1.92+ suggestions and Ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

They look fine when I look at them in the BRF edit. My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS.

EDIT: My fault, for some reason I had directx 7 chosen instead of 9, they look fine now thanks.

-Peter- said:
They look fine when I look at them in the BRF edit. My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS.

EDIT: My fault, for some reason I had directx 7 chosen instead of 9, they look fine now thanks.

owned

thats a shame because I was going to tell you with those plastic wrapper helmets:

Don't get mad, get Glad

prodshot_clingwrap.jpg

Maybe you can introduce new tiers for the Mercenary Hoplites. Example below:

Mercenary Hoplite > Beteranos Mercenary Hoplite > Afrokrema Mercenary Hoplite

EDIT: Do the same for the Mercenary Cretan Archers if it is possible.

Now that you made a roman praetorian helmet, maybe you could think on a roman general armor.

here some links

http://www.jaguarmodels.com/19sf.htm

http://www.the-tenth.com/

http://www.murphsplace.com/gladiator/army.html

what's with people today? all that stupid obsession with Russel Crow..

Matheus said:
Now that you made a roman praetorian helmet, maybe you could think on a roman general armor.

here some links

http://www.jaguarmodels.com/19sf.htm

http://www.the-tenth.com/

http://www.murphsplace.com/gladiator/army.html

Well I did not intend to take this on the forums but maybe you like it.
I made a Roman General (Imperial Era) out of the Spartan Caped Bronze Muscle.
I also finally got the time to reskin some of the ingame gear like the Centurion Hamata and the lorica hamata. There is also some additional shields.
If you like em I could send them to ealabor so he can properly implement them ( I had to replace some gear for the additional shields for example)

Here are some screens:

Romans.png

From left to right: Imperial General (not rank specific); Centurion; Auxiliary; Redone Squamata

Scuta.png

From the left: New totally made up Scutum (I still have the pre edited scheme of the pattern for reediting by any skilled person); Cavalery Shield (Imperial) and finally an Infantry auxiliary shield. There is also another clipeus design, you can briefly see it above on the centurion.

beforeafter.png

The before/after frame of the scutum...well at least I find it better than the old one...

Suggestions and critic is welcome but keep in mind those where only supposed to be my personal versions of fun, not too much attention to history or timeframe of this mod has gone into those skins.

The general armor looks good. I cant quite see what that emblem on the chest is though.

The second and third armors looks like they need lighting detail to the item textures on the chest. The squamata looks good and would be a big improvement over the current one. I was never able to convert the texture sheet to BMP so that I may retexture it, what tool did you use?

the cavalry and auxilia shields look pretty good.

the scutum on the right looks like it has an issue with color saturation or contrast. the one in the middle has the same issue but to a lesser degree, but could likely be used still. Nice designs though.

i'd like to see the squamata and general armor at different light angles

ealabor said:
The general armor looks good. I cant quite see what that emblem on the chest is though.

The second and third armors looks like they need lighting detail to the item textures on the chest. The squamata looks good and would be a big improvement over the current one. I was never able to convert the texture sheet to BMP so that I may retexture it, what tool did you use?

the cavalry and auxilia shields look pretty good.

the scutum on the right looks like it has an issue with color saturation or contrast. the one in the middle has the same issue but to a lesser degree, but could likely be used still. Nice designs though.

i'd like to see the squamata and general armor at different light angles

The Crest on the general is an lions head. It looked too empty without anything on it, but due to the curved armor it is really hard to attach anything up there

The Squamata was edited in old Paint Shop Pro (as it still was a product of Jasc), and the Squamata texture pattern is from Ferres Imperial Legion Skins for Rome TW.
(I once asked for permission to use some of his models/skins, but never could do anything with em. Facinating how good they look ingame)

The Cavalery and Aux shields are from real photos and do look very good ingame indeed.
Yeah well the scutum ^^. I just could not stand the look of the old one anymore and so I went abit overboard with what I had in mind. First I only wanted to take another photo, but none would fit or was good enough to be edited. The Saturation looks worse on the last pic cause I applied a filter on it in PSP which made the shield look more "used". My capabilities are really marginal here. I wanted to first make a background for the shield to be cracked and crippled and then apply the pattern as a transparent over it, but PSP won'T let me do -.- . So I'm to fiddle a bit more with it.

Here are the additional shots for the armors (edited)

general.png

squamata.png

hamata-1.png

Will work on the scutum a bit...

For the second and third one, right that would be a good idea, will look into it.

yes those overlays would be quiet handy I guess.

I also updated my last post with bigger pictures of the requested armours

Eleabor - in my opinion Lord Kosmos' chainmail looks realistic. In reality chainmails doesn't look shinny at all - judging from my limited reenactment experience.
I'm not quite sure but I think the shape of squamata's metal pieces wasn't so rectangular and weren't so big as shown by Lord Kosmos model. But maybe it's jist an illusion and it looks better ingame.

Matrix33 said:
Eleabor - in my opinion Lord Kosmos' chainmail looks realistic. In reality chainmails doesn't look shinny at all - judging from my limited reenactment experience.
I'm not quite sure but I think the shape of squamata's metal pieces wasn't so rectangular and weren't so big as shown by Lord Kosmos model. But maybe it's jist an illusion and it looks better ingame.

my comment wasnt with the chain of the armor, but was concerning the decoration on it, and the lighting effect of it

Lord_Kosmos said:

**** yeah!

idea: map the chest center as a seperate item on the tex sheet, this won't require a total re-map of the armor.
then make it bigger and you'll be able to make a recognizable lion's head.

the best course of action, though, is to totally remap it, but that might not be as appealing.

Could Prisoner trains be put in, since they would help compensate the fact that surgery is now limited to 5, since you can only recruit troops once every 3 days or so, it'd help keep your party size stable.

Also, since now there is a lot of equipment, could faction item specific vendors be introduced?

I'd like to see the save game time redone cause it takes an unnessary amount of time with my top of the line (by mid 2007 standards) comp to load saves... Makes it fairly annoying to load saves but the mod is good alltogether from what I played but I wish it had some of the following features:
1. Different troops have different prisoner prices like the expanded gameplay mod
2. A way to recruit thracians into my party BESIDES rescueing prisoners or converting captured ones who just run away
3. A few more options for a starting character like a Galatian Swordsman, Germanic Barbarian, Briton Warlord and so on.
4. War paint for some of the barbarians, would give their heads unique looks probably if you can put faction spicific heads (as far as I noticed most barbarian factions got the lighter complectioned men including the thracians  sowhy not give them some more heads with war paint)
5. Scabbards for the Celtic and Spatha swords, it annoys me to see a native medieval Oakeshott type sword in the scabbard when I put my sword away.
6. More voice acting for the factions in their ancient languages (may find this hard but LATIN for the romans is still around and WELSH can be used for the Gauls and GERMANIC for the Germans and so on, EB has a bunch of voice acting for their mod in both Latin and Gaulish as well as Greek and seeing some stuff from RTW here in this mod would probably be cool to see here)

Thats all I can really think of now...

2. A way to recruit thracians into my party BESIDES rescueing prisoners or converting captured ones who just run away
6. More voice acting for the factions in their ancient languages (may find this hard but LATIN for the romans is still around and WELSH can be used for the Gauls and GERMANIC for the Germans and so on, EB has a bunch of voice acting for their mod in both Latin and Gaulish as well as Greek and seeing some stuff from RTW here in this mod would probably be cool to see here)

2. Go to Thracian Fiefs and recruit volounteers from there, may or may not work if you are at war with Thracians, but as long as you haven't burned or looted their villages some should follow you.

6. Do realise that EB has a much larger team than LME does. And you wouldn't be able to get stuff from RTW, as that is copyright infringement and could potentially lead to trouble for the LME team and mod

Back
Top Bottom