#1 Feature that would substantially improve Bannerlord for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry, coming in late into this 6 page thread.
But my game changer would be STABILITY. I mean Vanilla is so finicky to the point it crashes so often it is becoming unplayable when I add any mods.

Not an upcoming feature afaik nor it was in Warband but I’d really like to have campaign map continuity whenever I am in a battle/scene instead of a time freeze. It’d prevent lots of mechanics feel like cheesing and bring the ability to AI to reinforce battles player is engaged to, like player already can.

I think I want more complex personalities and relationships. NPCs with grudges, greed, ambition, loyalty, honor, rivalries, who can remember some of their more significant interactions with other NPCs and the player would open so many opportunities for emergent roleplaying, and keep things fresh between playthroughs.
Yeah. The NPCs have no character depth at all, so we don't much care any of them, no reason to hate or love anyone. They are all the same. And their comments and chat choises have so little variation: like in Warband, the reply they give depends on their character traits. If the character trait is this, then the reply will always be this. Relationship I think should also be reflected in their comments. Former interaction (past battles, family relationships, love affairs, common children) should change their comments.
In Warband if you took the castle someone owned, they remembered it and threatened that they would take it back. Things like that add a bit character to NPCs so that they aren't all paper thin.

Also, why do all NPC vassals have so high loyalty to their kings? There is no rebellions, no-one tries to rise the new leader of their kingdom (they could plot with the player of another NPC king), no civil wars. No matter how bad things go, they lose all their towns and castles, they still stick with their kings.

Battles are sometimes fun (although I find battle fields often uninteresting, and the rushing suicidal enemies no fun) but otherwise the game is boring.

Last edited:
You all forgotten about the game log. lol it's like super important part of the game that WB had, there is no game log in bannerlord which makes me ask why?? It should have been at the very beginning of the release. Theres only this little window on the left side of the screen I cannot keep track of it all. I wanna know who died of old age, who born a baby to a clan. Who attacked who, who besieged what and who. I wanna keep track of whats happening in my game. Just can't do it with that little box, it goes too fast and I'm a console player I can't press enter like on pc to scroll up and down to read it. It only allows during the battle when encyclopedia cannot be open.

Logic.

-Like, you have a governor with 200 militia and 300 garrison troops, but you have to come from the other side of the map to destroy a hideout because they can't handle it?
-You've destroyed a faction 10 times, you have 20 towns and 30 castles, they have 1 castle. But they decide to declare war on you thinking they can beat you?
-No alliances
-In my current playthrough (1st I've won), near the end, there are 2 fiefs owned by enemies, and 1 that was owned by a rebel faction that I am not at war with. I have the compassionate trait. Yet I have no way of asking their leader or the town to join us unless I decide to ransack one of their villages (which will destroy my compassionate trait). I can't even directly declare war on them. I have to attack helpless villagers.
-No long-term peace ability. Overriding your own faction lords to declare peace with an enemy kingdom should mean the peace strongly favors the enemy kingdom and therefore, they wouldn't want to break the peace. Instead within 30 days or less you are usually at war with them. If I had to guess, in my current game, once I became ruler, I probably declared war once or twice shortly after becoming ruler, basically because my fellow lords wanted a war. After that, there was probably about 100 or so (could be a lot more) wars my kingdom fought, always with the enemy kingdom being the one that declared it.
-Factions never disappearing unless you are a homicidal maniac and decide to execute every one of their lords. This is actually the biggest problem. The most logical way to win a grand conquest game is to systematically eliminate each country/empire until there are none left. But you can't do that in this game. I really enjoy the 1st half of the game. I like the style of play (although it could include more immersive things). But once you have taken over about 1/2 the map it becomes a long term grind. While you are taking territories on on side of the map, 5 enemies are taking back territories on the other side of the map.
--Oh. I mentioned this was the first I've won this game. But when I did, there was absolutely no in-game acknowledgement that I controlled the whole map. I did get a Steam achievement, but there was no proclamation in-game on 'congratulations, you are now the supreme ruler of Caladria' or 'congratulations on uniting the whole continent' or maybe a scene where one of your envoys comes up to you on your throne, bows before you, and states with some awe in his tone that you 'now control all villages, towns, and castles in Caladria (although there are still rebel forces disputing this, of course)'.

Lots of good suggestions on this thread, btw. Taleworlds should make it mandatory for their developers to read this threads. If any of them have actually played the game through from start to finish (something I frequently wonder about) they would probably agree with most of these suggestions. And while some might be a bit difficult to implement, I believe most wouldn't provide any major difficulties.

Last edited:
Renewable companions, like lords and ladies. Because now number of companions is limited, as I understand, and they getting older and older. My Amalulf I The Great united Calradia under vlandian rule, his son Rafard The Trader used ultimate trading skills to buy all major towns. Now I plan an ultimate destruction of all hostile parties remaining (mercs, lords), for Rafard's successor Ined The Bloody is sadistic, cruel and dishonorable in every way.
The problem is, I can not find sutable companions because they all rather old or dead by now. Also I would like more interesting backgrounds for companions.
P.S. It seems en eternity passed since I've been here last time, discussing Mount&Blade and Warband.

Renewable companions, like lords and ladies. Because now number of companions is limited, as I understand, and they getting older and older. My Amalulf I The Great united Calradia under vlandian rule, his son Rafard The Trader used ultimate trading skills to buy all major towns. Now I plan an ultimate destruction of all hostile parties remaining (mercs, lords), for Rafard's successor Ined The Bloody is sadistic, cruel and dishonorable in every way.
The problem is, I can not find sutable companions because they all rather old or dead by now. Also I would like more interesting backgrounds for companions.
P.S. It seems en eternity passed since I've been here last time, discussing Mount&Blade and Warband.
Hire them and fire them, they'll be replaced a few weeks later.

I hired and fired about ten or more companions, yet I can see no new companions at all
How long did you wait? Beta or standard release?

This tactic works well for me, but haven't tried it in the beta. I basically hire and fire as part of my gameplay loop - I leave one open companion slot for firing every companion I come across that I don't want, and eventually over time the companion pool fills with good options. Sometimes you even get lucky and get a newly generated one before attributes, focus points, perks are allocated.

Hello all,

I've recently gotten into Bannerlord again with the release of the game, and I'm looking into the still missing and yet to be implemented features. But I also wanted to ask the opinion of some of you who have admittedly much more experience with the game than I do. Excluding mods, I was wondering what's a feature that is upcoming on the roadmap or missing from Warband that would dramatically improve Bannerlord as a vanilla Sandbox or uh Campaign experience?
Well a feature that would improve the game would be
pologarmy and custom troop trees

Time flies a little too fast. factions declare war too quickly. I think peace should be more important for regenerating the kingdom after battles. There should be feasts, maybe some extra tournaments, events in the kingdom. Maybe add some mysticism and paganism, i.e. faith in God that adds some bonuses. Something that supposedly is the intention of a "higher power" or pure coincidence and a miracle. Maybe some orders that would be allowed to have castles to create a buffer between the enemy kingdom, for example the wlandia, and then it declares war on the order and not us. Of course, such a law can stab us in the back :wink:

It seems companions are replaced now, but for even older companions. It seems they die straight after I hire them )
i dont get replacements
i have to manualy force the game to create them
for example their are 2 quest
the one where someones. daughter got "kidnaped"
and the one where someone murdered someone and the other family will not take the bloud money

Back
Top Bottom