SP Native VS mod (Info Update: 6-18-07) (Stage Update: 6-19-07)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kringe

Recruit
Already pretty much the story of the original, I have been hightening the battle of VS.

To get a better idea of VS, I will list all the current changes, and am fine tuning the adjustments. The idea was spawned off the Better Factions MOD, but after trying to play it and many errors crashing the client, I persued my own version.

Info 6-18-07
It has been a while, I know and I am sorry. Especially if anyone was anticipating. Which I am sure or hopefully there was one person haha. Well I am proud to announce I have gone into partnership with a friend and one whom does modeling for other games such as Ashen Empires and Dransik. Google it :razz: We plan on hopefully finishing VS mod this summer as a side project. We will keep yall updated on what is going to go on, what's new. This mod will take a new turn from what I have originally intended but only for the better.

TheTyrants Weapons Stage
5y3a9gh.jpg

Khergits:
Black Khergit Leader
Black Khergit Elite Guard
Black Khergit Knight
Black Khergit Horseman
kk.jpg

Factions
More readily to battle each other.
Deserters come in different variations.
Vaegers, slow, more heavily armoured, proficient in blades and spears. Faction color blue.
Swadians, more mobility, better long range, proficient in blunts and forks. Faction color red.

Caravans:
Scouts and War Parties more aggressive to opposing caravans.
Caravans troops reduced, therefor harder to defend, although their speed is increased by lesser numbers.
Black Khergit Knights more likely to attack caravans rather than wonder around running from everyone.

Dark Hunters:
Lowered max number between 20-30
Appearance tuned to true "Black Knights".
Black armour no longer sold, can only be obtained from Dark Hunters.
Specific armours and weapons can only be looted from them.
Dark Hunters will now aid Black Khergit Knights in battle if they spot one and vice versa.

Bandits
Appearance tuned to their personalities.

River Pirates
Now should be feared.
Given black powered pistols, best not try to range them anymore.
Accuracy set to 50%.

Horses
Chargers, Warhorses, and Steppe Horses no longer sold.
To obtain, battle Dark Hunters/ Black Khergit Knights/ Steppe Bandits.

Food
Count on dried meat has been lowered from 50, to 20 and weight reduced.
In order to keep high moral with big parties, you MUST keep lots of food, or buy lower quality food that lasts longer.

Weapons
Short Sword: 25c 19p, New Graphic (Squire starts with a rusty one, new graphic on that one too)
Dirk: 19c 19p, New Graphic
Skullcrusher: 36b, New Graphic
Military Hammer renamed to War Hammer. (for realism)
Original Warhammer replaced by Skullcrusher. (for realism)
New graphics are pulled from unused models and skins ingame.

Screenshots
Rusty Short Sword
rustysword.jpg

Skullcrusher
skull.jpg

Dirk
dirk.jpg

Vaeger Horsemen
vhorse.jpg

Vaerger Archers
varch.jpg

Swadians!
sw.jpg

Hillside battle.
hillside.jpg

Pirates on the defensive.
pirates.jpg

i tell this to almost every mod, but for yours i think is a must... add some of the weapons (specially swords) from the stoned-dude weapon pack... i think it will be great for your mod...

here's the link... check it out
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,16665.0.html

Thanks guys. Well I really dont plan on inputting all sorts of weapons into the game, just sticking to what there is and putting into more to my vision.

I started breaking down the parties instead of random people with random armour to something a little different. The Black Khergit Raiders now rival Dark Hunters,... ok hell, they can kick some dark hunter butt :razz: actually they are buddy buddy and help each other out :razz: Caravans carry bout 20-30 troops and the khergits go after them quite often, but also the ill effect is scouts, patrols, and war parties will kill them on site. I have no more plans on the khergit raiders for I think they are a finished phaze. Just have to finish putting bandits in classes.

I dedicate about 5 hrs of the day fine tuning the parties and such. My big goal is to make the game a lil more challenging.

Swordmaster said:
That rusty shortsword is fine.

thats from native its one of the items floating around idle for some reason...

and I think you have swadians veagirs kinda mixed up, I'm pretty sure swadians are blue and veagirs red, no this isnt outlined anywhere, but it just seems to fit more and is in most mods of this kind, and also you gave swadians sledgehammers and the veagirs swwords, when it should be the other way around, swadians=organised and sophisticated army Veagirs=unruly bunch oh nordic barbarians.

but I guess its your mod so do what you want...

Nethoras said:
Swordmaster said:
That rusty shortsword is fine.

thats from native its one of the items floating around idle for some reason...

and I think you have swadians veagirs kinda mixed up, I'm pretty sure swadians are blue and veagirs red, no this isnt outlined anywhere, but it just seems to fit more and is in most mods of this kind, and also you gave swadians sledgehammers and the veagirs swwords, when it should be the other way around, swadians=organised and sophisticated army Veagirs=unruly bunch oh nordic barbarians.

but I guess its your mod so do what you want...

Yes you are right. I mentioned above, everything is used from native. The Veagirs have organized quite some bit :wink: Well my definition of men at arms has always been a dude on a horse in red clothed armour with a mace, so i think i made that more towards my own typical vision how i perceive the game. I have really only played it for a lil over a month, so I would as some people say have a "newbish" mind set towards it :wink:

I like the idea of more organization with the armies. Before, the fights could be odd. You'd have a random peasant assault you with the mismatched, gear-confused knights.

Eother said:
I like the idea of more organization with the armies. Before, the fights could be odd. You'd have a random peasant assault you with the mismatched, gear-confused knights.

haha, after playing it a few weeks i was like,... man,... everyone looks so different and unique,... then in battle, i started to get tired of seeing names and such above head and would rather fight KNOWING whos in battle without looking at names. Im working all weekend and have finals coming up, not to mention defensive driving course that NEEDS to get done :razz: so not much will get done this weekend, but ill update yall with some more info most likely monday or tuesday. I plan on releasing a beta in 2 weeks just to see what yall think and have input on it. Once beta is done, will be released and done for good so I hope atleast someone out there might enjoy it :smile:

On a side note, would be great if someone could help me with quests. I already have all the visuals, armours, classes pretty inset in there but anyone willing to help will not be overlooked.

I'd make better screenshots if i were you. noone can see what the weapons are like on high resolution.

5y3a9gh.jpg

Here is just a preview shot of the shield model.

I will be doing modeling for Versus. Only on my free time, I have other games that i work as my job that takes up most of my time. But this mod should be fun.

Cheers

Tyrant

Kringe said:
Already pretty much the story of the original, I have been hightening the battle of VS.

To get a better idea of VS, I will list all the current changes, and am fine tuning the adjustments. The idea was spawned off the Better Factions MOD, but after trying to play it and many errors crashing the client, I persued my own version.

Info 6-18-07
It has been a while, I know and I am sorry. Especially if anyone was anticipating. Which I am sure or hopefully there was one person haha. Well I am proud to announce I have gone into partnership with a friend and one whom does modeling for other games such as Ashen Empires and Dransik. Google it :razz: We plan on hopefully finishing VS mod this summer as a side project. We will keep yall updated on what is going to go on, what's new. This mod will take a new turn from what I have originally intended but only for the better.

TheTyrants Weapons Stage
5y3a9gh.jpg

Khergits:
Black Khergit Leader
Black Khergit Elite Guard
Black Khergit Knight
Black Khergit Horseman
kk.jpg

Factions
More readily to battle each other.
Deserters come in different variations.
Vaegers, slow, more heavily armoured, proficient in blades and spears. Faction color blue.
Swadians, more mobility, better long range, proficient in blunts and forks. Faction color red.

Caravans:
Scouts and War Parties more aggressive to opposing caravans.
Caravans troops reduced, therefor harder to defend, although their speed is increased by lesser numbers.
Black Khergit Knights more likely to attack caravans rather than wonder around running from everyone.

Dark Hunters:
Lowered max number between 20-30
Appearance tuned to true "Black Knights".
Black armour no longer sold, can only be obtained from Dark Hunters.
Dark Hunters will now aid Black Khergit Knights in battle if they spot one and vice versa.

Bandits
Appearance tuned to their personalities.

River Pirates
Now should be feared.
Given black powered pistols, best not try to range them anymore.
Accuracy set to 50%.

Horses
Chargers, Warhorses, and Steppe Horses no longer sold.
To obtain, battle Dark Hunters/ Black Khergit Knights/ Steppe Bandits.

Food
Count on dried meat has been lowered from 50, to 20 and weight reduced.
In order to keep high moral with big parties, you MUST keep lots of food, or buy lower quality food that lasts longer.

Weapons
Short Sword: 25c 19p, New Graphic (Squire starts with a rusty one, new graphic on that one too)
Dirk: 19c 19p, New Graphic
Skullcrusher: 36b, New Graphic
Military Hammer renamed to War Hammer. (for realism)
Original Warhammer replaced by Skullcrusher. (for realism)
New graphics are pulled from unused models and skins ingame.

Screenshots
Rusty Short Sword
rustysword.jpg

Skullcrusher
skull.jpg

Dirk
dirk.jpg

Vaeger Horsemen
vhorse.jpg

Vaerger Archers
varch.jpg

Swadians!
sw.jpg

Hillside battle.
hillside.jpg

Pirates on the defensive.
pirates.jpg

and your a Recruit how?!?!?!?

nice work good luck
i like the dirk of whatever it is.

seriously atila, first off being a recruit has nothing to do with modding skill, its all based on how many posts you have, he's new thats how he's a recruit, there ya go. secondly never quote something that big, insted of putting the actuall  pics in replace them with pic, or picture of dagger, or awesome screeny, or whatever floats your boat. an I dont know if you were infering that kringe made the dirk, but he did not, thats from native. the mod seems to be coming along fine, but I think you have veagirs and swadians reversed, and definitly do not give any swadian troop andything as crude as those rocks on a stick.

Back
Top Bottom