Need More Info Launcher Crashing on start up even after factory reset of pc(PLEASE HELP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

Wilbert4598

Recruit
Summary: When I launch the game from steam the launcher briefly pops up on the taskbar but does not display the launcher itself and then subsequently crashes. I am able to access single-player and multiplayer if I go through the files EXE but I am not able to load mods for multiplayer or single player as I am unable to access the launcher. I have updated my drivers and am on the most recent version of Windows 11 so I am at a loss.
How to Reproduce: Every time i try to start
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Intel Core i7-10700
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: intel UHD graphics 630
RAM: 32gb
Motherboard: Not sure
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): On a C drive with one terabyte

Hey, have you tried these steps? Please let me know if the issue is persistent after the steps. Sorry for the inconvenience.
‘Launcher not Launching’ / Game is not launching Workarounds
If you experiencing any issues with the launcher, you can try the workarounds here to fix the issue.

I have tried all of that but the problem still is happening. I have seen other people having the same problem.

Loading assembly: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Steam.dll

Assembly load result: SUCCESS
Can't reset context
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: ptr
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetDelegateForFunctionPointer(IntPtr ptr, Type t)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.Native.OpenGL.Opengl32ARB.LoadFunction[T](String name)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.Native.OpenGL.Opengl32ARB.LoadExtensions()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.GraphicsContext.CreateContext(ResourceDepot resourceDepot)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.GraphicsForm.InitializeGraphicsContext(ResourceDepot resourceDepot)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.StandaloneUIDomain.Update()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.WindowsFramework.MessageLoop()
Value cannot be null.
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetDelegateForFunctionPointer(IntPtr ptr, Type t)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.Native.OpenGL.Opengl32ARB.LoadFunction[T](String name)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.Native.OpenGL.Opengl32ARB.LoadExtensions()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.GraphicsContext.CreateContext(ResourceDepot resourceDepot)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.GraphicsForm.InitializeGraphicsContext(ResourceDepot resourceDepot)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.WindowsFramework.Start()
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.Program.Main(String[] args)

Heres the launcher logs

Can't reset context
Value cannot be null.
Value cannot be null.

There seem to be a few people with this problem that have tried all the fixes. Can anyone from taleworlds help? or at least give me an update or more recommendations. Please

Hey, i have been informed that verifying the integrity of the game files could have helped with the issue. Have you tried that along with the steps i have shared earlier? if the issue is persistent after the verification please let me know.

Hey, i have been informed that verifying the integrity of the game files could have helped with the issue. Have you tried that along with the steps i have shared earlier? if the issue is persistent after the verification please let me know.
I tried to verify it again, but sadly, it had the same issue.

Any update? the steam moderators are saying that you guys are helping me on here but i still have no idea how to fix it

This is from windows event manager
Application: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentNullException
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetDelegateForFunctionPointer(IntPtr, System.Type)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.Native.OpenGL.Opengl32ARB.LoadFunction[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.String)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.GraphicsContext.CreateContext(TaleWorlds.Library.ResourceDepot)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.GraphicsForm.InitializeGraphicsContext(TaleWorlds.Library.ResourceDepot)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.Program.Main(System.String[])
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Program.Main(System.String[])

Faulting application name: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x64f874cd
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2215, time stamp: 0x83983b0b
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000006531c
Faulting process id: 0x0x1F40
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9ED7885FBCFF9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 98440a12-5ef7-4fdb-af5f-1288e7266b91
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

GPU: Intel Core i7-10700GPU

Driver Version: 31.0.21018.5001

CPU: intel UHD graphics 630

RAM: 32gb

Motherboard: ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming 4

Storage Device (HDD/SSD): On a C drive with one terabyte

Hello, I am still in need of help. The steam disscusion mods are saying that the fourms are taking care of it and I still need help please. its been 2 weeks PLEASE I beg. Do you need more infomation just tell me whay you need and i can give info i just wanna be able to play again.

Last edited:
Hey, can you please share your Crash ID with me so we can further inspect the issue?
Hello, Thank you for responding. I cannot get the game to launch so the only thing that comes up in the logs is "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs\launcher_log_90926.txt" only present

Can't reset context
Value cannot be null.
Value cannot be null.

Is there another way of getting a crash report? I tried to run CrashUploader.Publish.EXE to get a report but it did not work

Hey, i have been infromed that the reason for this issue could be that you are using the integrated gpu but your driver is not suitable for that. Can you please re-install your driver and make sure its the compatible one with your GPU? If the issue is persistent after this step please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom