Another patch with barely anything regarding multiplayer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah......... they don't give a s**t about multiplayer obviously (n) Its been so long since the last mp patch and all they do is change crushthrough and a small tweak to cavalry. Wtf is the MP team composed of ? Half a person ? At this rate the game will be finished in 2025 or something.

Yeah......... they don't give a s**t about multiplayer obviously (n) Its been so long since the last mp patch and all they do is change crushthrough and a small tweak to cavalry. Wtf is the MP team composed of ? Half a person ? At this rate the game will be finished in 2025 or something.
I suggest you take a look at the 1.5.5 beta change log.

• New Weapon: Battanian Throwing Axe
    • Similar to other throwing axes
  • New Weapon: Aserai Throwing Axe
    • Deals more damage, Stack count 2
  • Jareed
    • Stack count increased from 2 to 3
  • Javelin
    • Stack count increased from 3 to 4
    • Extra Javelin Stack size increased from 6 to 8
  • Northern Fish Harpoon
    • Extra Harpoon Stack count increased from 7 to 8
There's more but i'm lazy

I suggest you take a look at the 1.5.5 beta change log.

Reading it. Class balancings... "cool". Dont get me wrong, its fine that someone in your team is trying to balance things out, but Its the combat system that is screwed right now, there is literally 0 intricacy to it anymore, its just spamming fast weapons and hitting people behind us with 180 degree angle swings. Throwing axes added to some classes? Literally the throwing weapon that can one shots people ? Are you reverting the nerfs on throwing weapons ?

No more throwing spear for clan warrior ?
No more crossbow for Archer Militia ? What the hell ?

Talk about destroying 2 low-tier classes that were slightly enjoyable in this snowballing festival.

Reading it. Class balancings... "cool". Dont get me wrong, its fine that someone in your team is trying to balance things out, but Its the combat system that is screwed right now, there is literally 0 intricacy to it anymore, its just spamming fast weapons and hitting people behind us with 180 degree angle swings. Throwing axes added to some classes? Literally the throwing weapon that can one shots people ? Are you reverting the nerfs on throwing weapons ?

No more throwing spear for clan warrior ? Talk about destroying a class.
Talk about the Pilum for empire ???

yeee more throwing axes and throwables fuunnn
They have been removed from most heavy inf classes though. You will see a lot less of them. There is now more variety in throwing weapons for skirmishers which already had throwing weapons in the first place.

No more throwing spear for clan warrior ?
No more crossbow for Archer Militia ? What the hell ?

Talk about destroying 2 low-tier classes that were slightly enjoyable in this snowballing festival.
Throwing axes wont deal that much damage anymore, it even says in the changelog:
  • Vlandian Throwing Axe
    • Damage is decreased from 113 to 34
  • Sturgia Throwing Axe
    • Damage is decreased from 90 to 34

In general you can say that most heavy inf dont have throwing wepaons (or low tier ones) and they have been moved to skirmisher classes. Also all these weapons are affected by the new ranged combat changes.

They have been removed from most heavy inf classes though. You will see a lot less of them. There is now more variety in throwing weapons for skirmishers which already had throwing weapons in the first place.

Throwing axes wont deal that much damage anymore, it even says in the changelog:
  • Vlandian Throwing Axe
    • Damage is decreased from 113 to 34
  • Sturgia Throwing Axe
    • Damage is decreased from 90 to 34

In general you can say that most heavy inf dont have throwing wepaons (or low tier ones) and they have been moved to skirmisher classes. Also all these weapons are affected by the new ranged combat changes.

Good, i'm behind that idea then (y) Although i think the game still lacks Mid-tier Infantry such as the Wildling for every faction. Its sad that we have to choose between either being a peasant wearing linen clothes, or a high tier heavy armored inf (with a 2h user in-between). It needs more "wildling" classes.

Last edited:
It's more than damn balancing u muppets, it seems like they changed how ranged works and felt this warranted for a partial perk overhaul.

Play tomorrow on the beta servers and then form an opinion on it, I'm very scared of cav. Biggest meme in the notes was about ranger getting throwing weapons.

I'm annoyed that a **** ton of things were changed which no one asked for but I'm very curious as the devs have been playing the game actively and I place some faith in them.

It's more than damn balancing u muppets, it seems like they changed how ranged works and felt this warranted for a partial perk overhaul.

Play tomorrow on the beta servers and then form an opinion on it, I'm very scared of cav. Biggest meme in the notes was about ranger getting throwing weapons.

I'm annoyed that a **** ton of things were changed which no one asked for but I'm very curious as the devs have been playing the game actively and I place some faith in them.

Thing is, balancing the classes is something they will have to keep doing forever. It will never be perfect. There will always be metas just like in games like League of Legends or Overwatch = the characters are constantly tuned up or down. They ensured that with their class system. So this patch is just a big "balancing" patch, but does it really address the real issues of multiplayers ? Not at all.

Thing is, balancing the classes is something they will have to keep doing forever. It will never be perfect. There will always be metas just like in games like League of Legends or Overwatch = the characters are constantly tuned up or down. They ensured that with their class system. So this patch is just a big "balancing" patch, but does it really address the real issues of multiplayers ? Not at all.
They changed a system so they need to balance it around that system and then tweak it again little by little. IMHO such big system changes shouldn't be implemented this late but they did so they have to deal with it.
We don't know yet if it addresses everything, the devs think it is fine overall so lets first see whats happened.

What it should look like now: System change + Big try to balance -> tweak -> smaller tweak -> smaller tweak -> smaller tweak.

They changed a system so they need to balance it around that system and then tweak it again little by little. IMHO such big system changes shouldn't be implemented this late but they did so they have to deal with it.
We don't know yet if it addresses everything, the devs think it is fine overall so lets first see whats happened.

What it should look like now: System change + Big try to balance -> tweak -> smaller tweak -> smaller tweak -> smaller tweak.

Well in fact what it SHOULD be like, but wont, is : Remove the class sytem - Implement Warband's system - Balance the different items used in the system - small tweaks when needed.

• Successfully avoided 3 threads regarding the community's concerns about multiplayer.
Idk guys the changelogs are getting very weird lately

@AVRC , @NIN3 sorry to tag you guys, but I wanted to ask is there a reason why MP hasn't got cheering implemented yet. The feature is already in SP and I can't see why you wouldn't want to port it over. Especially considering that players don't have any way of expressing themselves/communicating beyond the chat in multiplayer.

Why they even try? As long as all multiplayer modes have the same stats you never get a good balance. You cant make the same stats in captain mode and team deathmatch

@AVRC , @NIN3 sorry to tag you guys, but I wanted to ask is there a reason why MP hasn't got cheering implemented yet. The feature is already in SP and I can't see why you wouldn't want to port it over. Especially considering that players don't have any way of expressing themselves/communicating beyond the chat in multiplayer.
There are so many issues and little tweaks that have to be done and you want them to spend time implementing cheering animations?

Are the commanding animations in captain even synced or only client-side? If they are only client-side then implementing this might be a bit harder than you think.

There are so many issues and little tweaks that have to be done and you want them to spend time implementing cheering animations?

Are the commanding animations in captain even synced or only client-side? If they are only client-side then implementing this might be a bit harder than you think.
Unironically, yes. You'd be suprised how much can simple shouting on command can add to a multiplayer experience. Look at tf2 and it's voice command system for example, pepole there will stop playing just to spam voice commands at eachother regularly. It's also important since multiplayer has no way of having "silly" fun, the furthest we can go is tea-bagging and punching.

Back
Top Bottom