Extreme and unusual lag in certain battles.

Users who are viewing this thread

The problem lies in formations, when fighting in a forest with formations turned on. Some computers are going to lag. Simply turn formations of and thats it.

scn_random_scene_XXXX_forest.sco files (906k size) were bugged in 1.011, and I guess they are still bugged in WB.

Try replace them with their scn_random_scene_XXXX.sco variety (backing up originals of course) and see what happens

GetAssista said:
scn_random_scene_XXXX_forest.sco files (906k size) were bugged in 1.011, and I guess they are still bugged in WB.

Try replace them with their scn_random_scene_XXXX.sco variety (backing up originals of course) and see what happens

Thanks for the idea. This seems to have worked for me, so far at least.

UPDATE: The same terrain that used to lag horribly, now plays just fine. I also recommend the solution above.

On lagging scenes, sometimes you notice that your troops or enemies get stuck on the ground and cannot move. I mean, they look like either they run around in circles or trying to go left and right continuously to get out of the point where they are stuck. Clearly there's something wrong with either the scene itself or something related to path finding.

BTW, sorry for the bump.

Ummm, sorry but i have frame down on warband too in forest+mountain.
And a new lag in during the battle that all thing got stop for some sec and in this stop some times i got hited by enemy  :sad:.

im having the same problem too, mostly in medium size battles. but whats weird is it doesnt  lag in battles like 642 men, i think they forests and the trees are the problem.  :evil:  :evil: :sad: :cry:

jatexsiron said:
im having the same problem too, mostly in medium size battles. but whats weird is it doesnt  lag in battles like 642 men, i think they forests and the trees are the problem.  :evil:  :evil: :sad: :cry:

For the original Mount & Blade (not Warband) you should definitely try this:

GetAssista said:

It fixes the problem discussed in this thread.

BTW, these two files can be found in SceneObj folder (e.g. Modules\Native\SceneObj).

Lord Kinlar said:
jatexsiron said:

For the original Mount & Blade (not Warband) you should definitely try this:

GetAssista said:

It fixes the problem discussed in this thread.

BTW, these two files can be found in SceneObj folder (e.g. Modules\Native\SceneObj).

Ok do what with the files exactly?

First, rename or delete the following files in SceneObj folder, these are the bugged files and you won't need them.

scn_random_scene_plain_forest.sco (906 KB)
scn_random_scene_snow_forest.sco (906 KB)
scn_random_scene_steppe_forest.sco (906 KB)

Now create a copy of the following files:

scn_random_scene_plain.sco (1 KB)
scn_random_scene_snow.sco (1 KB)
scn_random_scene_steppe.sco (1 KB)

Now rename them as the first three above by adding _forest before the .sco extension. Ultimately, you should have the following files in that directory:

scn_random_scene_plain.sco (1 KB) (Original)
scn_random_scene_snow.sco (1 KB) (Original)
scn_random_scene_steppe.sco (1 KB) (Original)
scn_random_scene_plain_forest.sco (1 KB)  (Copy)
scn_random_scene_snow_forest.sco (1 KB) (Copy)
scn_random_scene_steppe_forest.sco (1 KB) (Copy)

What we need is to get rid of those 906 KB files and use copies of 1 KB ones instead of them.

Hope this clears up the thing a bit more.

I have to say: Thank You Lord Kinlar  :grin:

This really solved my problems and makes M&B PoP3 really enjoyable  :mrgreen:

so, if i understand this right, basically, when ever something calls a random scene that should be with a forest, it's just using the un-forested version?

akuthia said:
so, if i understand this right, basically, when ever something calls a random scene that should be with a forest, it's just using the un-forested version?

Yes, but you still get forest, maybe not as dense as it used to be. Try it. You won't notice any difference except a better performance in maps which used to lag horribly.

So what do people with warband do? I'm getting this stutter-problem all the time, and it's making the game completely unplayable for me :sad:
Doesn't help that other weirdness puts itself on top either, like my 102 archers insisting on standing in a thin line perpendicular to the enemies, resulting in complete and utter doom. (Since only a few of the men are able to fire past eachother...)

Lord Kinlar said:
First, rename or delete the following files in SceneObj folder, these are the bugged files and you won't need them.

scn_random_scene_plain_forest.sco (906 KB)
scn_random_scene_snow_forest.sco (906 KB)
scn_random_scene_steppe_forest.sco (906 KB)

Now create a copy of the following files:

scn_random_scene_plain.sco (1 KB)
scn_random_scene_snow.sco (1 KB)
scn_random_scene_steppe.sco (1 KB)

Now rename them as the first three above by adding _forest before the .sco extension. Ultimately, you should have the following files in that directory:

scn_random_scene_plain.sco (1 KB) (Original)
scn_random_scene_snow.sco (1 KB) (Original)
scn_random_scene_steppe.sco (1 KB) (Original)
scn_random_scene_plain_forest.sco (1 KB)  (Copy)
scn_random_scene_snow_forest.sco (1 KB) (Copy)
scn_random_scene_steppe_forest.sco (1 KB) (Copy)

What we need is to get rid of those 906 KB files and use copies of 1 KB ones instead of them.

Hope this clears up the thing a bit more.

This absolutely works in warband also. 

I have a saved game that I had played probably 50 times.......  It's an early fight, just me and my companions, so 9 vs 14 steppe bandits where I was working to get better at horse archery.  It was just the right size fight for practicing, where it was super hard, but I thought I had a chance to win.  Anyway, I digress.......  Like I say, I played it probably 50 times, with battle lag every single time.  Immediately following making this change I played it again without ONE SINGLE SECOND of lag.  Not even the tiniest bit.

There is however a 4th file in warband that is 906kb and has the name forest in it.

sc_random_scene_desert_forest.sco

Back
Top Bottom