SP - UI [✅ PARTIALLY IMPLEMENTED] The Smithy — 3 annoying problems with its UI (video included)

Users who are viewing this thread

NamFlow

Sergeant at Arms
Game version: v1.5.1.240715

1) If you have a lot of companions, not all of them show up in the selection of character who could be used to smelt, forge and craft items. That means you have to got your party screen and move companions on the bottom to the top for them to show up correctly. This can be solved by many solutions eg.: make the horizontal line scrollable; or make the line vertical and scrollable; all additional companions who couldn't fit the screen could be chosen from some extra button etc

2) Sorting by yield doesn't stay permanently sorted. That means whenever you go to smithy and want to smelt weapons, if you sort weapons by yield and smelt one of the weapons, the sort will go back to its default sorted state. Please make this permanent and perhaps it would be great to add some filter for weapon types, so I can smelt only the ones I wanna smelt.

3) Weapons that you have locked in your inventory also show up in the smithy, so you can accidentally smelt them either by selecting it by yourself or if the game itself selects it for you. Quite frustrating, if you are trying to do some quests, want to have some weapons locked for later use or so. So the suggestion is to remove locked weapons from displaying in the smelting screen.

I recorded all of the 3 problems described above in this video:
https://streamable.com/3he8tg

(looks like I made a mistake, as the Glaive at the end of the video was supposed to be locked.. or I smelted the wrong one before already, oops!)

Thanks for looking into this! :wink:
NF

1) If you have a lot of companions, not all of them show up in the selection of character who could be used to smelt, forge and craft items. That means you have to got your party screen and move companions on the bottom to the top for them to show up correctly. This can be solved by many solutions eg.: make the horizontal line scrollable; or make the line vertical and scrollable; all additional companions who couldn't fit the screen could be chosen from some extra button etc
This is unfortunate. This also happened in governor selection and I fixed it. I'll fix this first thing tomorrow. Thank you for the report.

2) Sorting by yield doesn't stay permanently sorted. That means whenever you go to smithy and want to smelt weapons, if you sort weapons by yield and smelt one of the weapons, the sort will go back to its default sorted state. Please make this permanent and perhaps it would be great to add some filter for weapon types, so I can smelt only the ones I wanna smelt.
I'll take a note. Shouldn't be too hard to change.

3) Weapons that you have locked in your inventory also show up in the smithy, so you can accidentally smelt them either by selecting it by yourself or if the game itself selects it for you. Quite frustrating, if you are trying to do some quests, want to have some weapons locked for later use or so. So the suggestion is to remove locked weapons from displaying in the smelting screen.
I don't think this is a good solution since the "unlock" action would be in an another screen, breaking up the flow of the screen. Maybe we can show a little icon but I'm not sure. I'll bring this up internally.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I don't think this is a good solution since the "unlock" action would be in an another screen, breaking up the flow of the screen. Maybe we can show a little icon but I'm not sure. I'll bring this up internally.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Now that you mentioned it, yes, it would break up the flow, so it doesn't make sense to make it this way. But I think it would be still a good idea to inform players what items not to smelt, because personally I'm locking them to complete quests (Gang Leader Needs Weapons) and because I'm switching between various of weapons. When I smelt them accidentally, I don't usually notice and when I do, I've to reload my save.

Little icon (lock) in the corner of the item or so would be sufficient enough I think, or some filter in which you could choose to show all weapons or show all weapons except locked ones (and vice versa).

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work! (-;

Back
Top Bottom