Search results for query: *

1. Daedelus_McGee

Getting Loyal Companions to Marry for Political Advantage

It would be nice if you could build companions up in your organization and then arrange for them to get married to key families. Historically, powerful families protect themselves by marrying into up and coming power players. I am wildly open as to how to implement this in the mod, but I see...
  2. Daedelus_McGee

Uncontrolled Chain-Reaction War Cascade

In SoD:W, something very similar to uncontrolled chain reaction happens when everybody has defensive agreements and somebody's truce expires. One party goes to war, and everybody else's defensive agreement kicks in and requires them to go to war...eventually with everybody else. In one day...
  3. Daedelus_McGee

Xerxes Totally Hacked the Mod!

While I don't see a need for hundreds of thousands of followers, and not just because I'm afraid of pesky Spartans holding key terrain, it would be nice if Companion Leadership contributed to morale as well. Morale is lagging maximum unit size, and maximum unit size is fairly paltry for a mod...
  4. Daedelus_McGee

Fifty Ways to Leave Your Liege Lord

In another post someone was asking about ways they could keep more troops after leaving the service of a King and forming your own Kingdom. Currently, the mod takes all your regiments and turns them over to the kingdom you left when you leave. Additionally, all your town and castle garrisons...
  5. Daedelus_McGee

Extinguished Kingdoms not closing

Computica, The Imperial Legion is still not closing out when defeated as a faction. I verified this last week with early beta 4, and again today with 3.92f1.  The last time I remember getting a good result on this is the springtime, but I couldn't give you a better idea of the inception of...
  6. Daedelus_McGee

Rally for Computica!

Computica is moving to get the latest patch out in a final push.  Let's hear some noise for the man, to keep him going on the drive home!  Go Computica GO!!! Also, remember to drink Gatorade. It really helps you concentrate and stay focused.
  7. Daedelus_McGee

Time to work Manekemaan like a rented mule, but first...

...he should read this series: http://www.webscription.net/p-300-an-oblique-approach.aspx the first three books of which are free.  Exams are over, time to get all that other stuff done!  There ain't no rest for the wicked...
  8. Daedelus_McGee

Technology and Conquest (from companions thread)

Moved here from the Companions thread because it went someplace else and needed a fresh start for discussion: A whole lot of folks came to the United States West from China and Japan to make fortunes, and their regard for native peoples, while not as violent as the Spanish or as genocidal as...
  9. Daedelus_McGee

Stocked Cave: Building a Holdout for Villages

I got the idea from manekemaan's reply on the economics thread: What if you could build a feature for your villages so that looting did half as much damage, was recovered from twice as fast, yielded less loot, and killed fewer villagers.  If terrain was a part of the village composition, it...
  10. Daedelus_McGee

Pretenders as barking mad nobles?

If the pretenders are still crashing the mod, couldn't their dialogue indicate that they are clearly out of their minds and only kept around because they are politically useful?  Examples: "First we shall appoint a mackerel as the Master of the Privy Chamber and make all pay obeisance to the...
  11. Daedelus_McGee

Fresh Thanks to the SoD team

In another thread, a developer from a different mod posted extreme claims, dictated reparations, and then took his ball and went home (locked the thread) when people called them on it.  During this unpleasantness, I was distinctly unkind to the person and their supporters because they came into...
Back
Top Bottom