Search results for query: *

1. New TweakMB tweak: Choose quest from menu

CptAWatts22 said:
    Ah ok. Is there any other way I can enable this?

For a mod, no, not easily.  This particular tweak is not a "normal" tweak where you're just taking one number and changing it to a different number.  To get this tweak to work, you have to add a whole pile of custom code to the conversations.txt file, and the code you add would have to be different for each individual mod.

That said, the tweak could theoretically be made to work with any mod, but only if you know what you're doing and have the time and patience to make it work.  It also helps a lot if you have the source code for the mod and can compile the changes yourself.
  2. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

This may sound dumb coming from the developer of TweakMB, but does TweakMB still work decently?  I honestly haven't kept up with the M&B "scene" for the last year or two, and I haven't actually played M&B in quite some time.  The last thing I remember working on was an update to add Viking Conquest support, but obviously I never got it completely done.

Is the M&B community still pretty active?  I'm wondering if it's worth taking the time to get TweakMB up to date with the latest and greatest of the M&B world.
  3. New TweakMB tweak: Choose quest from menu

CptAWatts22 said:
    Hello, sorry for bringing back an old post. I was wondering, can I add this to other mods such as Brytenwalda? When I click on the spoilers nothing shows up. Is there supposed to be code there?

Thanks

No - that particular tweak is designed specifically for Native.  It will not work for anything else.  Honestly I don't know if it even works with the current version of Native anymore (I haven't tested it in ages).  The "spoilers" were just screenshots (which apparently aren't there anymore!).
  4. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

kraggrim said:
    Cool  :smile:. Are you planning on adding new tweaks for VC or just making the existing ones compatible?

Initially it will probably just be a compatibility update.  To be honest, I've hardly played VC at all, so I'm not very familiar with the new features.
  5. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Hey guys, just wanted to hop in with my periodic "TweakMB isn't dead" post.  Well okay, it's been in a coma for a while (has it really been 2 years since the last update?), but it's still in the back of my mind.  I do still plan to release a Viking Conquest update, as well as updates for ACOK and PoP 3.7.  Unfortunately the work I did on the original VC version is likely completely useless now, as VC has undergone several major updates since then.  Hopefully some of it is still salvageable though.

I don't want to throw out any release dates, as I'm becoming notorious for promising a timeframe and then utterly failing to actually deliver.  I am promising that I will work on it and will continue to work on it until a release is ready, so check back from time to time  :mrgreen:
  6. Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

KLear said:
    kefka95 said:
    Just to give you a heads-up, I'm more or less done adding VC support to TweakMB, and with any luck will release an updated version this week sometime.  By "more or less", I mean it's going to be very limited - there are entire sections of tweaks that will be disabled.  For example, none of the tweaks for morale, quests, reinforcements, etc, are going to be available initially due to some of the changes VC makes to the modules.  I think I can get pretty much all of the necessary code reverse-engineered if I really wanted to, but it's just really tedious and time-consuming to do, even with a decompiler.

That said, hopefully it will be better than nothing!

=========
    Any more news on the Viking Conquest support? :smile:

The Viking Conquest update as-is has been pretty much done for a while.  I've been hesitant to release it due to the fact that I believe the update will be a bit of a disappointment, specifically because of how many tweaks are not currently supported, and I hate to release a half-hearted update.

The difficulty with VC is not so much finding the tweaks, it's more that so much has been changed since native that a lot of the standard tweaks just don't make sense.  For example, the classic morale tweak is to change the "morale per leadership" value.  In VC, however, morale is not impacted by leadership, and so the existing tweak doesn't apply.  New VC-specific tweaks can be created that work with the VC morale calculations, but that takes just enough additional time that I haven't been able to get to it.  There are lots of other similar examples throughout the code.

In any case, perhaps I should just release it and let people gripe about it if they want to :roll:.
  7. Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

Just to give you a heads-up, I'm more or less done adding VC support to TweakMB, and with any luck will release an updated version this week sometime.  By "more or less", I mean it's going to be very limited - there are entire sections of tweaks that will be disabled.  For example, none of the tweaks for morale, quests, reinforcements, etc, are going to be available initially due to some of the changes VC makes to the modules.  I think I can get pretty much all of the necessary code reverse-engineered if I really wanted to, but it's just really tedious and time-consuming to do, even with a decompiler.

That said, hopefully it will be better than nothing!
  8. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

I do still intend to release an update for Viking Conquest and also the recent Warband patches.  I've been a little tied up recently, but it's definitely on the agenda!
  9. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Stylus said:
    I'm looking for a way to disable companion interaction in VC. Is there any way to do that?

There undoubtedly is, although I don't actually have VC yet.  It sounds like the release was a bit rocky, so I'm waiting for things to stabilize a bit before putting a lot of time into adding VC to TweakMB.
  10. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

AnnoyedCanuck said:
    Is TweakMB open source? Perhaps others could help with the development and update of this wonderful, irreplaceable tool?

I'm on Steam, and can't stop them from updating the game until TweakMB is ready. So I'm at version 1.161 which TweakMB does not support, which means I'm without TweakMB at the moment and it hurts.

I finally got around to firing up 1.161, and everything worked okay for me using the current TweakMB version.  It looks like a few of the "resting" tweaks need to be updated, but everything else seemed to be fine.  Are you sure you're using a clean 1.161 Native module?
  11. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Luth said:
    Yes im waiting the next update to Version 1.161 WB
    Tylerr said:
    can you fix for 1.161 please

As far as I know things should pretty much work with Native 1.161, as I don't think much changed with the last couple of Warband versions (just select the most recent Native version available in TweakMB).  Let me know if that's not the case.

Templar Teuton Hospitaler said:
    Hey guys. Tried using the program to add battle continuation to the Russian Civil War mod, but it wont allow me. Tried googling around. Is there a way I can manually add battle continuation, or somehow get it to work using this program?

Battle continuation will almost certainly not work with any mods.  The TweakMB version of that tweak replaces the entire mission_templates file, which is pretty much guaranteed to cause problems with anything that's not Native.  It could probably be made to work if you modified the file manually, but it won't work through TweakMB.

Harlus Slut said:
    Is the mod dead? Long time no updates, can't edit Floris 2.55 (crashes afterwards).

Not dead, just not any compelling reasons to update recently.  Like I mentioned earlier, I do plan to add support for A Clash of Kings, and presumably for the Viking Conquest DLC once that comes out.  Otherwise it's just a lot of waiting around for Bannerlord (which I'm guessing will not be "tweakable" in the same way as what we're used to, but we'll have to wait and see).
  12. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

6Death6Wish6 said:
    kefka95 said:
    Just a heads-up that I do plan on releasing a TweakMB update in the near future.  There will likely need to be an update for 1.161 (assuming it comes out soon), and I also plan to add support for A Clash of Kings and perhaps some other mods if I have time.  No promises on when, but it's been 9 months since the last update, so an update is probably overdue!
    Hi! First of all thank you for this awesome tool!! How is that next update with acok support coming along? Can't wait to get my companions staying with the party. I hate the fact that when they leave i can't (even travellers can't) find them anywhere after 200+ days.

I have to admit I haven't done much of anything with it yet.  Most of my programming time is going toward work-related projects at the moment, but once those things are done, I should have some time to sit down and crank out some TweakMB updates!
  13. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Just a heads-up that I do plan on releasing a TweakMB update in the near future.  There will likely need to be an update for 1.161 (assuming it comes out soon), and I also plan to add support for A Clash of Kings and perhaps some other mods if I have time.  No promises on when, but it's been 9 months since the last update, so an update is probably overdue!
  14. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

leonn said:
    greetings. im new here so apologies if this has already been asked.

does tweakmb allow you to fiddle with or disable 'moral loss due to party size' ? i really want to either lower or preferably disable it altogether. thanks in advance.

Unfortunately no, it does not currently.
  15. Any interest in a Mount & Blade IDE?

Thanks for the feedback.  I've already gotten started, although I wouldn't expect to see a working product for a while yet!
  16. Any interest in a Mount & Blade IDE?

Lately I've become somewhat intrigued with the notion of creating an IDE that's designed specifically for the Mount & Blade module system.  By IDE, I mean a code editor that features context-sensitive autocomplete, syntax error checking, auto-indent, operator definitions that are visible while...
  17. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Arrataz said:
    NOOOOOO! They broke it again with the latest patch! :sad:

Are you having issues with 1.160?  I confess I haven't even tried it yet.  However, my impression was that 1.160 basically just added some stuff for Steam Workshop, which I wouldn't expect to have any impact at all on TweakMB.  Could you clarify what kind of issues you're experiencing?
  18. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Michadr said:
    Hello,
    Does anybody know how to make this program work with a mod that it doesn't support?
    Tsubodai said:
    Similar question to above, will this work if I make my own mod?

If TweakMB does not specifically support a given mod, then some things will likely work, and some things will not.  It depends on how much the mod differs from Native.  For most tweaks, TweakMB does not dynamically "figure out" where the tweak is - it has to know exactly where to look in advance.  If the function that contains a particular tweak is unchanged from Native, then there is a good chance the tweak will work.  If that same function is modified, however, then there is a good chance the tweak will not work unless TweakMB is specifically updated to support that particular mod.

EDIT:  The easiest way to find out if TweakMB works with a particular mod is to try it and see what happens.  If it crashes your game or has unintended side effects, then you can simply restore the backed up text files.  TweakMB cannot permanently break your game, so it doesn't hurt to try.
  19. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

adrianovalle23 said:
    b9AcE said:
    adrianovalle23:
    I changed the option and compared the files in TweakMB's backup with the native files using UltraCompare in Directory Mode.
    The only file that had changed was "menus.txt".
    Hope that helps.

Ah, wish I understood that stuff better. Welp, thanks for the answer.

You can also use the "Tweak Viewer" button within TweakMB to get an exact location of each tweak (assuming it's available for the current module).
  20. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

TweakMB v5.09 was released today with support for Native 1.158.  Sorry it took me so long to get this one out!

5.09 (12.29.13)
    • Support added for Native 1.158
Back
Top Bottom