• Better

Votes: 48 58.5%
  • Same

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Worst

Votes: 14 17.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you TW ! I can finally play at 120 fps in a battle with every presets at maximum !!
Still minor fps drops during sieges, but it is waaaaay better now !
Yeeehaaaa ! ?
And you !? Did you notice any changes ?

Yesterday I was sieging as Sturgia, and now the siege battle never drops below 30 fps! It was about 15 fps before because of all the lag :grin:

Patch 1.4.0

They can EZPZ increase pefrormance up to another 15-20%
They should just remove this blob moshpit bullcrap.

Before melee clash i have 75 FPS. During blob fight it goes to 35-40.

It it becouse my CPU needs to calculate 10 000 hits per second.

So they need:
1) Decrease troops density
2) Decrease troops agressivness

It will increase performance a lot, and 500 v 500 battle of shielded heavy armored troops will not last 1 minute anymore.

Havent played latest beta but with tweaked settings I can play 900 troop siege 80% downscaled 4k @ 30 fps. That is on a 3-4 year old gaming laptop. Huge FPS improvement for me over what it was. AI was nonexistant, siege now playable. At 1440p 100% res, I see modest 5 fps gain under same scenario. I had been playing beta so now on main EA version so cant confirm any latest improvement only that over the last month tings have improved significantly. NOTE much of this is due to upgrading to new SSD and installing there instead of HDD and going from 12 to 16gb\of RAM. Im impressed with their optimization so far.

Just before siege mob fights it drops into the teens:

There is still room for improvement in AI pathing calc. Game used to stutter loading in and right as troops started moving. Now there the only stutter I get is just as siege tower drops and ai calculates their new pathing and begins to fight. If they can figure how to dummy up that initial strain on the CPU and spread out the calculation for all 900 AI then performance on my mid spec PC should be virtually flawless.

i7-6700hq
1060 gtx
16gb ram

i really dont know if i wanna wait two months for a ryzen 3700x or get the ryzen 3300x next week. i don't know how much the devs would focus more on optimizing the game through core count. i really don't want to wait two months ??

ryzen 1500x
gtx 1060
16gb
4 year old setup. 50-70fps average. sieges is 40fps on lowest 1080p settings

They can EZPZ increase pefrormance up to another 15-20%
They should just remove this blob moshpit bullcrap.

Before melee clash i have 75 FPS. During blob fight it goes to 35-40.

It it becouse my CPU needs to calculate 10 000 hits per second.

So they need:
1) Decrease troops density
2) Decrease troops agressivness

It will increase performance a lot, and 500 v 500 battle of shielded heavy armored troops will not last 1 minute anymore.

Just slowing everything down a little should help too. Combat seems way too fast to me. It's like watching Kingdom of heaven on fast forward.

i really dont know if i wanna wait two months for a ryzen 3700x or get the ryzen 3300x next week. i don't know how much the devs would focus more on optimizing the game through core count. i really don't want to wait two months ??

ryzen 1500x
gtx 1060
16gb

If you are considering upgrading only for Bannerlord, I would strongly advise to wait almost to the end of the year, not only the game will, be closer to top optimized status but your options for pieces will be better.

ryzen 1500x
gtx 1060
16gb
Ryzen 3 3300X has a certain appeal for me because of obvious reasons but it's kind of a bad choice now as Zen 3 will be there when the next gpus will launch at the beginning of next year and we're just about to enter 8 core-16 threads era because of the consoles. It would be nice if we could know just how well Bannerlord would use 8 cores 16 threads, compared to a 4 core 8 threads.

If you are considering upgrading only for Bannerlord, I would strongly advise to wait almost to the end of the year, not only the game will, be closer to top optimized status but your options for pieces will be better.

Also both Nvidia and AMD have new graphics solutions out this year. I would not buy a GPU right now unless your current one fails.

Yeah, I've noticed a severe performance increase. Sieges are now playable, field battles are even more better now, run fantastically smooth.

TW, I don't know what did you do to achieve this, but please, try not to break it, performance now is way much better in comparison to 1.3.

I think the memory allocation thingy helped me, I can play a lot longer now without the game slowing down after 1-2 hours of gameplay (I guess my 16gb ram was being filled up).
Menus also open instantly and smoothly now (except smithing which has some weird visual glitch for a second or two).

There is a performance increase but this also comes with an increase in your PC load.
Now the game can operate at maybe 120-150 FPS in the Menus in my case (depending on the settings)
But this means for me that the GPU runs at 100% during character creation and on the world screen (sounds like a turbine and uses 100% of its rated watts)
Decreasing the max FPS in the game options reduces the load (and overall power consumption) significantly
I set a 60 FPS cap for testing (so a 50% reduction) and the load on my GPU halved afterwards

Back
Top Bottom