as I was commenting, and then that popped into my head. Once again, you’ll notice that it was not the crux of my comment, which was actually to praise these suggestions as something I too would love in the game. I didn’t direct the conversation back towards women and demand a debate, I simply added my 2 cents as an afterthought and moved on.

It wasn’t antagonistic of me to make the comment, as my aim was not to irritate anyone nor was it even intended to have a response from somebody. You could have left well enough alone and nothing would’ve changed but now here we are. What you are doing now is antagonistic, and honestly you’re doing it for no reason since we have the same goal, which is to see these great suggestions added to the game.

Another thing. This isn’t a group chat. I don’t have to talk about what anyone else is talking about, it only has to be relevant to the OPs post, which it was. But in the interest of doing so to get on track again, I think Renown should stack with consecutive tournament victories (or increase a certain amount each time), at the very least within the same faction since surely people would be remembering your name more frequently if you kept dominating every tournament they watched, definitely think tournaments need notable champions (maybe have the audience chant their name as I saw someone suggest), can’t see a reason not to have a joust or archery too, feasts should return and winning should give you a good bonus to existing courtships (or help with new ones) like it used too, maybe some more post-tournament options in the city, they should be less frequent and yield better rewards as has been said many times, I think there should be a pool of equipment to choose from before you start (which all competitors also choose from) so that they are balanced and fair but still allow you to suit your own strengths and you still have the advantage of having better stats. not exactly sold on this one but maybe characters should show some signs of fatigue as the tournament progresses (one more reason to level up your endurance and make it harder to win tournaments in the early game), would like to see more nobility taking part or having a separate tournament with higher renown demands for it (which would be easier if feasts were in the game since that’s how you get the lords in one place). I think that’s everything.

It was a super small and tight bottleneck i couldn’t back up the archers any further and the enemy got in their melee range so they just automatically swapped
Hmm, I guess that's fair from an engine standpoint. It'd be fairly hard to keep shooting when their are enemies right in your face.

So, Bannerlord if finally here for the public. I´ve played Bannelord now after it released for 25+ hours which is not much, but I got a perspective on what the SP is like and what the MP gamemodes are too. I am making this list just in hope that Taleworlds maybe sees this and could get a rough idea on what the community wants.
I´ll start with the singleplayer, I will state mostly additions but also some bugs and glitches that I found after 500+ days of SP.

PS: I am certain that some of these things are in way for future patches, or even are finished but just waiting for implementation. And also, I enjoy the SP and the whole game so so much, but I felt like I had to point out some things that I felt need improvement.

Singleplayer:
Lets start with the UI and the things that come with it
1. Character screen does not show character age (I am pretty sure characters age)
2. The skills are somewhat hard to understand, mostly with the gaining of levels in it (perhaps there are just too less options on how to level them), and also the skills do not affect that many things that they should
3. There are too many attribute points. I never had a problem that I couldn´t level a certain skill as I did not have attribute points.
4. In the inventory tab you can equip a horse as your passive gear, but can´t ride it when in a city/castle which is annoying as sometimes you just want to travel the city and talk to NPCs manually, and manage your businesses manually.
5. The armour has very weird balance, the starting armour that I got (a simple tunic) had better stats than some gambesons or even better armours, in addition some plate helmets have less protection then some more open ones
6. Full helm has an about 31 head armour, but the visored helm (which is very similar) has 46 head armour which is very weird
7. I was able to breed my camel when there was only one in my inventory
8. And also the game lacks a lot of variable weapons and armour. I expected much more to choose from
9. In the party menu I have to really read all of the icons just to understand what do they stay for
10. Troops such as recruits take very long to level up, but troops such as knights take a similar time as recruits to level up which is very fast
11. Not enough options when talking to a companion (I don´t even know if the clan positions do something)
12. Transfer/move all buttons are too small, especially when recruiting everyone in a settlement
13. The quests tab sometimes lacks some info
14. Some quests such as bringing 10 crossbows to a gang leader are unreal as the crossbows cost 20k one piece (I don´t know why it is so much) and the leader will pay me 5k
15. The encyclopedia should be called notes rather
16. Encyclopedia doesn´t include fiefs under characters
17. Someone has a occupation "Noble" even when he is a ruler
18. I don´t know what the traits (cautios, merciful, generous) are even for
19. The characters should be outlined by the colour of the faction that they are in for better visuals
20. Also I should be able to see easily if someone is just a mercenary or a king
21. I don´t even know where did I get my enemies
22. The caravans are hard to understand and I can´t really operate or realize what they are doing (Can´t see where are they)
23. Can´t track fiefs from the kingdom tab
24. It is hard to understand someones position from the character icons in the kingdoms tab
25. There should be more complicated banner and more colourful ones, but still maintaining the look of their faction
26. The policies don´t affect that many things
27. I can´t understand the impact if the council doesn´t aprove
28. The influence options should be less present
29. More ways to gain influence
30. More influence from battles
31. Easier and more simple ways to gain a fief when unlanded other than taking one or revoking it somehow
32. The army tab could have more info
33. Cannot understand what the cohesion of an army means
34. Everyone has a similar head gear so it is hard to even know if the one is a lord/king/mercenary
35. More diplomatic options
36. Some sort of a peace conference where land could be annexed or returned + money reparations
37. More info about what happens when leaving a kingdom
38. Reason for war
39. LESS WARS
40. The ability to set factions aggressiveness at the start of the game
41. Better explanation of the consumable units and morale
42. Sometimes even when I have more than 10k coins I lose morale for "not paying" my troops
43. More things to affect influence
44. Some flavourable events (Some random parties, disputes, etc etc)
45. Easier to understand icons of parties in a fief
46. Be able to bring far more troops to a hideout
47. Have destroying hideouts have a reason (not destroying them just grants you free easy to kill parties)
48. If I get wounded in a hideout (I could only bring so much troops) I shouldn´t get imprisoned instantly
49. The ability to regain soldiers after getting from captivity
50. Captivity far more impactful (I got captured about 15x now and I don´t even care, I don´t even raise big armies just to save up money as getting imprisoned doesn´t really affect me)
51. MAKE BATTANIA HAVE FAR LESS SETTLEMENTS AND FAR LESS OVERPOWERED
52. Prevent factions from declaring war on very distant factions
53. More understandable recruiting from villages/cities
54. Add village elders
55. Be able to recruit directly from a fief (not from characters)
56. Tournaments very simple and easy (Just free gear most of the time)
57. After a tournament more options to do in the town (a little feast, access to the keep)
58. REMOVE FEMALE LORDS AS WAR PARTIES
59. Add a lot more noblewomen to marry
60. Nerf forest bandits
61. Sometimes send troops option results very weirdly (3 sea raiders killed 30 recruits)
62. Add feasts back, and have more options in them
63. More flavour in managing your part
64. MORE TROOPS (just so they are not different just in weaponry but also in a lot of other things
65. Have even the same troops have different equipment just to have some variety in a battle
66. More colours for troops
67. Make the Aserai more peaceful, and make other factions not so eager to attack them as the desserts are not that good for other factions (Also this should be for Sturgia)
68. Make the merging of the Empire more complicated (The Empire in my game got together in the first 200-300 days)
69. Make more options for marrying (Not just lords)
70. The ability to buy land in villages
71. More options than just having an army and fighting
72. Rework the businesses completely (So the businesses cap does not need to be and so the money revenue cap does not need to be too
73. ADD THE ABILITY TO BUILD MY OWN FIEF TO MY LIKING AND UPGRADE IT (in this time it was pretty usual)
74. Make the reinforce range visible on-map
75. Add a few more villages perhaps
76. More flavour in towns, villages and castles (even random events, tavern fights)
77. More flavour in managing fiefs (random events and quests that would affect the prosperity or other things of the fief and should be dealt with)
78. Add faction population to limit recruitment
79. Add war exhaustion (to limit the length of wars)
80. Add more relevant serfdom (to be able to send armies under a companion as a duty to your liege in a war)
81. Make simple looters and other weak troops a lot easier to kill (one hit should be enough)
82. But make better troops a lot harder to kill but a lot more expensive to buy (so knights don´t die to looters)
83. Fix SP siege stuttering (Sometimes I just jump from 60 fps to 15 fps in a siege)
84. Rework the prices of equipment (some are too low and some are just too high)
85. Add the ability to even build businesses on land (for example to build a vineyard somewhere in the Empire)
86. Make arrows deal a little more damage to shields
87. If a javelin hits a shield you should move a lot slower or be able to snap it (to balance it javelins could deal less damage)
88. Add more variable food
89. Add back the ability for food to affect morale
90. Add far more field battle maps (they are getting repetitive very fast)
91. Add more plain maps especially when being in a big battle
92. Let armies prefer fighting on plains
93. Make internal wars in factions, and make them quite frequent so when there are for example 2 factions left I can still fight in frequent wars or gain land by war
94. Make all of the gang skirmishes and wars make some sort of an impact, as now nobody really reacts to massive killings on the street, and it does not really add much to the player (it is just still the same thing over and over)
95. Make rebellions a thing, but make sure they are not that frequent but also that they actually occur
96. Make the map movement speed more dynamic and more easy to understand
97. Also make the map movement speed number be bigger (it is hard to see when I am running from someone and want to see if I can outrun him)
98. Add the ability to see expected outcome of a battle without engaging the party (when hovering over it it could show when pressing alt)
99. Add some sort of map types so I could see which clans control which land or some other maps as prosperity/security/food etc.
100. It is hard to find what faction is at war with which if I am not a part of them
101. In siege battles the ladders are completely useless and actually just completely destroys the attackers as there will be like 10 defenders on one ladder just destroying everyone that tries to climb it (lost a siege battle because of it with having 5 times more troops)
102. Add more options for players which are ok with one fief and just want to chill in it and prosper
103. Add bannermen (perhaps being able to assign a companion as a bannerman)
104. In custom battles flags cannot be picked back up
105. The quest where I should find a new lord that is able to pay for some mercenaries is too easy for the payout that it gives
106. Perhaps add a few mercenary camps for easier recruitment
107. Make some mercenaries that join your party for a certain amount of time and require a single payment
108. Add the ability to pick-up javelins from shields but they would have less damage after that
109. Add the possibility to throw my spear even if it is not a throwing weapon (maybe even a sword but that would be bs in MP)
110. In the Aserai territory there could be some big secret band of organized mercenaries that the faction would have to deal with
111. Perhaps add some farmlands on map that I could purchase and manage
112. Add back the ability of right-clicking on a fief and being able to open notes (encyclopedia) to see a detailed view of the fief
113. Add the ability to send out one of my companions to look and get back my other companion that left after myself getting imprisoned
114. Add the ability for your troops to crouch
115. Make all shields be able to cover the top of my head (for proper shield walls)
116. Add back the ability to set up camp and to look in it (maybe the start of building my own settlement)
117. After a won tournament make some perhaps random encounters where some noblewoman likes my combat ability and starts to flirt with me
118. Add an actual reason for more bandits to spawn or for some hideouts to appear (maybe a pop-up)
119. Make thrusts not poke so much
120. Make spears actually usable on foot in one on one combat (just pokes and pokes everywhere)
121. Add a lot of special parties to just live up the map and for me to not feel so big and important
122. Make seasons affect the game a lot more (when it is winter: more attrition, far less food production, a lot slower army movement, lords don´t want to attack in winter)
123. For the Sturgians make some "event" spawned parties that would come to raid nearby factions and perhaps leave or join Sturgia
124. For the Vlandians add some parties from the distant islands that come as mercenaries to help Vlandia
125. For the Emperor of all of the Empire add some sort of a very special troop exclusively for the Emperor
126. Make routing and breaking A LOT more frequent and rather make the enemies try to fight back a bit when being chased (just to limit the huge amounts of casualties in battle)
1. Make sieges actually sieges and not just breaking the gate and then killing everyone in the courtyard for 20 minutes
2. Add far more troops for every faction (or just make the ability to change their gear)
3. Players do not want a strict balance in the game, we want to have fun as we did Warband
4. That means adding a lot more freedom in game modes and not setting it as some counter-strike game where
5. Just remove the levels they are completely useless and I am not sure if anyone really wants them
6. Remove the death/kill count as that will just add to many native sweats that hunt for a good k/d (And so people will not be scared just to log on and have some fun rather than tryharding)
7. For my experience in MP there aren´t even chances of getting certain factions (I don´t know if this is true, but I always got the Khuzaits or the Empire)
8. Add weird, stupid taunts as in Warband
9. In captain mode add A LOT of bots or rather add more slots for players and add A LOT bigger maps (really like 6v6 is so small for Bannelord)
10. Add more polearms
11. Make skirmish and actual skirmish and not just some team deathmatch/capture the flag which is for me boring (Just add a lot more players and make it battle mode)
12. In sieges add a lot more destructibles as we saw in some siege battles or even more (it is not so complicated compared to what it gives to the players)
13. Add a lot bigger and more complex castles in siege and also add towns to siege
14. Make the ballistas actually usable as everyone will just get shot by an archer before even shooting and if he shoots he won´t just hit no-one
15. MAKE ARCHERS BREAK OR ROUT IN CAPTAIN MODE WHEN BEING FLANKED BY CAVALRY (once some Aserai veterans destroyed my cavalry unit of cataphracts even when I charged them several times)
16. On horseback add more damage for the speed bonus
17. Allow siege to have at the very least 100v100 so there is an actually battle happening
i actually disagree with a fair amount of these

I have edited the one stupid rule that flooded this thread with so much BS so please now do not speak of it again, as me you are not changing the game. And if the devs ever bother to look this list they surely won´t bother browsing through the upmost stupid and boring comments that this thread has.
I stated a lot of things about it, that should´ve let you understand this point better, but nevermind, just please do not flood this thread about the point anymore

Yeah, sorry you went through such a stupid, harrowing experience.

Some of the suggestions in your list are bug reports, and should probably be posted in the bug-reports section.

Mixing up troop equipment seems important, that was a cool aspect of M&B.

Back
Top Bottom