?Gamescom 2018 (Streams, Map, Factions, Perks, Skills, Troop Trees, Concepts)

Users who are viewing this thread

JuanNieve said:
Yurek said:
Armağan just cleared up the family thing. Said your family can be composed of brothers, sisters, a spouse and child.

You can die of old age and will continue as a member of your family. Sweet!

Did he mention something if there would be a polygamy system? XD

I am sure that can be easy modded with Polygamy, but you know there is a Study that most conflicts and Civil wars in old Age started of this, kinda like with King Solomon and then the fall of his Kingdom after his death had to do party with it, but on the other hand it would make the game way more challenging if you have a Kingdom an not enough Fiefs to give it to you heirs and one just decided he will take what he wants from you. Would be like the Frankish Kingdom that Split into 3 after the death of their King.

I also wonder about that Family thing, I wonder if we mod the game that the Player is a Demigod like Hercules and can not die how the game will progress once he outlives several Generations.

What will be with Modding like lets say Game of Thrones where you want certain Main Characters to die only in a Certain event or timeline. I think we need more information on that too, maybe there is also just a Hero Checkbox to mark then when modding to not be able to die during a battle.

Also I wonder, lets say a Lord/Clan family has many kids, will that increase the likeable of the Lord to die in Battle? I imagine it a Lord has no kids yet they might let the Lord life and maybe they added a system where as more kids the Lord has as higher the chance for them to die during either a Battle or Age.

Another thing that might be interesting is, can the Player or Lord make Bastards? Lets say that is in the game, will they be able to put on claims or start a Rebellion?

Will we get also Scenarios in the Game like " Troy " where the wife of lets say of a King/Lord runs of with another from another Faction and they go over war for it and the Player can Join one Faction like Achilles for a campaign.  :mrgreen:

NPC99 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeeVD2qv6_U
"we will just announce the release date a few weeks before we are ready to ship it"
Oh, boi....

samoht said:
Styo said:
Wait so they are skipping Beta for EA?

How are those two things any different?

Beta would be private testing and no cost (Warband had both SP and MP betas), EA is you buy the game at its current state.

How are they different? Patching schedule. With EA they need to fix game breaking bugs ASAP where as in a beta, you just wait for the normal patching cycle (week, month, etc). EA could be a good thing or bad. Beta is private and less PR.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if they are now skipping beta and going to EA, they need to execute it properly. Dedicated team for hotfixes and game breaking bugs.

Styo said:
samoht said:
Styo said:
Wait so they are skipping Beta for EA?

How are those two things any different?

Beta would be private testing and no cost (Warband had both SP and MP betas), EA is you buy the game at its current state.

How are they different? Patching schedule. With EA they need to fix game breaking bugs ASAP where as in a beta, you just wait for the normal patching cycle (week, month, etc). EA could be a good thing or bad. Beta is private and less PR.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if they are now skipping beta and going to EA, they need to execute it properly. Dedicated team for hotfixes and game breaking bugs.

Ah, okay.  I thought you were talking about paid beta and EA, as opposed to closed beta.

Family system, perma death and succession? My life is almost complete. All I need is a mod to really stretch the time progression. Now I want my game to last decades and not years. Also I feel like you can create a whole family at the start of the game. Kinda like the sims. You can create your main with a bunch of siblings to populate your clan. Sounds awesome!

Also I'm sure you can still build castles. I think he meant villages can't be changed into a castles.

I think I've figured out the issue with the presentations this year. It's not only that the interviewers no nothing about the game. The actual gameplay functions as more of a backdrop than as the focus of discussion. It would be much more engaging if the interviewers asked questions, directly pertaining to the gameplay in front of them.

Back
Top Bottom