1.92+ suggestions and Ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

the battlecries would be great though. It really adds atmosphere. I don't remember EB in particular, but one mod of RTW I've played had a latin soundpack and the pronunciation was rather bad and american :smile:

For the new factions, first of all the greeks should be splitted into cities, because at that time the greek cities were not united, they even fought each other (mostly each other :grin:)

i also think that the troop tree can be order better this way, for example:

______________________________________________________________________________
    |                          |                                            |                              |                                V
1)Helot(Spartan)    1)Athenian                          1)Corinthian              1)Other factional            2)Greek militia
|                          |            |                                |                        Greeks                          |                |
|                          |            |                                |                                |              3)G. Archer  3)G. Hoplite
2)Psiloi  2)Athenian archer    2)Athenian hoplite    2)Corinthian militia    2)3)and upgrades        |                    |
|                    |                        |                            |                                                      |                    |
|          3)A. Marine archer    3)A. Marine hoplite          |                                        4)G. Armored H.  4)G.Cavalry
3)Spartan hoplite                                                3)Corinthian hoplite
|
4)Spartan officer

this way the player recruits local troops from cities, and has the option to upgrade them wheter to local or common troops

On the other hand there would be many greek mercs too, like merc hoplite, thracian peltast, cretan archer(maybe both base-recruit and merc), etc.

1. The EB team outnumbers the LME about 50 to 1

2. Nick Wylie is doing custom sounds for the mod in addition to the music. For now its just going to be horns for the commands.

oh yeah Cool Guy is working on some body paint skins for "barbarians" now.

cool_guy said:
Lord_Kosmos said:

**** yeah!

idea: map the chest center as a seperate item on the tex sheet, this won't require a total re-map of the armor.
then make it bigger and you'll be able to make a recognizable lion's head.

the best course of action, though, is to totally remap it, but that might not be as appealing.

That is something that I cannot do. I can only mod existing skins and rearange or add a few gimmicks. But I am shure there are more than enough eager capable modders out there who could do it properly ^^

Lets try to get those phalanxes to really work.. how about jacking up the actual speed and thrusting distance of the pike to make the formation a bigger advantage as they truly had.  Also get the romans to always have their shield up when receiving fire from as far as the distance to shoot. Uh.. and put the romans closer together.

whitewolfmxc said:
But they are cool XD
Yes, indeed, better than Romans, maybe, if they had brains. If they wouldnt believe the Gods will protect them and they needn't any armour on. And better yet if they knew how to organize their army.

Back
Top Bottom