TDM: Playing VS Vlandia sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

I have an idea hear me out. You enable reflective team kill so they can't just randomly shoot everywhere.

Simple idea right? Oh right its taleworlds developing the game

Vlandian units need a good nerf.
1- Peasant class too cheap and looter perk too overpowered.
2- Vlandian units run too fast. (Like a dismounted vlandian light cavalry can outrun an aserai light infantry)
3- Crossbows load too fast and the damage is too much for siege/TDM, plus they are too accurate.
4- Vlandian knight is the best heavy cavalry, with their heavy armor, fast horse, so long lance and high health horse (Shouldn't Khuzait cavalry be the best, being cavalry based faction and all)

Vlandian units need a good nerf.
1- Peasant class too cheap and looter perk too overpowered.
2- Vlandian units run too fast. (Like a dismounted vlandian light cavalry can outrun an aserai light infantry)
3- Crossbows load too fast and the damage is too much for siege/TDM, plus they are too accurate.
4- Vlandian knight is the best heavy cavalry, with their heavy armor, fast horse, so long lance and high health horse (Shouldn't Khuzait cavalry be the best, being cavalry based faction and all)
IMO:
Peasant class too cheap and looter perk too overpowered. - Vlandia isnt the only ones with looter recruits, the other looters have better equipment.
Vlandian units run too fast. (Like a dismounted vlandian light cavalry can outrun an aserai light infantry) - sounds like the Aserai light infantry was NOT using the tribewarrior (I believe its called) perk that gives 5% speed
Crossbows load too fast and the damage is too much for siege/TDM, plus they are too accurate. - I agree, I feel the accuracy is slightly over the top. It may be realistic, but we are playing a game after all. I dont feel they reload too fast, I feel that archers re-draw too slow.
Vlandian knight is the best heavy cavalry, with their heavy armor, fast horse, so long lance and high health horse (Shouldn't Khuzait cavalry be the best, being cavalry based faction and all) - Agreed

Personally, I think that maybe its not about nerfing Vlandia but more about buffing the others accordingly. Vlandia is a nice reference for the, lets call it "optimal", in lack of better term.
Problem is all the different perks that I, please forgive me if Im wrong, think only few people know the actual bonuses for. They all have different names but they are the same stat, just in another slot or unit. I think it would be benefitial for many of you if you examined the perks a little bit more.

Last edited:
  1. Peasant Levy could actually use a slight buff, being somehow even worse than the Imperial Recruit and Sturgian Warrior at stabbing horses. As i've mentioned earlier, the Farmer Perk only exists "4 teh m33mz l0lz" and should never be picked for serious play. There are much better ways for TaleWorlds to put farming tools into the game and chose to not do any of those. That said, I would imagine reworking the farming tools would require a price increase from 80 to 90
    • Looter perk is actually a valid tactic in Skirmish games, since you're only gonna be spawning in with either your sickle/+9 armor or the Hammer (who even uses pickaxe?). That already has the downside of not having the kite shield out of the slight chance that you MIGHT pick up a dead player's shield before going to town on an unsuspecting enemy
  2. I actually haven't had the chance to test this myself, so no comment

3. Crossbows on Vlandia's heavy archers is even more ridiculous. I really don't think that a 24 armor unit should be allowed to one-hit bodyshot most infantry units in the game, which the Sharpshooter is capable of doing. Since you need the Hunter perk to get stronger ammo, there's the fact that you do damage 90-something damage to foot soldiers while also being able to delete cavalry from a distance. Oh, and lets say someone gets close enough to cut at you with their sword.

Your armor will allow you to forgive enough mistakes where you can take a few melee hits and still come out on top since the peasant will most likely have a weaker weapon in order to have armor similar to yours. This is why I have been saying that a generic longbow should be the Sharpshooter's default weapon while the Arbelist's upgrade crossbows should be a perk.

Point 3's as long as it is because you do so much damage that barely anything will ever get close to you, and you have enough armor to survive the few things that do.

4. I think the best heavy cavalry actually goes to Sturgia, since most lances are pretty similar to one another, while the having of the Bastard Axe means that if you get dismounted, you pretty much become a unit that's more or less similar to a heavy cavalry since most Cavalry Swords and the Vlandian Cavalry Mace are among the slowest one-handed weapons in the game and are thus unreliable at killing things. Khuzait's Lancer is still a solid pick, though the cost of being a menavalry is that your trading away the lance's stabbing range for the ability to kill archers easier.

Empire has a mean cav bastard axe as well as the longest pike-lance in the game. The Dragoon. Respect the Dragoon.

Speaking of, when this particular Empire Cav is dismounted, she can wreck havoc. I think this particular axe is the fastest axe in the game, 1 or 2-hand - or maybe this unit just have amazing melee stats though being very slow on foot. I feel that the speed could deffy be at least looked at, its incredible fast! Its the only strength of this unit though, once she gets dismounted... I like that there is cav you DONT want to dismount but maybe the speed of that axe is a little bit over the top, its rather hilarious...

Last edited:
Empire has a mean cav bastard axe as well as the longest pike-lance in the game.
It's also much more punishing to die as a Cataphract than as a Druzhinnik. Even if you get a lot of kills as the cataphract, you're most likely going to have to respawn as a Recruit, a unit that's so terribad that you're better off ragequitting the match if that's the only unit you can spawn as. Meanwhile, I think the Warrior's in an okay-ish position? I guess it all depends on what faction Sturgia is going up against, and the reason why it relates to how good a faction's heavy cavalry is is because you're going to have to spawn as as a peasant unit when you die as a prohibitively expensive unit.

Peasant is a meme and has no place in competitive skirmish. Rabble/Peasant classes on other factions that have a pike can be used to some effect. Why do you pretend to know what you are talking about? Sad!
I think he means casual skirmish play, which in NA, there is none.

Meanwhile, I think the Warrior's in an okay-ish position?
I dont know, they are really stronk for a tier 1 recruit if im honest. But then they are the viking factions and vikings were essentially farmers. Their tier 4 unit is kinda crap. I feel Sturgias tier 4 could get a tiny buff compared to the other tier 4 units, I think it lack a little bit behind if you compare improved armor and 5% movement perks with the other factions tier 4 with the same perks.

But hey, maybe thats the intention :smile:

I wish there was some kind of thread where one can read the vision of MP, the details, where we are going. How the finished MP game is suppose to play in terms of stats and all that fascinating jazz

I wish there was some kind of thread where one can read the vision of MP, the details, where we are going
I think i've mentioned what the vision TaleWorlds has based on their updates and balancing: they actually DON'T want a medieval combat game. Rather, they want a 2009 tacticool shooter straight but with a medieval aesthetic.

With all due respect for people who like the mode, but end of day, its just a DeathMatch, xDMs have never been actual competitive due to the nature of DM. The respawning... ?

With all due respect for people who like the mode, but end of day, its just a DeathMatch, xDMs have never been actual competitive due to the nature of DM. The respawning... ?

It isn't about competitive, they finally decided to balance the class system by gamemode and not doing it properly would mean it will be a waste.

I seriously don't get your obsession with competitive.

IMO:
Peasant class too cheap and looter perk too overpowered. - Vlandia isnt the only ones with looter recruits, the other looters have better equipment.
Vlandian units run too fast. (Like a dismounted vlandian light cavalry can outrun an aserai light infantry) - sounds like the Aserai light infantry was NOT using the tribewarrior (I believe its called) perk that gives 5% speed
Crossbows load too fast and the damage is too much for siege/TDM, plus they are too accurate. - I agree, I feel the accuracy is slightly over the top. It may be realistic, but we are playing a game after all. I dont feel they reload too fast, I feel that archers re-draw too slow.
Vlandian knight is the best heavy cavalry, with their heavy armor, fast horse, so long lance and high health horse (Shouldn't Khuzait cavalry be the best, being cavalry based faction and all) - Agreed

Personally, I think that maybe its not about nerfing Vlandia but more about buffing the others accordingly. Vlandia is a nice reference for the, lets call it "optimal", in lack of better term.
Problem is all the different perks that I, please forgive me if Im wrong, think only few people know the actual bonuses for. They all have different names but they are the same stat, just in another slot or unit. I think it would be benefitial for many of you if you examined the perks a little bit more.
You keep spamming my every comment under every thread, I dunno why you do that?

"Peasant class too cheap and looter perk too overpowered. - Vlandia isnt the only ones with looter recruits, the other looters have better equipment." -> Khuzait is the only other faction with looter perk and it's unit is not as good as vlandian peasant. Vlandian peasant's armor is so light, so they run much faster than other faction tier1 units even though their running speed seems same on stats. Also they cost 80, basically Vlandiands earn money by picking this class and dying.

"Vlandian units run too fast. (Like a dismounted vlandian light cavalry can outrun an aserai light infantry) - sounds like the Aserai light infantry was NOT using the tribewarrior (I believe its called) perk that gives 5% speed" -> Again you ignore the fact that aserai soldiers have very heavy weight armor on them, so each unit runs very slow even if their stats make it look like they run fast.

"Crossbows load too fast and the damage is too much for siege/TDM, plus they are too accurate. - I agree, I feel the accuracy is slightly over the top. It may be realistic, but we are playing a game after all. I dont feel they reload too fast, I feel that archers re-draw too slow." -> What I might add to this is that TW heavily nerfed bows at some update, while not touching crossbow much. And also the speed issue again with this unit. They are the fastest running elite ranged units, even running faster than fians, which were intended to be great runners, since battania is infantry based faction.

"Vlandian knight is the best heavy cavalry, with their heavy armor, fast horse, so long lance and high health horse (Shouldn't Khuzait cavalry be the best, being cavalry based faction and all) - Agreed" -> Vlandian knight is the same price as aserai mamlukes, while having almost double their armor, longer lance and bigger shield. They need to visit balancing cavalries again, arrange horse speeds, horse health in a consistent way.

What pisses me off is, you are very aware of the imbalance issues in multiplayer tdm/siege, yet you keep claiming that it's because pro players choose Vlandia, so that's why they keep wining. Really mate? I have been at this game since the launch, mostly focused on multiplayer and I know plenty of people personally that just choose the faction against vlandia, just to not play on easy faction. Just last night I recorded that Vlandia won 5 games, while losing only 1. Previous night it was 6 win, 1 lose. And mind it, those lose games were very close. I have many video recordings of these occasions also on youtube. Please be more supportive on these balancing issues, especially if you going to talk about it at every chance on forum.

Back
Top Bottom