TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello!

I am tired of mods where enemy armies are huge. I'd like to use TweakMB or some other tool to edit enemy lord armies but unfortunately those sections are "gray" and unable to edit them. I tried to do manual editing of scripts but got confused as it didn't look the same in the mods as in the thread about scripts.txt.

Any advice?

I'm having trouble editing merchants' gold in Floris Mod (2.54 or 2.55, doesn't matter).  When I pull up the menu where the 4 merchants should be listed (as confirmed on the native module), the menu is empty with nothing to edit.  Does TweakMB support merchant gold editing for Floris Mod?  If not, does anyone know how to edit it manually?

Just in case it helps anyone. I was able to run this on Linux through Wine using version 1.6.2 using a new 32-bit prefix with the following winetricks installed:
corefonts
dotnet40
jet40
mdac27
msvcirt
msxml3

Overall, it works well using the Native 1.158 profile even though I am running Warband version 1.168 from steam.

Hey guys, just wanted to hop in with my periodic "TweakMB isn't dead" post.  Well okay, it's been in a coma for a while (has it really been 2 years since the last update?), but it's still in the back of my mind.  I do still plan to release a Viking Conquest update, as well as updates for ACOK and PoP 3.7.  Unfortunately the work I did on the original VC version is likely completely useless now, as VC has undergone several major updates since then.  Hopefully some of it is still salvageable though.

I don't want to throw out any release dates, as I'm becoming notorious for promising a timeframe and then utterly failing to actually deliver.  I am promising that I will work on it and will continue to work on it until a release is ready, so check back from time to time  :mrgreen:

kraggrim said:
Cool  :smile:. Are you planning on adding new tweaks for VC or just making the existing ones compatible?

Initially it will probably just be a compatibility update.  To be honest, I've hardly played VC at all, so I'm not very familiar with the new features.

To the Creator of TweakMB when you get around to updating it will you be adding in mods like Perisno and adding in a few new popular mods (not a heap of course just like 2 or 3 popular mods that aren't in TweakMB??)

kefka95 said:
Hey guys, just wanted to hop in with my periodic "TweakMB isn't dead" post.  Well okay, it's been in a coma for a while (has it really been 2 years since the last update?), but it's still in the back of my mind.  I do still plan to release a Viking Conquest update, as well as updates for ACOK and PoP 3.7.  Unfortunately the work I did on the original VC version is likely completely useless now, as VC has undergone several major updates since then.  Hopefully some of it is still salvageable though.

I don't want to throw out any release dates, as I'm becoming notorious for promising a timeframe and then utterly failing to actually deliver.  I am promising that I will work on it and will continue to work on it until a release is ready, so check back from time to time  :mrgreen:

Thank you very much for taking the time to drop by and show people you're still alive.
You did a fantastic work that is very much appreciated and it's nice to see that you're still in the world, after 2 years of work coma :smile:
Thank you for clarifying the progress of the situation and giving us hope for the tool udate.

Thank you very much and I'll be looking up for an update :smile:

Lord Ferdinand said:
There are no updates for 1.168 version?  :neutral:

engine changes often don't require updates for tweaks, as it is not a change on the mod/game code, just behind the scene stuff (most changes from 1.153->1.168 were for VC DLC)

Thank you... Long time I don't play Warband... I tried to use the latest version and loading 1.158 module, but everytime I close TweakMB and restard I must reload the module.
I have to keep open the program when I play the game?

Lord Ferdinand said:
Thank you... Long time I don't play Warband... I tried to use the latest version and loading 1.158 module, but everytime I close TweakMB and restard I must reload the module.
I have to keep open the program when I play the game?

open TweakMB
Make your changes
Save
Files on the module are updated (all those .txt like scripts.txt, etc depending on which tweaks you are using)
Should have a backup folder with old files (so you can restore them)
You can close TweakMB
Play the game (no need to use TweakMB again unless you want a new tweak applied)

I'm having problems with the conversation modifications the quest menu tweak creates (warband, current version). The menu itself works well, but some conversations are broken.

Thus far the only one I've seen that actually matters is arena masters who'll, when asked about tournament locations, will say "The tournament will be held at...." and then something that is completely unrelated (something about bandits in a village) instead of the current locations.

Has anyone experienced this, and perhaps would like to share a working conversations.txt? :smile:

Edit: It also seems to move around quest texts and put them in the wrong quest.

I am looking for a tool that makes the information in menus.txt more easily readable. I am especially interested in the options for character creation. Can this tool help me with that?

Hey is there any way this will work with AWOIF coz it aint at the moment, I use the Brytenwalda module 1.4 which what it is and then it never loads it up  :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom