Fifty Ways to Leave Your Liege Lord

Users who are viewing this thread

Daedelus_McGee

Sergeant at Arms
In another post someone was asking about ways they could keep more troops after leaving the service of a King and forming your own Kingdom. Currently, the mod takes all your regiments and turns them over to the kingdom you left when you leave. Additionally, all your town and castle garrisons turn on you like feral dogs and are most inconvenient when you attempt to re-establish control.  There are a wealth of features already in the mod that allow you to make the most of the transition, although the miserly desire to have your troops stay with you is not available.

Before you leave the old Kingdom:
1. Give the troops to those who love you best. Although a sufficiently large donation of troops will turn your gravest enemies into your boon companions, it makes more sense to share the wealth in smaller packets so you can ask for them back after you turn your coat.

2. Give the troops to your enemy's enemies. This isn't as immediately satisfying as giving them to friends, but think of all the trouble those troops are going to cause.  If possible, it makes more sense to give these troops to a weak lord than a strong one, because one of these days you might have to face them. 

3. Make sure that your garrisons are severely depleted before you leave.  You won't necessarily have to re-conquer them from your old kingdom if that would make excessive problems. You can conquer them from the ones who take them from the old kingdom and you can "rescue" them from the fight.

4. (The following exploit is tricky, but if there was role-play in the game, there is a way to have it makes sense.) a. Join a battle on the side of the deserters, making sure some prisoners are taken. '
b. Turn over some of your troops to the deserters.
c. Drop your old kingdom like a hot rock.
d. Divest yourself of extra troops in new regiments.
e. Attack the deserters and obtain their surrender, securing your old troops as prisoners.
f. Attack a battle in progress on the side of the bandits, making sure that prisoners are taken.
g. Turn over all your prisoners to the bandits.
h. Attack the bandits and welcome your old troops back in to your army.

5. Forty-six other ways. (You're welcome to add your own exploits.)

Is this necessary? I thought that rebelling when you didn't get granted some town or another let you keep, if not the regiments, then at least your towns and garrisons. Or was that changed recently?

thanks for the tips it will help

im looking to leave my failing king but i do not want to lose my 500 troops garrisoned in my city.

cheers

You can train special units that can form party and follow you. You can give them yours troops from castle for example and take them with you.

Computica said:
I'm going to add the dialog from Floris where it lets you leave your king and enables you to take your fiefs with you.
There should be some logic that prevents kings from granting you more than 25% of the total fiefs in a kingdom. Kings always were willing to sacrifice efficiency to reduce the threat of betrayal.  Arguably the French Revolution was a direct result of Royal infantilization of the nobility, where the Sun King accrued great power and then implemented it through a massively fractured nobility that was kept closely under control. While we don't have the processing power to model the debilitating effects of extortionate salt taxes, we can model the suspicions of jealous kings.

Back
Top Bottom