Beta Branch Patch Notes e1.2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Waited for weeks in my battanian kingdom that has 5 smiths in 5 different towns to see the armor becoming available. This was a pure 1.1 save so might be buggy cuz of that but shops still doesnt seem to update. Im gonna try with a new save later but 20 hours into this campaign where i nearly completed the main quest coulda used a bit of fashion for my companions. Hate to see them rocking Viking armor because they seem to restock tier 6 mails in omor for some reason. Never found any battanian headgear better than the fur helmet

About shops. I've noticed that all of the towns have exact same things in Ranged and Shield category. At first i was thinking that it's pure coincidence but after going around the whole map i'm sure that every city has the exact same things in exact same amounts in this category.

Omg a developer has actually communicated back to us. A rare thing. Also just want to +1 on identical stuff being available in every city. Really defeats the point of travelling and searching when it's all the Same. Anyway I'm sure they're working on soo soo much lovely new patches and feature implementation.

Why nerf looter farming? No one likes this change.
Speak for yourself. I do. There needs to be more variety in the early game farming instead of just looters + easy tournaments (from broken combat AI). More tier 1 unit variety, not relying on 1-2 ways to get money but forces you to be resourceful in time and decisions.

Allow us to simulate looter/low tier fights without casualties again, it was a great farming method. Or allow it via perk on Tactics.

Chasing down trash mobs to hoboslay and clicking autoresolve should not be embraced as real gameplay. It's a means to an end. The means to that end (income, experience, whatever) should change so that early-mid game and rebuilding an army isn't tedium but something that's based on your gameplay efforts.

And the whole Tactics skill is a problem in and of itself (bonus damage for not actually playing the game? wut?).

Speak for yourself. I do. There needs to be more variety in the early game farming instead of just looters + easy tournaments (from broken combat AI). More tier 1 unit variety, not relying on 1-2 ways to get money but forces you to be resourceful in time and decisions.

Exactly.

Troops and combat AI are still unbalanced, maybe even worse in this new branch.

I should not, on the hardest difficulty settings, be able to breeze through Battanian Heroes in a tournament, as a low level character. And watchmen shouldn't be dropping veteran infantry in three hits. The enemy attacks, I block, i counter attack and hit until they're dead. It's like none of them know how to sustain blocking during a fight now. The combat is too easy and it's quickly knocking the fun out of the game.

Yes, a lot of people complained already since last week. The devs know are working on a fix. I hope they realise stupid combat AI is a very high priority now... I stopped playing because I can't deal with attacking units that just don't block at all... You get youtube reviewers giving this game a negative because they complain how stupid the AI is... they should not release to public a completely broken combat AI. People who never played warband will think this game's combat has no strategy and just spam.

Last edited:
However a couple things that really need tweaked before making it to stable, IMO:
  1. Combat AI
    1. I know developer officially responded it is being worked on
    2. Would honestly like to see it reverted to pre 1.1 if it doesn't get a tweak before 1.2 makes it to stable

I have a theory all these AI performance fixes have made the AI intelligence kaput... if it was an easy revert they probably would have done it. I suspect it might be a conflict between smart AI and performance... just a guess.

Well 6 looters killed 3 troops in my 60 men army out of which 1 was vlandian sharpshooter and other was fion champion..ridiculous :shock:
I fear auto resolving with looters so much now :mrgreen:

Some of the larger looting parties contain some fairly tough looters. While they appear to be looters, they fight more like Sea Raiders/Chiefs.

There appears to be bug/oversight in the Lord Needs a Tutor Quest in the 1.2.0 Beta branch. I picked up the young lord in Khazit and noticed he was not leveling up, even after taking out whole packs of looters by himself. I then looked at his skills and he is 200 across the board in all combat skills. He is higher than me in pretty much all skills. As he is a young lord, his skills should be much lower. I've done this quest in Sturgia with Mimir multiple times (previous branches) and his skills are much lower and he is much easier to level up.

Continuing trying to level this guy to no avail. He does not level Smithing, Steward or Scouting. His combat skills are near impossible to level as his skills are 200. So I guess I just take his gear and fail this quest.

If this is not the right forum, I'd be happy to post elsewhere.

Thanks

Nice patch, but I think defender AI needs to be fix as well especially when the main gate has been destroyed, also, I hope combat AI can be improve in next patch
(+1)
"...especially when the main gate has been destroyed... " (+1)(this is important)

* And AI should use all ledders, mostly they waiting for one ledder while there is other availab leledders.
Siege towers still don't seem to work properly. If anything they seem to be working worse now? Previously the middle ladder would be almost always used. But now they seem even more glitchy?
bZUlu2e.png
(+1)

So bugs in the beta so far....

1. Baby fighters in some units
2. Towns with no money
3. Auto resolve not working corectly
(+1)

game crashed during a siege just as my siege towers got to the walls and my troops were ready to climb. clearly the patches need patching....
P.s yes I have sent in a crash report.
(+1)
My special 2H sledgehammer blunt-dmg polearm is now a falx with cut? ?
A215258C57406A0F4B4E8A3DB1E774F54B1D1370
(+1)

I really dont get it, how hard it is to fix simple perks like +3 arrows? Seriously? Thats really hilarious that they are playing around with caravans but cant fix those small and simple things. Half of the perks, especially low tier do not work. You're just leveling up to click empty buttons in skill list.
(+1)(perk system need update)

Ya I noticed the same thing. I would craft multiple very high difficulty weapons multiple times and not a single xp gain.
(+1)(bugy smithy experience gaining)

Why is my enemy (enemy lord, lady or king) sitting,living in my city
(+1)
(+1)(this is not bug but, yeah game need to be more creative about source of income)

This is the problems that i tried the list @Callum @Duh_TaleWorlds

It seems they are patching stuff without even thinking of what the knock on effect is of these patches. Now that they've made caravans a bigger target its having some sort of effect on all cities going bankrupt and a constant lack of weapons now aswell.

Also they're patching stuff and not even telling us... case and point the auto resolve with looters is now killing my high tier units. I mean what they heck did they change to make that happen.
Fully agree +1 This. I hope we get a hotfix for this ASAP!!! Its DEFINITELY THE BIG BUG/ISSUE under this Patch!

It seems there's no point getting caravans anymore, they're just a huge drain on your economy - ruining caravans ruins the town's economies, therefor also making trading irrelevant. If you can't trade, you can't get enough money for caravans, and if caravans are useless, all you got left is killing looters.

To top it off, even though I win literally every tournament I play, it's even hard to sell the helmets I get because it takes 1/3rd of the town's money, if they have any at all, giving me no economical boost. It's really only good for the renown bonus, and nothing else. So I completely ignore all tournaments.

I do however have better performance and much less crashes, which I like.

And - like everyone else - #BringBackTheBetterAI

I've given up on caravans. I'm not spending 15k on bandit bait. It's ridiculous now, makes money for a little bit then I see oh medical skill going up oh captured nice.

You shouldn't lose caravans at all. They should just go into red if they travel through warring lands so if there's too much war going you disband it yourself.

I've given up on caravans. I'm not spending 15k on bandit bait. It's ridiculous now, makes money for a little bit then I see oh medical skill going up oh captured nice.

You shouldn't lose caravans at all. They should just go into red if they travel through warring lands so if there's too much war going you disband it yourself.

They cost 18K now actually. As for being bandit bait it's exaggerated. I started a Caravan for 18K in Praven. It started generating profit after 4 days and raised it to 1k in 5 days. Whole investment started making profit after 3,5 week and it's still going (6 weeks now).
I think that it works fine some players are unlucky and lose it right away but there's still huge chance it will go smoothly for a long time.

Caravans being in danger is fine by me, I think being able to choose their route or even simply restricting what kingdoms they can trade with might allow the player to keep them safer.

It seems there's no point getting caravans anymore, they're just a huge drain on your economy - ruining caravans ruins the town's economies, therefor also making trading irrelevant. If you can't trade, you can't get enough money for caravans, and if caravans are useless, all you got left is killing looters.

To top it off, even though I win literally every tournament I play, it's even hard to sell the helmets I get because it takes 1/3rd of the town's money, if they have any at all, giving me no economical boost. It's really only good for the renown bonus, and nothing else. So I completely ignore all tournaments.

I do however have better performance and much less crashes, which I like.

And - like everyone else - #BringBackTheBetterAI

Bannerlord economic depression. Good to see the simulated economy working. Everyone is broke ?

No, if you never lose caravans you get an infinite income that stacks from many caravans, eventually you will get stupid income a day.
I think the solution here is to give us the ability to protect caravan routes... patrols dedicated to eradicating bandits/hideouts? Don't build caravan routes with a lot of bandits/near territory of faction at war.
If we can secure a safe route for our caravans, then they may survive more.
This also opens up strategy to cripple economies of enemy factions by endangering their carvan routes.

No, if you never lose caravans you get an infinite income that stacks from many caravans, eventually you will get stupid income a day.
I think the solution here is to give us the ability to protect caravan routes... patrols dedicated to eradicating bandits/hideouts? Don't build caravan routes with a lot of bandits/near territory of faction at war.
If we can control a safe route for our caravans, then they may survive more.
Honestly, I did 2 save games, had 2 caravans in each putting in a few hours into each save game. None of the caravans brought anything but negative income, bar the first week after creation.

Has to be some middle grounds. Like you said, I wouldn't mind controlling routes, perhaps even allowing one to send patrols with them or stack them with more units, making them slower (being targets of lords), but safer from those stacks of 40 steppe bandits roaming the wilds.

Back
Top Bottom