Resolved 1.4.3e and 1.5.0 rescue Brother quest endless loading screen after clearing the hideout

Users who are viewing this thread

Balbor

Recruit
After clearing the hideout during the quest to rescue your Brothers and Sister the game gets stuck in the loading screen. I first experienced this is 1.5beta and then against when I rolled back to 1.4.3e.

In 1.5.0 I tried loading the auto save that was generated after finishing the Quest. The Hideout was still on the map but i could assault it/wait for nightfall and the mission was still telling me to meet Radagos there. I reloaded a save from before finishing the mission and redid the bandit assault. This time the same progressed.

In 1.4.3 after the first endless loading screen I load a save from before the battle, but the second attempt also resulted in an endless loading screen. The 3rd time I decided to try something someone had posted on Discord and did not attempt the quest right away, so I went off and competed in a tournament. Afterward I was able to finish the quest as normal.

This has happened with different mods. the first time it happened, during 1.5 The only mod I was using is the true relations mod, I did disable it when I attempted the battle a second time, which did not bug out. I posted it as a potential bug on the mod Nexus page but was informed it is a native bug which people who don’t use the mod have reported happening.

even if this is true I have considered that the mod could be increasing the chances of it happen. After leaving the prison/loot screen the game loads, and then a dialogue scene with your brother comes up. True Relations adds additions random post battle dialogue with companions, and the frequency of those can be edited. Perhaps if the same is trying to load up 2 different post battle dialogue scenes it’s gets stuck in a loop.

Unfortunately I don’t have any saves prior to the battle. First time it happened I couldn’t repeats it so put it down to a random bug, the second time after 2 unsuccessful attempts I quick saved after it worked.

If you are using a mod that is affecting the in-game dialogues, we cannot know which game file might be altered. Can you try removing this mod, verifying your game files and recreating this?

Back
Top Bottom