e1.5.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

ThefatTim

Recruit
Hello fellow Skull Drinkers.
As the name of the thread says, whenever I start the game the launcher pops up in the Taskbar and then immediatly closes again, therefore making it impossible to start the game. The game worked fine for me on previous versions with and without mods.
Altough the game worked just fine a month ago and my system didn't change I went through the standard fixes like updating my gpu drivers, windows and reinstalling the game (including the purge of the Documents Folder and clean removal of all mods), which obviously did not solve the problem.

Probadly irrelevant, but cannot do any harm: Specs: Win 10, Intel Core i5-4570, 16GB Ram, Nvidea GTX 970.

I pray to the Butterlord and the Simp Empress that this problem will be resolved quickly.

Can you try to verify the game files through Steam after deleting all of the contents of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin" folder and try launching again?
You can also check if this folder has any .dll files that are not from our side. It should look like this, please remove any .dll files that is not listed below:
bqNjgVh.png

Thanks for the quick reply, it actually worked. But how come that a fresh reinstall was not able to do the same? Is it just random chance that those files are damaged during install or did I do something wrong that I should look out for the next time I have to reinstall the game?

It's related to mods for the most part, even if mods are deleted, they alter the local game files sometimes permanently, and reinstalling without deleting every game related folder still causes problems. Glad to hear it's fixed for you. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom