Lucky, Lucky England

Users who are viewing this thread

I've got two characters running around in this mod.

The first is an English Lord, and sweet damn, but do the English have trouble keeping peace! Between the Gaelic Kingdoms, the Welsh, the Scots, the French, and periodically Navarre, Aragon, etc (since taking Bordeaux) declaring war, I don't think England's had a day of peace in a year of game time.

Switch over to my second character, a Gaelic merc who has travelled all over the known world, but chiefly worked as a merc for the Gaelic Kingdoms... and England is challenged by nobody. England keeps declaring war on the Gaelic Kingdoms every chance it gets (I've brokered peace twice, giving the Gaels a chance to recover), and they've repeatedly been the aggressor in diplomatic tiffs with other nations (A town in England has kidnapped a girl from X...), but nobody will declare war on England. As a result, England continues to chip away at the Gaels, grow in strength, and hasn't had to worry about France, Scotland, Wales, or anybody else for that matter.

Bloody lucky English!

The point of all this? It's funny how the little twists in randomization affect the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom