Search results for query: *

• Users: Northcott
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Northcott

Returning to Bannerlord

I picked up the game as soon it was available and played the Hell out of it during the early, super-buggy phase. It didn't bother me that it was a mess -- we all knew we were getting into an Early Release situation. Fun was had, life caught up with me, and I ended up dropping the game...
  2. Northcott

Latest update go boom?

This isn't a bug report -- I plan to make that in the appropriate forum. I'm just wondering who else has had the game crash hard since the last update? I've had only minor bugs until now, but with this last update the game is literally unplayable: loaded up my save, and the first click to move...
  3. Northcott

Battanian Archers

I realize a few people have brought up their beefs with this already, but I'd like to add my voice to the chorus along with some reasoning. I'll break it down into points to keep things more concise and organized. 1) Playing a game where Battania is left to its own devices, it rarely does...
  4. Northcott

Slow skill growth & character background

While it now seems that the slow growth in skill was a bug in the math of how advancement was meant to be calculated, I"m thinking there's some possible merit to slow skill growth. As Bannerlord seems to have the potential for multi-generational play, a character's career may be quite long. Slow...
  5. Northcott

Leadership advancement

Leadership needs to advance from leading troops into battle. That it currently only seems to do so when you have a subordinate raise a force is counter-intuitive; your companion is doing the leading, in that case. Whether you're leading five new recruits in as a newbie, or leading a force of...
  6. Northcott

Early Retirement

I've gotta say, I do love the new reward system for tournaments. Sometimes it's underwhelming (and the recent armour tweak that made the heavily armoured, expensive bear fur mantle suddenly just have the stats of a fur mantle is a prime example of that), but usually it's very cool, flavourful...
  7. Northcott

Couched lance tips?

Alright, this is bloody embarrassing for someone who's been playing this game since the old M&B days... but in Bannerlord I can't hit the broad side of a barn with a couched lance. Well, that's not true. The enemy's horses die all the time (after I gave up trying to hit the riders)... I just...
  8. Northcott

Resolved Spy Party

Ran into an odd little twist with this quest. At first I had the problem of none of the three competitors matching the description that was being given. So I gambled, made a save game, got one to duel... and when it turned out they weren't the spy, reloaded and tried again. Except when I...
  9. Northcott

Random Companions

I've read that the current batch of companions are randomly generated. I'm curious what everybody else ended up with! Mine are almost all Sturgians and Imperials, with four Battanians in there. No other cultures. And they're bad. I think two of them have scouting (one fairly low), and two have...
  10. Northcott

Resolved 'Neutral' enemies/minor factions

I joined up with the Battanians as a Merc, and the Battanians are getting curbstomped by the Northern Empire. I get the notification that one of the Lords I'm trying to curry favour with has been taken prisoner by one of the Empire's wandering merc groups/minor factions; the Legion of the...
  11. Northcott

Resolved Skill Tree oddities

I'm going to try and create a master thread to gather all the oddities and broken features of the various skill trees in the game. If you find something that's not in this list, please feel free to post it below and I'll edit this original post to incorporate the new elements. This is not a...
  12. Northcott

Need More Info 1.0.2 - Campaign Map won't rotate

Apparently the campaign map will no longer rotate when the right mouse button is held down. It'll twitch a little, but the map is locked on true north and won't move. Edit: kept playing, regardless. After about an hour and 3-4 more skirmishes, suddenly it's working again.
  13. Northcott

Weapon/Target collision mesh issues

I wasn't able to find another thread on this one. I'm not sure if this is game wide, or if it's restricted to the initial training area and training weapons, but I had thought this issue would have been resolved after the ongoing problem with this in the prior M&B games. Weapons should not be...
  14. Northcott

AI work-around?

Has anybody figured a way to work around the buggy AI? I'm finding that it's even buggier than Vanilla where archers are concerned. At least in Vanilla, the Companions would actually use bows they were given. As it is, I have Ganbataar in the party, and during field battles, as a Horse Archer...
  15. Northcott

Minister?

Have any of you acquired a minister for your holdings? I've gotten a couple castles, but only get offered the Chamberlain or the Constable. I've yet to see a Minister among my demense's officials.
  16. Northcott

Lucky, Lucky England

I've got two characters running around in this mod. The first is an English Lord, and sweet damn, but do the English have trouble keeping peace! Between the Gaelic Kingdoms, the Welsh, the Scots, the French, and periodically Navarre, Aragon, etc (since taking Bordeaux) declaring war, I don't...
  17. Northcott

Carrickabraghey Castle -- a sadist's dream!

I just played through the siege of this place -- what a nightmare!  It's a well-designed castle with dual gates, a deadly archer set-up, boiling oil traps, and a hell of a choke point that quickly turns into a meat-grinder when facing those deadly Irish axemen.  England brought an army of over...
  18. Northcott

Pencil Neck!

So I've decided to torture myself by taking another crack at monkeying with armour. I rather expect I'll be gnashing my teeth a lot in the next couple of weeks. Even better, I've decided for something not-so-simple -- a figure that would make a fine Conan-ish character, a berserker troop, etc. ...
  19. Northcott

Looking for a helping hand.

I've made mention lately of the stairs in Curaw's siege scene, and how they're bugged. The set I'm talking about isn't in the image below; it's the set to the right. Whoever designed the area didn't raise the steps enough, and so it requires bots to 'jump' to get over the final step... which, as...
  20. Northcott

Curaw in Warband

If further fixes or updates are to be prepared for Warband, there's one in particular I'd like to see: fixing the stairs in the siege of Curaw.  As it is, there are two staircases that the NPCs will try to run up to join the battle when the defender's reinforcements arrive. One of those stairs...
Back
Top Bottom