Search results for query: *

1. Lord Kinlar

Dev Blog 20/06/19

Bjorn The Hound said:
    As you can see, I never said anything about husband or wife but the Lords you have good relationship will raid your village if your faction is at war with theirs. I don't see what is immersion breaking here. Like the kings you have good relationship declares war upon on you as soon as when you self proclaimed yourself as a king since it is only logical thing to do and this is just politics.

If your friends and lovers actively try to harm you, then they cannot stay as your friends or lovers forever, neither can the kings who declare war upon you. Mind you, THAT is what happens in real life. The developers have basically two options, they can either keep the relationship values intact and prevent them from harming you in any way, depending on the degree of your friendship, or let them do whatever they want at the cost of degrading the relationship between them and you.

I hope every gameplay mechanic would work the same way for both the player and the AI lords in Bannerlord. The lack of it has been a major issue with Warband's single player.
  2. Lord Kinlar

Dev Blog 20/06/19

Bjorn The Hound said:
    Lord Kinlar said:
    In Warband, the AI lords may raid every single village on the map and unlike the player, they can still recruit soldiers from those villages, in other words, they don't get the relation hit that the player gets for their evil actions. Not only that, but if the player raids their villages, he/she gets a relation hit with the owner, but if it's the other way around, in other words, if the AI lords raid the player's village, their relationships with the player stay intact, which makes no sense. Is the player assumed to be perfectly fine with that? In short, there are no consequences for the evil actions of the AI lords.

In Warband, Lords don't recruit soldiers in villages. They go to their castle and their soldiers just increase there. So there is no recruitment mechanic for AI lords in Warband.

Wrong. This is from the module system of 1.171:

in module_dialogues:

[anyone,"lord_tell_objective", [
      (party_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop_party", slot_party_ai_state, spai_visiting_village)],
      "We are recruiting new soldiers from {s1}. {s14}{s15}", "lord_pretalk",
      [(party_get_slot, ":ai_object", "$g_talk_troop_party", slot_party_ai_object),
        (str_store_party_name, s1, ":ai_object")]],

in module_scripts, this is called by the script "party_set_ai_state":

#Currently called from process_ai_state, could be called from elsewhere
      #It is used for lord to (1)Court ladies (2)Collect rents (3)Look for volunteers
      ("troop_does_business_in_center",
    #Recruit volunteers
        (try_begin),
    (is_between, ":center_no", villages_begin, villages_end),

(party_get_slot, ":troop_type", ":center_no", slot_center_npc_volunteer_troop_type),
            (party_get_slot, ":troop_amount", ":center_no", slot_center_npc_volunteer_troop_amount),
            (party_set_slot, ":center_no", slot_center_npc_volunteer_troop_amount, -1),
          (party_add_members, ":led_party", ":troop_type", ":troop_amount"),
        (try_end),

Lords do recruit soldiers from villages unless their party is completely destroyed. Except, the script completely ignores the relationship between the center and the AI lord, quite possibly the relationship is not even taken into account or stored anywhere in the game.

Bjorn The Hound said:
    Lord Kinlar said:
    There's also the fact that good relationships between the player and the AI lords have absolutely no effect on their actions, they don't even reconsider before raiding their friend's village, and things get even more strange if you play a female character. Even your husband may raid your villages and you may have to fight with him. Again, none of these make any sense at all.

Yes, you are just a friend to that lord but his faction is at war with your faction. What do you expect? I see no immersion breaking point there imo.

What do I expect? I expect that they would behave in a realistic manner. For instance what happens when you've caught your husband raiding your village,

- "What the hell are you doing?!"
    - "We are raiding this village."
    - "Surrender or die, ex-husband!"

Yeah, totally makes sense, not immersion breaking at all.
  3. Lord Kinlar

Mount & Blade - Old Versions

The Bowman said:
    http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1170.exe

There's a very hacky way of downloading any version you want. Just copy the download link of any Warband installer in the search bar, and then type the version number you need. :razz:

I had this thread bookmarked a while ago and this method worked at the time but it no longer does, I get a 404 error on all three download servers. Does anybody know any other method to download the older versions of Warband or are they gone forever?
  4. Lord Kinlar

Dev Blog 20/06/19

In Warband, the AI lords may raid every single village on the map and unlike the player, they can still recruit soldiers from those villages, in other words, they don't get the relation hit that the player gets for their evil actions. Not only that, but if the player raids their villages, he/she gets a relation hit with the owner, but if it's the other way around, in other words, if the AI lords raid the player's village, their relationships with the player stay intact, which makes no sense. Is the player assumed to be perfectly fine with that? In short, there are no consequences for the evil actions of the AI lords.

There's also the fact that good relationships between the player and the AI lords have absolutely no effect on their actions, they don't even reconsider before raiding their friend's village, and things get even more strange if you play a female character. Even your husband may raid your villages and you may have to fight with him. Again, none of these make any sense at all.

I hope Bannerlord properly and realistically deals with these kind of scenarios, otherwise it's going to be a huge disappointment for me.

5. Lord Kinlar

AI armies circling each other on the battlefield in single player

Instead of doing bug hunting, I replaced the whole battle_tactic_apply_aux script with the one from the original M&B. No problems so far, seems to be working just fine.  No flanking. Though the enemy seems to approach a little faster. :smile:

I spoke too early. Clearly needs a little more modification. :smile:

Thanks again for the tips.

6. Lord Kinlar

Hello again Caba`drin

This looks like the part in battle_tactic_apply_aux responsible for the flanking move...

Code:
            (eq, ":battle_tactic", btactic_follow_leader),
            (team_get_leader, ":ai_leader", ":team_no"),
            (try_begin),
              (ge, ":ai_leader", 0),
              (agent_is_alive, ":ai_leader"),
              (agent_set_speed_limit, ":ai_leader", 9),
              (call_script, "script_team_get_average_position_of_enemies", ":team_no"),
              (copy_position, pos60, pos0),
              (agent_get_position, pos61, ":ai_leader"),
              (position_transform_position_to_local, pos62, pos61, pos60), #pos62 = vector to enemy w.r.t leader
              (position_normalize_origin, ":distance_to_enemy", pos62),
              (convert_from_fixed_point, ":distance_to_enemy"),
              (assign, reg17, ":distance_to_enemy"),
              (position_get_x, ":dir_x", pos62),
              (position_get_y, ":dir_y", pos62),
              (val_mul, ":dir_x", 23),
              (val_mul, ":dir_y", 23), #move 23 meters
              (position_set_x, pos62, ":dir_x"),
              (position_set_y, pos62, ":dir_y"),

(position_transform_position_to_parent, pos63, pos61, pos62), #pos63 is 23m away from leader in the direction of the enemy.
              (position_set_z_to_ground_level, pos63),

(team_give_order, ":team_no", grc_everyone, mordr_hold),
              (team_set_order_position, ":team_no", grc_everyone, pos63),

Can't claim that I understand what exactly this whole code does, but am I wrong in thinking that the following would move the AI army diagonally rather than straight?

(val_mul, ":dir_x", 23),
              (val_mul, ":dir_y", 23), #move 23 meters

7. Lord Kinlar

Aww that's too bad. I'm still on 1.134.  :smile:

I'm sure you've had some experience with this, is the stand ground tactic below any different from hold? Does it actually work?

Code:
    #battle tactics
    btactic_hold = 1
    btactic_follow_leader = 2
    btactic_charge = 3
    btactic_stand_ground = 4

Found something, I'd say, not well thought of.

Code:
    (neq, ":enemy_faction_no", "fac_kingdom_3"), #don't let khergits use battle tactics

Here's a potential "huge single line of horses" problem for you, if a Khergit lord changes his faction.  :smile:

8. Lord Kinlar

Thanks, much appreciated. I'll experiment with the code.

What about the other problem though, where my troops form a line which is almost perpendicular (instead of being parallel) to the enemy's? It often occurs in sieges (happens also in field battles) when I tell them to hold their position and form ranks on the field in front of the city/town walls. Is that also governed by a script?
  9. Lord Kinlar

Hi and thanks for your answer. So the "follow the leader" tactic is what forces the AI troops to form a huge single line and slowly move CCW towards my left and then inevitably collide with the map border? BTW, the same thing happens when I fight against a single AI army as well, without any other ally/enemy, just a team vs. another. Do you think there is a way to completely remove this "flanking" and just move them straight towards me? Which file in the module system deals with this stuff?

10. Lord Kinlar

Hello, I'm sure this is a well known problem in WB and perhaps it is already resolved in latest versions, but I've failed to find any specific thread or information about it.  I think one of the earlier patches of WB introduced this very annoying problem, where AI controlled armies (both...
  11. Lord Kinlar

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Effud said:
    [EDIT] Hmm, I don't have that line in conversation.txt.  The closest thing I have is line 432; this is it in its entirety:

"dlga_lord_give_troops:lord_pretalk 4095 242  0 Well,_I_could_use_some_good_soldiers._Thank_you.  160  1 2056 0". 

Is the tweak for Warblade?  I'm using the basic original game.

Sorry, my mistake. The tweak above is indeed for Warband and yes, that's the line for the original game and what you should do is almost the same. Just replace 2056 with 2043.

dlga_lord_give_troops:lord_pretalk 4095 242  0 Well,_I_could_use_some_good_soldiers._Thank_you.  160  1 2056 0
    dlga_lord_give_troops:lord_pretalk 4095 242  0 Well,_I_could_use_some_good_soldiers._Thank_you.  160  1 2043 0

Effud said:
    The solution I was imagining would have prevented NPCs accumulating prisoners, or would have enabled me to force a deletion of their prisoners; in retrospect, the added dialogue option you mentioned would be similar.  I wouldn't be afraid to try that too, if you don't mind sharing it.

I can't think of a way to prevent NPCs from taking prisoners and even if I thought of something, it could possibly break the game. Although, it is possible to write a trigger that runs, say every hour, and removes all the regular type of prisoners from NPC parties, but I don't have the module system for the original game, so I have to leave that to somebody else, sorry.

12. Lord Kinlar

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

@Effud:

Would you like to be able to take their prisoners from them? I mean, would something like that solve your problem? Perhaps after taking their prisoners, you may release/sell them yourself. It is possible to do that by changing the operation type used in conversation.txt from change_screen_give_members to change_screen_exchange_members. The following change should work. Just replace the red numbers with the blue ones. It also allows you to give/take troops from the lord's party.

dlga_lord_give_troops:lord_pretalk 4095 479  0 Well,_I_could_use_some_good_soldiers._Thank_you.  157  1 2056 1 144115188075855993 NO_VOICEOVER

dlga_lord_give_troops:lord_pretalk 4095 479  0 Well,_I_could_use_some_good_soldiers._Thank_you.  157  1 2043 2 0 144115188075855993 NO_VOICEOVER

It is also possible to tell them to release their prisoners by adding an additional dialogue option, but that would probably be harder to do for you.

13. Lord Kinlar

On the oldest Mount and Blade there is...

Another list of older versions, in case the links are broken in the above.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,56836.0.html
  14. Lord Kinlar

Yes, it's clearly the same sampler/synth/software, or whatever it is. The rhythm used in the DC track and first Severance track is absolutely the same and the piano sound they used in all of these music is the same. I'm sure I've heard many other variations of these music on crappy b-movies and tv series as well.

It's like the door opening sound of Doom I & II, or the scream of the falling Stormtrooper in Star Wars IV (or the Haradrim soldier in the LoTR-RoTK), they use the same sound effects in all kinds of places. :smile:

PS. Perhaps it's just me, but despite the use of the same sound package, the music of Severance sounds terrible when compared to the other two.
  15. Lord Kinlar

Ringwraith #5 said:
    I could swear I've heard the Ambush track in Severance: Blade of Darkness.
    A very similar tune is also played in Dark Colony (an old RTS game or PC).

Listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwtMfm8E3Q8

I don't know, perhaps the composers used the same sampler and that's why their tunes sound similar.
  16. Lord Kinlar

Started playing M&B at v0.96 and have never played Warrider before, but it sure sounds interesting. BTW, I am also one of the few admirers of the old music. It was one of reasons that made me love the game.
  17. Lord Kinlar

You may try my "buying gifts" tweak. There is a link to it on the first page.
  18. Lord Kinlar

How to stop companions levelling up?

Why don't you change the XP multiplier for heroes to zero in module.ini (of the mod you play) and see what happens?

hero_xp_multiplier = 0.0;

Haven't tried it myself, so I don't know if this works or not.
  19. Lord Kinlar

SP Native On-the-fly Battle Size Changer v0.1a (for M&B 1.011 & M&B Warband v1.134)

KrAfTeRz said:
    Great idea being able to change the battle size on the fly. Unfortunately, both the links for the original M&B have been deleted and only the RS link remains for Warband - are you able to upload the original again? Cheers.

I myself needed these a minute ago and indeed I could only get the one for WB on rapidshare. I don't have the one for M&B on the machine I'm currently using, but I will upload them again when I have the opportunity.

FYI, just tested the one for WB 1.134 on Win7 and it runs perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom