#1 Feature that would substantially improve Bannerlord for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Because it was one (1) paragraph answering the question you asked me: "So what's your reason for being so pissed off every time someone merely suggests WB feasts in peacetime?" Those were my reasons.
Man if you would read we would be able to avoid going in circles. If I said "what issue do you have with WB feasts in PEACEtime?" Then there is no sensible reason whatsoever, based on that, for giving a rant about feasts in WARtime.
Because developer bandwidth is limited. If time is taken on feature X then it is not available for feature Y. If TW is led to believe that immersion is the primary problem of the game (it is not: being grindy and boring is) then they'll come up with solutions that are focused on adding immersion at expense of meaningful gameplay.
If we're talking within realistically limited developer bandwidth then any remotely complex feature Y that would require changes to many already precariously balanced game systems is not going to happen anyway and you know it. Whereas feature X can be added without ****ing anything up. Peacetime feasts won't need to change any other system except the peacetime AI to tell the lords to "gather" at X fief during peacetime.

There's no point in being salty at feas(t)ible features being added just because other features aren't feasible.

Last edited:
Most features I would want are already added by mods, so I just want them to finally finish the scenes for the game. Sure, making those scenes is a lot of work, but it has been how many years?
I have made scenes myself for a mod, I know it is not that much work. There is simply no excuse for all of those copy-paste villages, castles and cities that we still have.

A major addition I would feel that would really shake up the game would be some new cultures. There is space on the map for them! Maybe a Persian-themed culture in the southeast of the map (in the Mesopotamia-like area)? That would fit the early medieval theme of the game, especially with the focus on the Byzantine Roman-inspired Empire. The Roman and Persian empires were longstanding rivals, so a Persian-inspired faction would fit in really great. There is even a reference to them (the Darsi) already in the encyclopedia entry for Danustica!

Also, it would be nice to see the Nords again.

If i were designing this sequel, I would have made Feasts + Tournaments a major event. Like all kinds of politicking going on depending on whose there. No more just standing sound but Ladys and lords moving around dynamically discussing plans, titles, lands, wars and even treachery. Id impose a Proclamation from the King in which those present and even non present would gain or suffer. Lands stripped from a bad or deceitful Lord and given to others. Even executions announced if treasonous actions or plots were caught. All of that would be wrapped around the Tournaments in which equally dynamic motivations, revenge challenges between lords and all sorts of things dressed around it would be played out. The Goal being, Youd' leave a Feast/Tourney with a strong sense of "Something big just happened there.."

For this too work, Lord NPC's would be better off with set personalities as randomized just frankly sucks and is totally non-interesting. A deeper Database of Lords traits, intentions, likes &dislikes and ambition would be essential.

Most features I would want are already added by mods, so I just want them to finally finish the scenes for the game. Sure, making those scenes is a lot of work, but it has been how many years?
I have made scenes myself for a mod, I know it is not that much work. There is simply no excuse for all of those copy-paste villages, castles and cities that we still have.
Well, to be fair I will excuse copy paste villages since I never visit the scenes so they don't need to be unique. For every village to be unique there would have to be 160+ scenes made. I'd prefer the work to be put into field battle scenes.

I agree on castles though. As for cities, there's only 2 that haven't been added yet.
A major addition I would feel that would really shake up the game would be some new cultures. There is space on the map for them! Maybe a Persian-themed culture in the southeast of the map (in the Mesopotamia-like area)? That would fit the early medieval theme of the game, especially with the focus on the Byzantine Roman-inspired Empire. The Roman and Persian empires were longstanding rivals, so a Persian-inspired faction would fit in really great. There is even a reference to them (the Darsi) already in the encyclopedia entry for Danustica!

Also, it would be nice to see the Nords again.
Agreed. Probably will come in the form of DLC, as we already saw Taleworlds working on a DLC elephant which is likely for a Persian faction. And a Nord faction would be great.

Man if you would read we would be able to avoid going in circles. If I said "what issue do you have with WB feasts in PEACEtime?" Then there is no sensible reason whatsoever, based on that, for giving a rant about feasts in WARtime.
My first sentence was "Because I think it is a **** feature that will add almost nothing to the gameplay if implemented." Nothing about wartime in there. The rest was *****ing about WB, yes.
If we're talking within realistically limited developer bandwidth then any remotely complex feature Y that would require changes to many already precariously balanced game systems is not going to happen anyway and you know it. Whereas feature X can be added without ****ing anything up. Peacetime feasts won't need to change any other system except the peacetime AI to tell the lords to "gather" at X fief during peacetime.

There's no point in being salty at feas(t)ible features being added just because other features aren't feasible.
Yes, which goes right back to it being a **** feature that won't add anything to the game.

Furthermore, you described feasts as a starting point:
But what was being discussed was "events" and if you're looking for a medieval event to add to gameplay then feasts are a very obvious starting point, as a good framework for adding other RP mechanics onto, like having conversations with other lords and ladies at a feast to build reputation with them and discuss ways to reduce the influence of mutual enemies (which was a thing in WB by the way).
For anyone to care that they can build reputation or reduce the influence of mutual enemies, there have to be pretty drastic rebalances and expansions of existing mechanics anyway. So we're both asking for moon-shots, it is just yours won't make the late/end-game any more playable than it is now.

Last edited:
Yes, which goes right back to it being a **** feature that won't add anything to the game.
Yeah but I've already refuted "won't add anything to the game" multiple times now and you're just broken-clocking.
Furthermore, you described feasts as a starting point:

For anyone to care that they can build reputation or reduce the influence of mutual enemies, there have to be pretty drastic rebalances and expansions of existing mechanics anyway. So we're both asking for moon-shots, it is just yours won't make the late/end-game any more playable than it is now.
My argument is that if the sky is the limit then feasts are a great starting point, and if the sky isn't the limit and we're being realistic, then as a previous series feature which wouldn't be much work and has meme appeal and multiple benefits, it has a much more realistic chance of being added.

Nah, all the good Warband features, not just one. And some good un-implemented devblog/demo features too. Like minor faction bases.

Anything which Taleworlds actually created an expectation for (by advertising or by making a sequel) and thus there is reasonable justification to request.

Yeah but I've already refuted "won't add anything to the game" multiple times now and you're just broken-clocking.
You haven't refuted a thing. You, in fact, conceded it wouldn't add anything to actual gameplay. (Unless a player really enjoys food fetch quests, I guess?)

That's what blows my mind about this: the game would still be ****ing boring. Are you imagining we're going to go around from feast to feast and this will be interesting? This thread is "1 feature that would substantially improve bannerlord for you" and you're seriously arguing feasts are that feature.

Last edited:
You haven't refuted a thing. You, in fact, conceded it wouldn't add anything to actual gameplay.
Your statement was not "gameplay" (which you already defined as challenges) but "the game". Those are two different things. A better menu doesn't add to the challenge of the game, but it does add to the game through better quality of life, for example.

Feasts don't add to the challenge aspect of gameplay, but they do add to quality of life, roleplaying, variety, and immersion. So your statement "they add nothing to the game" has been refuted.

Do you really honestly think people want them back for no reason whatsoever?
That's what blows my mind about this: the game would still be ****ing boring. Are you imagining we're going to go around from feast to feast and this will be interesting?
I'm imagining that it will be less frustrating to find lords and ladies and allow us to talk to them all in one place more often.
It will add a roleplaying option for INT/CHA focused characters who gain prestige by spending money on lavish events (in the style of some ancient Romans such as Marcus Gabius Apicus).
It will add variety to the constant lategame loop of menus, sieges, field battles, menus, sieges, field battles, menus, field battles, sieges by throwing in at least one other optional activity worth doing where you can go and say hi to the nobles and get a little relation boost and have a gameplay reason to look at the beautiful keep scenes Taleworlds has made and hear and see the musicians play and the dancers dance and the lords and ladies talk. These things were meant to be seen and heard, rather than take up space in game files for no reason.
This thread is "1 feature that would substantially improve bannerlord for you" and you're seriously arguing feasts are that feature.
And you're seriously ignoring what OP said:
"what's a feature that is upcoming on the roadmap or missing from Warband?"
Seeing as the roadmap stuff is guaranteed anyway, there's no point discussing their merits, so that just leaves Warband stuff, and as I said in my post at the top of this thread:
That's a tough question, because there are a handful of the most important missing Warband features that are all pretty equal in impact.

* Lords coming to visit you at your court to recruit - took a lot of boring legwork out of the game.

* Feasts - made the game world more immersive, made it easier to find people, added roleplaying options and something to do in peacetime.

* Bandit traps/Assassination attempts/bar fights: added variety to the gameplay loop with their randomness and made you actually go into town/tavern scenes.

* Noble duels: just plain fun and cool and really thematically appropriate.

Hard to choose between any one of these 4.
This thread is about what roadmap/WB feature would improve the game most, and my answer is out of missing WB features, feasts are just as good as the other options.

So my question to you: why are you allergic to reading my posts before replying? Are you just intentionally misunderstanding me on purpose over and over solely to keep this argument going?

I would not add feasts as such but generally a couple of activities with your peers where you can socialize - these could be feasts+ and hunting and whatever other fun activity a thoughtful game designer can come up with. It's important for the roleplaying and immersion to have a feeling you are member of such a group of peers as kingdom lords and they are individuals with personalities that matter, not factory made bots with superficial differences.
All the counter-moaning from the few conservative players here who simply dislike complaints or are professional contrarians, and can rationalize anything that's wrong with the game is very nonconstructive and annoying - they don't add any value to debates about problems with the game.
There are problems and game design solutions to these problems and Taleworlds is simply not interested in them for some reason, despite the low cost of development. That's not a good attitude and it's a legitimate reason to complain. Player activism can bring a positive pressure for change.

Your statement was not "gameplay" (which you already defined as challenges) but "the game". Those are two different things. A better menu doesn't add to the challenge of the game, but it does add to the game through better quality of life, for example.
Great gameplay, A+, definitely won't get bored of this after the second time.
Because I think it is a **** feature that will add almost nothing to the gameplay if implemented.
It was perfectly clear what I meant, especially when I quoted the second post verbatim. Any confusion is yours alone -- or just arguing over semantics, that's fine too.
I'm imagining that it will be less frustrating to find lords and ladies and allow us to talk to them all in one place more often.
It will add a roleplaying option for INT/CHA focused characters who gain prestige by spending money on lavish events (in the style of some ancient Romans such as Marcus Gabius Apicus).
It will add variety to the constant lategame loop of menus, sieges, field battles, menus, sieges, field battles, menus, field battles, sieges by throwing in at least one other optional activity worth doing where you can go and say hi to the nobles and get a little relation boost and have a gameplay reason to look at the beautiful keep scenes Taleworlds has made and hear and see the musicians play and the dancers dance and the lords and ladies talk. These things were meant to be seen and heard, rather than take up space in game files for no reason.
1. Not gameplay.

2. Not worth doing by time you're lategame, since -- shocker here, I know -- relations don't matter that much. And if they did, you get as much as you ever need just by incidentally supporting them in a vote.

3. You think the people who actually play this game haven't seen those keep scenes 50,000 times already?

4. It won't add variety to the constant lategame loop because -- as you said yourself -- it is a peacetime activity and the player faction is rarely at peace in the late game. When they are at peace, time tends to get taken up by preparing for the next war, because (and this flows out of my complaints about BL) the few ways you can meaningfully manage your kingdom all require the player's personal attendance.
And you're seriously ignoring what OP said:
For someone complaining about me not reading your posts, you definitely aren't reading mine because I responded straight to the OP. And post-faced my own suggestions with:
But it wasn't a thing in Warband and TW only barely even implied it would be a thing in BL (which they handled with a few quests), so it is outside of the OP's range of ideas.

So my question to you: why are you allergic to reading my posts before replying?
I do read your posts. Do you read mine?

Keep scenes are meh. Battanian "Tower of Doom" is the biggest offender 🤦‍♂️. Some of other culture keep scenes has been updated recently and they devs need to continue. Many of them are also out of scale outside size vs inside. God, I don't know why in this game everything is oversized/out of scale.

Hunting was one of the favourite if not the most favorite leasure time activity for aristocrats. It was also used as part of the training for young soon-to-be warriors to smell their first blood, face the danger of wild living creature and get used to killing => build up physical and mental resilience. Devs don't have to build any specific scenes for hunting. Ordinary battle maps are fine. Just add some boars,deers, rabbits,wulfs and bears and what not and here we go. There could be even a village mission to get rid of wild wulf pack terrorizing people/killing cattle.

Hunting was one of the favourite if not the most favorite leasure time activity for aristocrats. It was also used as part of the training for young soon-to-be warriors to smell their first blood, face the danger of wild living creature and get used to killing => build up physical and mental resilience. Devs don't have to build any specific scenes for hunting. Ordinary battle maps are fine. Just add some boars,deers, rabbits,wulfs and bears and what not and here we go. There could be even a village mission to get rid of wild wulf pack terrorizing people/killing cattle.
Oregon trails hunting mode to get meat

All the counter-moaning from the few conservative players here who simply dislike complaints or are professional contrarians, and can rationalize anything that's wrong with the game is very nonconstructive and annoying - they don't add any value to debates about problems with the game.
Generally generalizations about people are generally wrong and make you, generally, look silly.
My argument is that if the sky is the limit then feasts are a great starting point, and if the sky isn't the limit and we're being realistic, then as a previous series feature which wouldn't be much work and has meme appeal and multiple benefits, it has a much more realistic chance of being added.
Then don't just say feasts will be game changing. They won't be, and neither would any of the other Legacy WB mods, with the general exception of Skill Books which would make the grind a lot better.

The legacy Warband stuff isn't what's making Bannerlord an alright game instead of a great game.

Hello all,

I've recently gotten into Bannerlord again with the release of the game, and I'm looking into the still missing and yet to be implemented features. But I also wanted to ask the opinion of some of you who have admittedly much more experience with the game than I do. Excluding mods, I was wondering what's a feature that is upcoming on the roadmap or missing from Warband that would dramatically improve Bannerlord as a vanilla Sandbox or uh Campaign experience?
Two things come to mind. One is a nickname system for our characters that can't be given to them and be regonised by the npcs e.g max out vigor and two handed skill and gains "The Mountain" nickname. The second would be back story quests for companions e.g I recently recruited a vliandian companion who told me that he want revenge on a gang boss in Charas for killing his brother out of interest I went there to see if something would happen but sadly nope. Love the game it is amazing

Fixing the trade skill to be able to gain exp for having caravans and workshops making profit. Kind of silly paying money to form a caravan only for the companion to get all the trade skill and you getting just the profits if they make any

Back
Top Bottom