Need More Info Game crashes after Startup, cant send crash report (1.1.1. no mods)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.1.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Nomoz

Recruit
Summary: After clicking "Play" on the launcher, the game starts loading and then crashes "*-* the application faced a problem...."
Please, i sunk hours into Warband, let me play this game, Im begging you.
Id love to upload my crash report, but Im unable to even copy it.
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
GPU Driver Version: GeForce Game Ready Driver 531.29
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Z490 PLUS (MS-7C9:cool:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Toshiba HDWD110

Hi, had the same issue recently, the guys stopped responding.
Doday an update of Nvidia graphic cards appeared v 531.29, try updating it, worked for me.
Hope it works for you too :smile:

Hi, had the same issue recently, the guys stopped responding.
Doday an update of Nvidia graphic cards appeared v 531.29, try updating it, worked for me.
Hope it works for you too :smile:
The Driver is up to date and it still crashes, no matter if i pick play oder conrinue, but thanks for the effort.

Have you tried the workarounds listed below?
I reinstalled
Made app exceptions for every kind of mb exe.
I turned my anti virus of
I ran as Admin
I tried running any kind of exe. with or without steam
I deleted config
Still crashes on the loading screen
If i could at least upload or copy my crash data, that might help
or should i write it down by hand in this thread?
i also tried the thing where you delete CNs language files and start -windowed, but besides not starting up as windowed, this also did not work
Im at my wits end
Way back when the game first came out I got it to run on this same machine, and yes there are no files left from that time
I remember, that i couldnt create save files because of my antivirus and that I had to move it to my main partition, but it at leas ran
I really want to play again...

I found my crash logs:

Try to load dll TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Steam.dll

Resolving: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.XmlSerializers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Try to load dll TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.XmlSerializers.dll

Resolving: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.XmlSerializers
Try to load dll TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.XmlSerializers.dll

Can't reset context
Loading FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular font, at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\LauncherGUI\Fonts\FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular/FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular.fnt
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedServer.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.PS.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.GDK.dll
Init LauncherModsDLLManager
Total startup time: 0.6270
Playing sound: default
Setting engine methods at Controller::SetEngineMethodsAsDotNet
Appending private path to current application domain.
Creating GameApplicationDomainController on current application domain.
Constructing GameApplicationDomainController.
Initializing GameApplicationDomainController as Dot Net.
Try to load dll TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.dll

Try to load dll TaleWorlds.DotNet.AutoGenerated.dll

Try to load dll TaleWorlds.Engine.dll

Try to load dll TaleWorlds.Engine.AutoGenerated.dll

Try to load dll TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.dll

Could you reproduce this issue again and after it is occurred again can you get an event viewer log for us to see more detail?
You can find more info about event viewer here:
You can send your files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Could you check if there are any game related files located in the C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder? Please note that ProgramData is a hidden folder by default.

Could you check if there are any game related files located in the C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder? Please note that ProgramData is a hidden folder by default.
There are files at that location
One of the fixes was to delete them but they have since come back
what should i do with them?

I just fixed my failure to send crash reports yesterday.

The game by default makes the "crash" folder in "C:\ProgramData:\Mount and Blade Bannerlord II" read only by default. If you select the properties of the root folder i noted above you will see that either some or all subfolders are read only. I just changed the whole game folder to turn off read only, and that fixed my issue. Hope this helps :smile:

I just fixed my failure to send crash reports yesterday.

The game by default makes the "crash" folder in "C:\ProgramData:\Mount and Blade Bannerlord II" read only by default. If you select the properties of the root folder i noted above you will see that either some or all subfolders are read only. I just changed the whole game folder to turn off read only, and that fixed my issue. Hope this helps :smile:
The folders were set on "read only" but sadly, turning that off didnt help either...
Thanks for the tip though

How long does it usually take until a ticket is answered?
My game still isnt running...

Back
Top Bottom