Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, I read the first page and the last one and did not see anything about it so I was wondering if any of these are compatible with Warband.

Aemond said:
Hi, I read the first page and the last one and did not see anything about it so I was wondering if any of these are compatible with Warband.
Some are but as far as I know nobody made a list.

There is a TweakMB program that can be downloaded for warband.  You tell the program what mods you are using (only certain ones appear to be covered) and then enter the tweaks desired.

Greetings!
First of all I'm new here and I'd like to thank everybody for the lovely tweaks but even thought I went through all the tweaks here I couldn't really find the one I needed. I was wondering if there's a tweak that will top your reputation with your vassals or other lords to 100 or to stop you from losing reputation with your vassals whenever you grant a fief to another vassal? Right now I find dealing with the vassals more difficult than taking over lands. If anyone could help me with that that'd be great. Thank you in advance.

When you rebel and take a castle or town for yourself, your kingdom will get named "Kingdom of The [Faction name] Rebels".

I was wondering if it's possible to customise the name of my kingdom. I'm talking about the original mount and blade game ofcourse.

Not sure if this is something that could be fixed by a tweak (original game), but as marshall I continuously lead a train of lords around the map to deal with incursions by our enemies.  Over the course of untold battles, each party has accumulated prisoners.  I am free to stop at any town and hopefully find a ransom broker to sell the prisoners to, or we can make a side trip to my castle and I can dump them in the prison tower.  However, the lords who are following me don't seem to be able to do the same (I think the AI is structured so that lords just hold onto prisoners until they are defeated, at which time the prisoners are released).  The problem is that we travel nowhere fast, and I have to frequently stop and wait for the lords to catch up, a situation probably not helped by the fact that each one of them is dragging along a large number of prisoners (sometimes as many as there are soldiers in the party).  Is there a way to force them to "dump" the prisoners?  I'm not hoping for a way to make money from them, I just want them to follow me faster.  Alternatively, is there a tweak to limit the number of prisoners they can carry, or a tweak to prevent them from taking prisoners?  Reducing the number of prisoners per PM point isn't a solution (assuming that affects NPCs), because that would negatively affect my character.

@Effud:

Would you like to be able to take their prisoners from them? I mean, would something like that solve your problem? Perhaps after taking their prisoners, you may release/sell them yourself. It is possible to do that by changing the operation type used in conversation.txt from change_screen_give_members to change_screen_exchange_members. The following change should work. Just replace the red numbers with the blue ones. It also allows you to give/take troops from the lord's party.

dlga_lord_give_troops:lord_pretalk 4095 479  0 Well,_I_could_use_some_good_soldiers._Thank_you.  157  1 2056 1 144115188075855993 NO_VOICEOVER

dlga_lord_give_troops:lord_pretalk 4095 479  0 Well,_I_could_use_some_good_soldiers._Thank_you.  157  1 2043 2 0 144115188075855993 NO_VOICEOVER

It is also possible to tell them to release their prisoners by adding an additional dialogue option, but that would probably be harder to do for you.

@Lord Kinlar

It's not what I was asking for exactly, but it is a solution and it is welcomed.  Thanks, I'll try that. 

The solution I was imagining would have prevented NPCs accumulating prisoners, or would have enabled me to force a deletion of their prisoners; in retrospect, the added dialogue option you mentioned would be similar.  I wouldn't be afraid to try that too, if you don't mind sharing it.

[EDIT] Hmm, I don't have that line in conversation.txt.  The closest thing I have is line 432; this is it in its entirety:

"dlga_lord_give_troops:lord_pretalk 4095 242  0 Well,_I_could_use_some_good_soldiers._Thank_you.  160  1 2056 0". 

Is the tweak for Warblade?  I'm using the basic original game.

Effud said:
[EDIT] Hmm, I don't have that line in conversation.txt.  The closest thing I have is line 432; this is it in its entirety:

"dlga_lord_give_troops:lord_pretalk 4095 242  0 Well,_I_could_use_some_good_soldiers._Thank_you.  160  1 2056 0". 

Is the tweak for Warblade?  I'm using the basic original game.

Sorry, my mistake. The tweak above is indeed for Warband and yes, that's the line for the original game and what you should do is almost the same. Just replace 2056 with 2043.

dlga_lord_give_troops:lord_pretalk 4095 242  0 Well,_I_could_use_some_good_soldiers._Thank_you.  160  1 2056 0
dlga_lord_give_troops:lord_pretalk 4095 242  0 Well,_I_could_use_some_good_soldiers._Thank_you.  160  1 2043 0

Effud said:
The solution I was imagining would have prevented NPCs accumulating prisoners, or would have enabled me to force a deletion of their prisoners; in retrospect, the added dialogue option you mentioned would be similar.  I wouldn't be afraid to try that too, if you don't mind sharing it.

I can't think of a way to prevent NPCs from taking prisoners and even if I thought of something, it could possibly break the game. Although, it is possible to write a trigger that runs, say every hour, and removes all the regular type of prisoners from NPC parties, but I don't have the module system for the original game, so I have to leave that to somebody else, sorry.

Perfectly understandable. What you've given me is awesome, thanks a bunch!

[EDIT]  Well, I made the edit to conversation.txt, and have been playing with that for a couple of weeks, but I don't see the option to give troops to any lord in any convo screen in the game under any circumstances.  I'm guessing that this change only works for new games, not save games, or requires another edit in this script (or another) to enable the change.  I don't see the string change_screen_give_members in this file, so if that is required it must be somewhere else, or may not exist in M&B 1.011.  I may be upgrading to Warband anyway, so I'll just deal with the slow entourage till then.

MageLord, first of all WOW. Finding and bookmarking your post has made my M&B experienced tweaked like a fine-tuned machine. So basically, second play-through, on the 800th day and I decided to rebel - now this is the only problem I haved faced with the modding/editing bit - your part on changing the name of the kingdom once rebelled - I messed it up, basically. Now, when I move my mouse over my factions' cities and castles, it says <UNRECONGNIZED TOKEN> IMPERIALS when I wanted Imperials all along. I tried changing out the code for <playername> and just writing in the faction there, no go. I guess there's no real way to change that once you've taken a city under that name, eh? I'll try the documents folder outside of the Native folder, characters, saves etc. Maybe there's something in there! Anyway sorry for the block of text, it's still early here is my excuse lol and THANKS!

celestialdebut said:
block of text
The tweak only works before the script was activated (when you rebelled), after that the name is saved in the save game file.
After that there are only two ways that the name could be changed:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Some mods (not native) allow you to activate the script again, for example you can overwrite the faction name with your character name in Custom Settlement.
So sorry, that is not applicable in your case.
[*]The faction name is saved in your save game files, it might be possible to edit it there.
First make a copy of your original file and then search the file for every occurrence of your faction name and replace it with something you like. The replacement text should be the same length as the original text as I don't know what happens when the file is shorter.
[/list]

i need  to make regular units  advance slowly . i know i need to  edit module ini

2.0;
regulars_xp_multiplier . what number i should put

I know this may not be a good place, but i have to ask if i can tweak something to add more arrows in my quiver, i would use some mod or program, but I currently have no internet. Which is why I am currently on a tablet

CommonUsername said:
I know this may not be a good place, but i have to ask if i can tweak something to add more arrows in my quiver, i would use some mod or program, but I currently have no internet. Which is why I am currently on a tablet
The number of arrows in a quiver can be changed in the file item_kinds1.txt with whatever text editor you want. Search for the item, the number of arrows ist the third last number (marked bold below)
itm_arrows Arrows Arrows 3  arrow 0  flying_missile 2305843009213693952  quiver 3458764513820540928  65541 2147483648 72 4398046511112 3.000000 160 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 95 30 257 0

itm_khergit_arrows Khergit_Arrows Khergit_Arrows 3  arrow_b 0  flying_missile 2305843009213693952  quiver_b 3458764513820540928  65541 1610612736 410 4398046511112 3.500000 30 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 95 30 259 0

itm_barbed_arrows Barbed_Arrows Barbed_Arrows 3  barbed_arrow 0  flying_missile 2305843009213693952  quiver_d 3458764513820540928  65541 1610612736 124 4398046511112 3.000000 70 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 95 30 258 0

itm_bodkin_arrows Bodkin_Arrows Bodkin_Arrows 3  piercing_arrow 0  flying_missile 2305843009213693952  quiver_c 3458764513820540928  65541 1610612736 350 4398046511112 3.000000 50 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 91 29 259 0
There are also tools to do this.

CommonUsername said:
Big thanks! Now my seige battles shall be amazing

I used one of the tweaks to let me access the storage duing a siege. This replenishes arrows (also your own quiver) without giving the enemy more arrows too

Anyone know where the Arena Melee settings are for Warband? I want to change the winning to 20 currency for killing 5, instead of the 5 you get from default. Not the tournament settings, those are fine. But arena melee is not worth doing at all, in its current state.

Back
Top Bottom